Snack Food

Learn how to make Spring Wine and aliantha cookies.

Moderator: Menolly

Infelice
Lord

Snack Food

Post by Infelice »

Snack food. Quick, easy, convenient, yummy and not always the healthiest stuff to put in your mouth. Tell us the what, when and how much of your snack food cravings.

For me its Tim Tams....two thin rectangular chocolate biscuits sandwiching a thin layer of chocolate frosting and coated with milk chocolate on the outside. (You just knew it was gonna be something with chocolate didin't you ;) )

They are only availabe here in OZ as far as I know. They also come in dark chocolate and caramel varieties and if they ever make white chocolate Tim Tams then I'm gone.

My ultimate wish would be for a never-ending packet of Tim Tams and a life membership to the local gym. :)
Last edited by Infelice on Mon Jun 09, 2003 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Sunchips (rough textured, square, wavy chips), any variety, with french onion dip.
Cheese and crackers
Vanilla carnation (two packets in a large glass of milk)
Mixed nuts, especially the kind with banana chips and dried pinapple
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by duchess of malfi »

oooh cheese and crackers sounds good!
chocolate, goes without saying
green seedless grapes
sunflower seeds
cheetos
dried pittless cherries -- we eat them as is, and I throw them in all sorts of things from fresh bread in my machine to salads...
popcorn
Love as thou wilt.

Dromond
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dromond »

mmmmmmm.........dried cherries.
They make an excellent sauce to go with roast pork and other things, also, Duchess!
Samadhi Foul
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Samadhi Foul »

Well, I bought one of those dehydrator thingies out of a catolouge, and I keep it in my tree house. (note- Almost all girls here in Crossville have tree houses) I use it to dehydrate fruit, vegetables, and sometimes meats. It's my favorite appliance.

I like cheese and crackers too. I have no stomach for cherries, whatsoever. I can make these little sweet cracker-like things (chocolate ones being my favorite) that are about an inch across. I can make white chocolate puffs that are really, really light and they melt when they come into contact with slobber. Ive got a million more snacks that I could mention, but my fingers are not happy today. :screwy: hehe

In other words, I really like snacking. :D :mrgreen:
Beware of cutlery. It is violent. And sharp.

Vayne has a good siggy-sense. ;)
Infelice
Lord

Post by Infelice »

Those food dehydrators do come in very handy....I make some really yummy fruit chews using dehydrated pureed fruit. :)
Earthfriend
<i>Haruchai</i>

Re: Snack Food

Post by Earthfriend »

Infelice wrote:My ultimate wish would be for a never-ending packet of Tim Tams and a life membership to the local gym. :)
O.K: someones being watching too much advertising! :lol:

And i'm really confused by this thread...do you guys mean to tell me that there are other sorts of food besides snack food?!? Personally i make sure i get something from each of the five essential food groups:
Chocolate
Chips
Frozen food
Lollies and,
MSG!

:wink: :D
Stone and Sea are deep in life,
two unalterable symbols of the world;
permanence at rest, and permanence in motion;
participants in the Power that remains.
Infelice
Lord

Post by Infelice »

EF, chocolate is the most essential of those 5 basic food groups. :D

And yes, I am easily influenced by advertising. ;)
Reisheiruhime
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Reisheiruhime »

Anything that doesn't require more effort than chewing. :roll:
Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

Cheetos - cheese that goes crunch. Have to watch the orange fingers though. :wink: Also cashews are a good snack.
Infelice
Lord

Post by Infelice »

I love those too Damelon and the cheesy fingers are a bonus. :)

Any variety of nut excluding walnuts are extremely yummy and highly nutritious. (Not a big fan of the walnut) I find that I can't stop until they are all gone. My particular nut vices are pistachios, macadamias and cashews. :D
Reisheiruhime
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Reisheiruhime »

mmmmmmmmmmm.................cashews...............
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

we have tim tams here in NZ infelice. regular. dark. cappuccino, chewy caramel and double choc varieties. we also ahve an add where a chick wishes 4 an unemptiable pack of the things. i luv them, especially wen u bite off both ends & use it like a straw 2 suck up milo or hot choc. then, once its about 2 break apart, u eat the whole thing in 1 mouthful. its like heaven btween ur teeth.

sum sui generis
You do not hear, and so you cannot be redeemed.

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.
Infelice
Lord

Post by Infelice »

variol son wrote:we have tim tams here in NZ infelice. regular. dark. cappuccino, chewy caramel and double choc varieties. we also ahve an add where a chick wishes 4 an unemptiable pack of the things. i luv them, especially wen u bite off both ends & use it like a straw 2 suck up milo or hot choc. then, once its about 2 break apart, u eat the whole thing in 1 mouthful. its like heaven btween ur teeth.

sum sui generis
OMG! That's exactly how I like to eat them VS!!! Nothing like a Choc Fudge TimTam with Milo.....YUM and DOUBLE YUM :faint:
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

ah, infelice, ur taste is quite obviously impecable.

sum sui generis
You do not hear, and so you cannot be redeemed.

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Times like these I'm reminded of how different you guys down under are... Tim Tams and Milo... no clue.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Infelice
Lord

Post by Infelice »

Tim Tams.....yet another reason to move to OZ :D

www.arnotts.com/Biscuits/OurBiscuitsP.asp?BID=79

And Milo... :D

www.nestle.com.au/milo/main.asp
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

lol .. and dont forget the vegimite .. speaking of which i just had a craving for vegimite on vita-wheat ;)
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Infelice
Lord

Post by Infelice »

... And Vegemite...

www.vegemite.com.au
Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

I havn't heard good things about vegemite. :?

Return to “The Galley”