Concerts

Who's listening to what, what's going on in the music industry....

Moderators: StevieG, dANdeLION, lucimay

[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Saw Flogging Molly and Authority Zero last night. Awesome show, and I got the bruises to prove it.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Hellfire
Giantfriend

Post by Hellfire »

yeah I couldn't get away without getting a few either. though not on purpose, I think I did my share of inflicting them as well. :twisted:

I just gotta say WHAT IS GOING ON WITH STUPID FEMALES AT PUNK SHOWS??

I got girley girls b**ch'n at me twice for the stupidest reasons ever. First, when the band came out the guitarist raised his glass for a toast right in front of us(we were up pretty close) and thinking there is no way the tiny amount in my glass could spill out, I raised my glass back. So I misjudged and some splashed out on to the poor girl in front of me. No that I WAS embarresed about- when she turned around I immediately apologized I said "Oh my gosh I am so sorry" and she replied"Ugh- You got beer all over me!!!!!! Can you drink that thing next time instead?" Now I saw how much I supposedly got all over her and it was a very small splash. I got beer spilled all over the side of my arm just an hour earlier and did the person ever stop to apologize like I did- NO FREAKIN WAY. I leaned over to yell at Syl what she said and he yelled back. "You should have dumped the whole thing on her"(thanks sweetie)She left right after that.
THEN......THEN..... about 2 or 3 songs into Flogging Molly I feel a tap at my back. I turned around and this girl started to say something about my hair but the music picked up again and we were jumping around some more for awhile. A little while later she comes from the side and says "Can you pull your hair back?- it's getting all over me" IS THAT JUST THE SORRIEST THING EVER OR WHAT????? As ridiculous as it was- I was happy to do this anyway because my hair was making the heat much much warmer to me. "I don't have a hair tie" I said back. She gladly had one ready to hand me(she had very short hair and yet a few hair ties on each wrist- was she the hair tie fairy :?: )

Beer spilled on ya, a little hair in your face. It's a punk show and it's the moshing section, princess- move to the back or get over it.

Thanks for letting me rant out my :2c:
"Hellfire! Everybody in this whole business, you and everyone keep accusing me of being some sort of closet expert. I tell you, I don't know one damn thing about this unless someone explains it to me. I'm not your bloody Berek."
Earthblood
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Earthblood »

1) Grateful Dead - Syracuse Carrier Dome '83 ish
2) Who/Clash next night in Buffalo (the Who played Love Reign O'er Me & it started raining - cool)
3) Genesis - Carrier dome again '82? - last time they played Lamb Lies Down on Broadway tunes in concert
4) The other 14 times I saw the Dead
5) Neil Young (both times)
6) CSN (all 3 times)

I'll think of more later...
:earthy
"You're afraid of yourself."
Earthblood
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Earthblood »

Hellfire - Clash concert at a football stadium - qualude drenched B**ch behind me - slept thru opening act - got woke up for Cash, but couldn't stand up, so I listened to 'sit down...sit down...sit down' for 1/2 hour before I turned around & said 'Stand up, stupid!' and turned around.

Dead Heads are hands down the best fellow concert goers - very mellow and not (usually) very grumpy.
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

I saw Nerf Herder on Friday - eeeeexcellent... :R :cheers:
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Cool. I love Nerf Herder.

Ahhh, good memories of driving across the US with my buddy Josh singing "Nose Ring Girl" at the top of our lungs.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Rice cakes! Rice cakes! Rice cakes! :lol:
Hellfire
Giantfriend

Post by Hellfire »

Earthblood wrote:Hellfire - Clash concert at a football stadium - qualude drenched B**ch behind me - slept thru opening act - got woke up for Cash, but couldn't stand up, so I listened to 'sit down...sit down...sit down' for 1/2 hour before I turned around & said 'Stand up, stupid!' and turned around.
Man that sucks. You remember those stupid people forever too. When I saw Stone Temple Pilots, we were way back in this outside part sitting against the back wall. This guy next to me and my best friend
Spoiler
just whips it out and starts peeing on the wall!!!!!
We yelled at him and told him to go away but he was just too messed up to even understand so we moved.

ONE MORE WEEK TILL LOLLAPALOOZA!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers: :bounce03: :R
"Hellfire! Everybody in this whole business, you and everyone keep accusing me of being some sort of closet expert. I tell you, I don't know one damn thing about this unless someone explains it to me. I'm not your bloody Berek."
Lord Mhoram
Lord

Post by Lord Mhoram »

Jane's Addiction, AudioSlave...good stuff at the Lollapalooza come-back. :)
Hellfire
Giantfriend

Post by Hellfire »

Yep. Not a bad line up at all. But I would not mind seeing Zwan or Radio Head in the line up as well.
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

*Syl grumbles about not being able to see A Perfect Circle, Roony, or 30 Seconds to Mars... stupid east coast*
-George Steiner
Earthblood
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Earthblood »

Here's a humorus one for ya, Hellfire:
Jerry Garcia Band, Buffalo Memorial Auditorium, March, 94ish(?)
me & my buddy left our coats in the car, not wanting to hold them in concert. (In case you don't know, Buffalo in March is generally pretty damn cold, especially right on the lake front, where the Aud is. This evening was no exception - probly about 30 degrees with a good stiff wind, so the wind chill was around 10 or 15).
So, me & my buddy are walking toward the Aud and all the people walking around are all smiling & laughing (more than usual before a Dead show). we sort of wonder why everyone's in such a good mood till we come up to the entrance of the place, see 2 cops leaning on their car, shaking their heads while watching this deadhead (guy) wandering around the front of the Aud, BUTT NAKED! Not a stich of clothing on the guy's body! It was freezing out, so he wasn't showing much (if you know what I mean), but he was feeling no pain - actually, I think he may have possibly been under the influence of some mind altering substances. I know that might be a shock, saying that about someone at a Dead show, but I think he might have been *hehe* That was pretty funny.
Hellfire
Giantfriend

Post by Hellfire »

:LOLS:

Ha. Never got to see naked peeps at any concert I went to. Then again I never went to a Dead show. But I did go camping during Woodstock and there were none there either that I can remember. When I went to Lollapooza the first time in 95 there were these people walking around with just body paint on and nothing else!!!! They got on stage and danced around for L7.

I'm sure I'll think of something else later.
Lord Mhoram
Lord

Post by Lord Mhoram »

Speaking of The Dead, I heard that Joan Osbourne was touring with some of the members?
Hellfire
Giantfriend

Post by Hellfire »

Lollapalooza was spectacular!!!!!!!!!!
Syl said he posted about it but it got erased so I will offer my point of view and hope that it stays up.

The Mindfield- This is a game you play with your cell phones that I read about on the Lolla web board. I was really into it since alot people on the site were saying that they played and got to hang out backstage and meet the bands. They had you find these wierd people( a clown, guy with a shroom on his head) and get codes to text message the judges. They also gave you certain "missions" to complete. I played over half their stupid games and got NOTHING. :x But Syl played and he was first to find this one guy and send in a code so he got selected to get 20 people to send a message on thier cell phones to the judges. He cheated and just got me to send 7 of them. :twisted: For doing this he got to see Queens of the Stone Age backstage!!!!!!! :!: Lucky Dog. He won me a tshirt and a key chain also. I worked my tail off but I'm glad at least one of us got something for it.

The Distiller's- watched the first song when we were just finding our seats. Seems like a pretty good girl punk band but I never heard of them before and I wanted to check the layout so we did not stick around for more. I heard at the Lollapalooza web site board that they spit at people in the pit. EWWWWW :P

The Donna's- these poor girls just don't get enough respect. They put on a pretty good show and kissed butt for the audience and still hardly anyone was around to see it. No wonder they only played for 45 minutes. I like thier stuff even if they seem kinda like a novelty band. It is fun loving and they work really hard. The girl drummer was cute with her pigtails and she tore it up!!!!

Jurrasic 5- I was looking forward to seeing these guys alot and I missed most of their show doing some stupid Mindfield mission. :cry: What I did see really rocked but the audience once again sat and twiddled their thumbs like they were watching opera. I was into it even if no one else was but the audience at this Lollapalooza really bummed me out. Has screaming and jumping up and down for your favorite bands gone out of fashion? :roll: Oh well- I will definately be getting more Jurassic 5 in my collection.

Queens of the Stone Age- Syl was backstage for the first few songs and I got another mission to complete for the Mindfield on my cell phone. I had to find this guy at the top of the lawn with a drum and play it for him to get a code. There were alot of other people there when I found him and he was freakin crazy and rude to everyone!!!! But it was a fun little adventure. I went back to watch the show and Syl was already down there waiting. They didn't sign autographs or let anyone take pics while he was back there. But they still played well. Again, the audience was dead still.

Incubus- don't care for them, didn't watch. We got a pizza and did a little shopping at the booths. I heard from the web board that they put on a good show for the fans. They opened up playing the "Super Mario Bros." theme song.

Audioslave- kicked major butt :D They had alot of great guitar solos and Chris Cornell was really into it. The audience FINALLY stood up. I just love these guys and they make great music. What is really wierd is that they did a cover of the White Stripes "Seven Nation Army" But it was all good.
On the big screen they showed the back of Chris Cornell's head and he had a huge BALD SPOT!!!!!! I didn't realize he was getting on in years but I just found out he is actually 39. It doesn't show at all....he rocks!!!! I wish they would have played Black Hole Sun.

Jane's Addiction- definately worth the wait. They had the most spectacular set. There were these slutty girls dancing around tho that I found a little degrading to the spirit of music. Perry called them the Lolla Girls but they
Spoiler
just looked liked Victioria Secret models cracked out on ecstasy to me
He played ALL the songs I wanted to hear. Opened with "Go". Also played "Mountian Song", "Jane Says", "Been Caught Stealing", "Just Because" and he came out for an oncore and played "Summertime Rolls" which is my fave :) He was dressed all in silver and had high energy (that is an understatement). Just magical.

The whole day flew by and I would go again but next time I will save alot of money and just buy the lawn seats. We paid $170 for both our seat tickets and the lawn seats were going for ten bucks. The tour is still going back toward the west coast so I would recomend it to anyone of you guys out there. It is alot of fun. ;) You can check it out at www.Lollapalooza.com. I am on the board as Xatalli. And if anyone wants to see our pics (got all bands except The Donnas) just let me or Syl know and we will email some to you.
Lord Mhoram
Lord

Post by Lord Mhoram »

Sounds like a good show! Seven Nation Army's a pretty good song, I think. :) Cornell's going bald! 8O No way! Jane's Addiction sounds like it was good, too! :D
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

U missed INCUBUS!!! Ay yi--u don't kno what's u're missing! Queens r great!
fall far and well Pilots!
Earthblood
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Earthblood »

Yes LM - I also heard Joan Osborne is singing w/ the Dead. My nephew saw them & said she was great w/them!
Lord Mhoram
Lord

Post by Lord Mhoram »

Cool! :)
The Leper Fairy
The Gap Into Spam

Post by The Leper Fairy »

No one ever comes to Monatana... not even country singers! I would've thought they'd be all over Montana but oh no! No one loves me! Arghhhh

Pie and Cake

Return to “Vespers”