Snack Food

Learn how to make Spring Wine and aliantha cookies.

Moderator: Menolly

Infelice
Lord

Post by Infelice »

Ahhh Damelon......I cannot sing enough praises about Vegemite. Its full of Vitamin B and it puts a rose in every cheek. :lol:

Vegemite and grilled cheese on toast.....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

I was looking for vegemite online. At $11 for a 455g jar, it's a bit expensive to try on a lark over here. I've heard that it has a overly yeasty taste.
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by duchess of malfi »

I'v e heard of it before, but I'm not entirely sure of what it is... :?:
Love as thou wilt.

Infelice
Lord

Post by Infelice »

Damelon wrote:I was looking for vegemite online. At $11 for a 455g jar, it's a bit expensive to try on a lark over here. I've heard that it has a overly yeasty taste.
You heard right Damelon.....I can always send you over a sample of it if you are keen to try it....It would cost me about a quarter of what you would pay for a jar. And they are only little samples so if you taste and dont like, its not a great waste. Pm me if interested.......I'm already sending over samples of Aussie foods to another friend living in Mississippi. :)
Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

Infelice, I may take you up on that. I'll however, for now, keep an eye out for it around here. I see vegemite is made by Kraft - a company headquartered in Chicago. :)

I came across an interesting website for Aussies in the U.S. about our food differences www.uq.net.au/~zzdonsi/food.html
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

LOL ..

i'd start him off .. on the smallest sampler jar .. better to begin small .. and wait for the addiction to kick in ;) lol

we could make a killing importing vegemite to the US .. at a much reduced cost to the consumer.

Vegimite is fantastic!!! on hot buttered toast!!! makes a great snack and a great breakfast!! quick and easy .. and you yanks gotto be getting sick of your sugar loaded foods .. there aint a scrap of sugar in vegimite!!

it is a savoury delight!! and as infelice says .. great with cheese!!
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

ummmm, vegemite on hot, buttered toast. (drools profusely all over flatmates new computer).

hey infelice, if ur sendin vegemite u have 2 send tim tams & milo as well. all the necessities.

sum sui generis
You do not hear, and so you cannot be redeemed.

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

I had vegemite once.

Once.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Kinslaughterer
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Kinslaughterer »

Nicely said Syl :)

Have you Ozlanders ever had a fudge round?
I'm not sure if its only distributed in North America, but it may be the single greatest snack food EVER. Wait no maybes, it is the greatest ever.
"We do not follow maps to buried treasure, and remember:X never, ever, marks the spot."
- Professor Henry Jones Jr.

"Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand, a thief, a reaver, a slayer, with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet."

https://crowcanyon.org/
support your local archaeologist!
Samadhi Foul
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Samadhi Foul »

What's that? :? I assume it has fudge in it, right? Okay, it's the greatest food ever. :D
Beware of cutlery. It is violent. And sharp.

Vayne has a good siggy-sense. ;)
Kinslaughterer
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Kinslaughterer »

If you live in the US or Canada you must've seen a Fudge Round before. Its so good I can't do it justice with simple words. Go to the grocery store and find the section with Little Debbie products and you will find fudge rounds.
"We do not follow maps to buried treasure, and remember:X never, ever, marks the spot."

"Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand, a thief, a reaver, a slayer, with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet."

Infelice
Lord

Post by Infelice »

variol son wrote:ummmm, vegemite on hot, buttered toast. (drools profusely all over flatmates new computer).

hey infelice, if ur sendin vegemite u have 2 send tim tams & milo as well. all the necessities.

sum sui generis
Actually VS, I ahave a nice little gift box made up of Vegemite (or Vegicrap as he likes to call it), Milo, Tim Tams ( large family sized pack for whole family) and Lamingtons..the commercial ones that will stay fresher ( but they are not a patch on home made ones). Accompanying said gift box is a letter of instructions on different ways to enjoy these Aussie treats......including detailed instructions on how to enjoy the Tim Tam Slam. :)

KIN!!!!!!! Fudge rounds sound like every chocoholics dream come true!!!!!!!
Kinslaughterer
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Kinslaughterer »

Maybe we could work out some sort of trade...

Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

Kin, I hadn't heard of fudge rounds either, but your Little Debbie pointer shows me where to look.

I looked for vegemite when I was shopping last night with, as expected, no success. Perhaps, Infelice, we could do a trade? If there's something here that interests you. :)
Biff
Giantfriend

Post by Biff »

I hear that Vegimite is great for the libido? Did I hear wrong?
*Biff* - Doing the Wiggles dance.
Infelice
Lord

Post by Infelice »

Kin.... Parcel is on the way!!!!!

Damelon....PM me the necessary details and I'll take care of it for ya. No need to trade, not unless you can think of something that I might particularly like. ;)

Biff....Vegemite is one of the richest sources of Vitaman B complex. I'm not sure if that has a direct influence on libidoes. :)
Kinslaughterer
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Kinslaughterer »

Infelice, I sent your stuff out too. It'll probably be awhile but don't worry they make a nice suprise when you get them.

Reisheiruhime
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Reisheiruhime »

Hmm... I didn't know that we had a barter system going on! :? :) heh.

Didja know that Chewy Granola bars are the work of Satan? 8O Positively disgusting. Worse than this line-

[quote]And the whole pack of you has my permission to sodomize each other repeatedly with splintery sticks.
And the demons took on the ghostly appearance of splintery sticks. Icefalcon looked away, repelled.[/qoute]

Well, err, yeah, worse that that, because that's funny. :)
Biff
Giantfriend

Vegimite

Post by Biff »

Infelice wrote:Biff....Vegemite is one of the richest sources of Vitaman B complex. I'm not sure if that has a direct influence on libidoes. :)
HMMMMMM... Well, I guess I was told wrong... Just goes to show, you cant trust what you hear on the internet...
*Biff* - Doing the Wiggles dance.
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

ive eaten vegemite most of life & if it has affected my lidido, it has been in a very odd way, since my libido is like a rollercoaster. this month is a 'i couldnt care less if sex was outlawed & punishable by death' month.

sum sui generis
You do not hear, and so you cannot be redeemed.

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.

Return to “The Galley”