Concerts

Who's listening to what, what's going on in the music industry....

Moderators: StevieG, dANdeLION, lucimay

Hellfire
Giantfriend

Concerts

Post by Hellfire »

If anyone wants to talk about concerts/raves/nightclub shows they've seen or want to see, past or future-let's hear about it. 8)

I just bought our two tix to Lollapalooza :D good ones too- in the middle of the very first tier :R

Plan to also see this summer:

Tori Amos and Ben Folds
Flogging Molly and Authority Zero

Anyone else going to see a show soon?
"Hellfire! Everybody in this whole business, you and everyone keep accusing me of being some sort of closet expert. I tell you, I don't know one damn thing about this unless someone explains it to me. I'm not your bloody Berek."
Dromond
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dromond »

My first Concert?
KISS !!! 1974! :R Need I say more?! :R
Dromond
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dromond »

Strangest pairing would be Ted Nugent opening for Black Sabbath-Sabbath sounded soft because Ted blew our eardrums apart!

Or maybe Aerosmith opening for ZZ Top! What a GREAT show that was!

Post by Guest »

Kiss would have been awesome to see Drommmond. They recently did a couple of concerts over here with the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra ( I think it was the MSO).

The last concert I went to was at Easter and it was an outdoor affair....Meatloaf Tribute Concert and the male singer, dunno who he was but he had an amazing voice, really nailed it. The female singer was pretty good too.

Best concert that I never got to see but had the tickets for was Eagles, Hell Freezes Over. I still have the scars from that one. :(
Infelice
Lord

Post by Infelice »

Anonymous wrote:Kiss would have been awesome to see Drommmond. They recently did a couple of concerts over here with the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra ( I think it was the MSO).

The last concert I went to was at Easter and it was an outdoor affair....Meatloaf Tribute Concert and the male singer, dunno who he was but he had an amazing voice, really nailed it. The female singer was pretty good too.

Best concert that I never got to see but had the tickets for was Eagles, Hell Freezes Over. I still have the scars from that one. :(
That was me. I was logged in but somehow I got logged out. Hmmm... there must be pixies about. :roll:
Dromond
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dromond »

I had tickets to see Led Zeppelin in Pittsburgh ('78, I think) When they had to cancel because Robert Plant's boy died. :(
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by duchess of malfi »

Probably one of the funnest bands I've seen in concert was ZZ Topp. The Black Crowes was the opening group and they made a great combo. :)
Love as thou wilt.

Hellfire
Giantfriend

Post by Hellfire »

duchess of malfi wrote:Probably one of the funnest bands I've seen in concert was ZZ Topp. The Black Crowes was the opening group and they made a great combo. :)
That would be an awsome concert.!!!!

I have been to Lollapalooza twice so this will be my third time. This thing is like 5 or 6 big concerts in one day. It was my very first concert experience in 94 and that was definately the best ever.
These are the bands that I remember:
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
The Breeders
Smashing Pumpkins
Beastie Boys
L7

Then I went again in 96 and saw these guys:
Cypress Hill( the lead singer crowd surfed and grabbed my hand!!!! :o )
Sonic Youth
George Clinton
Hole
Beck

This is the line up for this year:
Jane's Addiction
Cold
Queen's of the Stone Age
The Donna's
Incubus

Man I can't wait :D
"Hellfire! Everybody in this whole business, you and everyone keep accusing me of being some sort of closet expert. I tell you, I don't know one damn thing about this unless someone explains it to me. I'm not your bloody Berek."
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Neither can I. I'm also looking forward to catching some of the second stagers to scope for some new music.

Anybody know anything about the following?
Bellydance Superstars
30 Seconds to Mars
(Steve-O from Jackass, rock!)
The Mooney Suzuki
Pharoahe Monch
Burning Bridges
Kings of Leon
Boy Sets Fire
Fingertight
The Music
Rooney
Cave In
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Cave In has a single out now, and its very good - it's called Anchor, maybe you could take a look?
And I believe I've also heard a Boy Sets Fire song recently, but I can't remember it right now...

As for 'The Music' - they seem pretty popular right now, they do a sort of dance music (I have no idea about classifying groups, but it is some sort of dance).
The Leper Fairy
The Gap Into Spam

Post by The Leper Fairy »

Hellfire - Have fun at flogging molly! I went to one of their concerts this winter. The lead guys are really funny.

Pie and Cake
Hellfire
Giantfriend

Post by Hellfire »

Syl has the details on that one. I think it is this weekend or early in the next week. Hope there's plenty of room for the non-moshing crowd. I used to get into it and crowd surf a little but now I'm too old for that stuff. :wink: What kinda example would I set for my boy if mommy came home from partyin' with a black eye??! :lol:

Bad Religion just came thru here too but we missed it. :evil:
Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

I havn't been to a concert in years, but am thinking of going to see the Counting Crows in August.
The Leper Fairy
The Gap Into Spam

Post by The Leper Fairy »

No concerts ever come through Montana. With the exception of maybe Warped Tour (Oh man, that's so cool!)

Pie and Cake
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I live near Newcastle, which most bands who tour the UK agree is the best place to play. The better gigs are in the Arena, but you get some good bands playing the student union(s) all the time - last one I saw was Less Than Jake.
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Hellfire wrote:Bad Religion just came thru here too but we missed it. :evil:
I saw Bad Religion about a year ago, it was fantastic! I'm seeing them again the moment they return to the UK...
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

The following is copied and pasted from the Best Concert thread:
------------------------------------------
Last concert I saw was Neil Young and the Pretenders. Since Neil is my fav musician it was probably the best! He did Winterlong (which is an absolutely beautiful song and I've heard he rarely preforms it..) Powderfinger, Motorcycle Mama, and a 1/2 hr killer version of Words. He opened w/Cinnamon Girl and his 2nd encore was a fantastic version of Cowgirl in the Sand--perfect 4 my desert home! The Pretenders opened and Chrissy Hynde kissed the stage and said "I can't believe I'm on the same stage w/the man!" they paid tribute 2 Neil by opening w/his The Loner and ending w/The Needle and the Damage Done.
Yes w/The Alan Parsons Project at the Paolo Soleri ampitheater (in Santa Fe) in digital surround sound was amazing. Santana w/Ottmar Liebert great and The Pat Travers Band "Boom, Boom, Out Go the Lights" in a little theater was mind blowing the guitars were so loud I could barely hear 4 2 days!
------------------------------------------
I just missed Godsmack and Staind--they played last night, apparently both bads r from Massachusetts and this was the first time, and only time this year that they have, or will, play 2gether. Staind got excellent reviews, but apparently Godsmack started so late they couldn't get a review in by press time. I think some Staind is very good but since I adore Godsmack they seem so-so in comparision. I'm slightly pissed, I really wanted 2 go, but money's tight... :?
Last edited by danlo on Thu Jun 19, 2003 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Worm of Despite
Lord

Post by Worm of Despite »

Hmm, if ever Pink Floyd tours again . . . *sighs* They need to release their damn PULSE tour on DVD already! On it, they played the entire Dark Side of the Moon live, in one full sequence!
"I support the destruction of the Think-Tank." - Avatar, August 2008
Hellfire
Giantfriend

Post by Hellfire »

Pink Floyd would definately be on my list of bands I would love to see. A friend of mine saw them once when Division Bell(hope that's the right name)came out and she said it was an amazing show that seems to go on forever. They have laser lights and all that fancy stuff. I wish I could have caught the Grateful Dead too.I know I'm not a fan of Pink Floyd or Grateful Dead, but if they put on phenominal concerts that everyone tells thier grandkids about- I'm so there. :P
CovenantJr wrote:
Hellfire wrote:Bad Religion just came thru here too but we missed it. :evil:
I saw Bad Religion about a year ago, it was fantastic! I'm seeing them again the moment they return to the UK...
:x :|....... :D :)........... :( ............... :cry: That's okay, they aren't going away any time soon so I'm sure they will come around again....won't they?
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Naturally... Take comfort, they're bound to be back. I've always got one eye on their tours page... 8)

Return to “Vespers”