Zombie Apocalypse!

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Erkirithi-Sha
Ramen

Post by Erkirithi-Sha »

Sounds like a great idea to me. I'm all for the survivors taking part. I assume they'd all be 'class-less' characters?
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

Indeed. If I understand, they'd be NPC's. Non Playing Characters.
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Montressor wrote:Sounds like a great idea to me. I'm all for the survivors taking part. I assume they'd all be 'class-less' characters?
Yes, with really weak stats.

This is how it will work. Every turn all characters have a chance (equal to their level) of recruiting survivors. The higher level you are, the better chance a survivor will join you. This makes sense: people look to the more accomplished. But you can only have two survivors/followers at the most.

For example. Character A is level 4 with 1 follower. Turn 10 she receives another follower (she has a 67% chance of earning another follower), which means that she cannot recruit more. Character B is level 2. He has a 33% chance of recruiting a survivor.

Recruitment is automatic, so characters do not have to spend an action looking for survivors. Characters can also recruit two survivors by spending the point you get when a character gains the next experience level. Instead of raising an ability, a player may now spend that on automatically getting two survivors. However, a character can not ever have more than two.

Having a survivor/follower grants you two benefits. First, they can improve an action by granting a higher chance of success. Second, they automatically defend you, so that they receive injuries from attacks against the character. Having two followers means that two injuries can be absorbed by the two characters. Once a survivor takes an injury he or she will die.

Survivors are so devoted they are willing to be pushed into the narrowest spaces in vehicles, so that they do not count for passenger limitations.

As for their names, I leave the players with creating the followers, and their history. So Johnny Bravo could have one that is a fan of the athlete.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

The new map!

Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

WOOHOO! I like. :D

So you can only get to the Island from the Docks, right?
You do not hear, and so you cannot be redeemed.

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

variol son wrote:WOOHOO! I like. :D

So you can only get to the Island from the Docks, right?
Yes. Thanks for that, I was just going to post the rules.
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Loremaster wrote:Survivors are so devoted they are willing to be pushed into the narrowest spaces in vehicles, so that they do not count for passenger limitations.
:lol: :lol: I can see it now: "Get in that glovebox, bitch!" :lol:
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

:lol:

By the way, you guys are such scavengers. :lol: Lost count of how many investigate actions. lol
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Damn. You're making me feel unoriginal.
Bernard Black
Ramen

Post by Bernard Black »

Loremaster wrote::lol:

By the way, you guys are such scavengers. :lol: Lost count of how many investigate actions. lol
Oh honestly :roll: Investigation is all I'm good for! :P
Oh. Bugger.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Murrin wrote:Damn. You're making me feel unoriginal.
Says the guy who shot someone. :lol:
Bernard Black
Ramen

Post by Bernard Black »

Loremaster wrote:
Murrin wrote:Damn. You're making me feel unoriginal.
Says the guy who shot someone. :lol:
:lol: Miles is a nutter! I'm glad I headed the other way. If he's like this with Joe, can you imagine how he would have reacted to me? 8O
Oh. Bugger.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I don't expect I'll stay the only one who did that. The way I'm pushing this character, I'm gonna get myself shot, heh.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Decisions, decisions...
I've written myself into a corner. Miles can't go east when he thinks his only hope lies west...
Y'know, it'd be nice and convenient if the others would show themselves about now, so I can get rid of this military rescue notion (hint hint).
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Reminder:

Turn Nine submissions due by 12am GMT Tuesday.
Bernard Black
Ramen

Post by Bernard Black »

Alright, alright. Honestly, you're getting like my mum. :P
Oh. Bugger.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

First off, Turn Ten submissions due by 12am GMT Saturday. But there will probably be a delay in turn processing as two players will not have internet access.

Second, I am dumping the Intervention rule, as it doesn't make much sense and significantly alters gameplay.

Third, given that we are half way through the game, what you all like for the second zombie game? I plan to set it in a town in the UK, but how do you feel about that? And what would you all like to see?
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Is the idea that all these games take place during the same outbreak, or are they unrelated?
UK town sounds interesting.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Murrin wrote:Is the idea that all these games take place during the same outbreak, or are they unrelated?
UK town sounds interesting.
I'm not sure - I'd like it to be the same outbreak, but I dont want the game to become 'mythos heavy' if that makes sense. I have considered just making a variation, as in something other than undead.
Erkirithi-Sha
Ramen

Post by Erkirithi-Sha »

I'd vote for the simple variation on the theme, rather than having all the games interlinked. That way, you can do variations on the 'zombie' side of it - eg, a game on a tropical island could have cannibals instead of zombies; another game could have plague which sends people mad; parasites from outer space etc etc.

I'd go for the UK setting in a country town, for something different. Thought of setting it in a different decade . . . such as the 1960s, for instance? New player classes: Mod, Milkman etc. :wink:

Return to “Zombie Apocalypse”