Book 7 theories - by Miss Ann Elk (ahem)

And the Harry Potter series.

Moderator: Menolly

A Gunslinger
The Gap Into Spam

Post by A Gunslinger »

Does that make me the Shiek of Geek?
"I use my gun whenever kindness fails"

ImageImage
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

HAHAHAHAH!!!! From one fellow DA (Dorkus Amorkus) member to another, yes, Sheik of Geek is a rather fitting title for you my fun Guns.
Now if I could just find a way to wear live bees as jewelry all the time.....

www.fantasybedtimehour.com
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

HEHE.

So, seriously, what does everyone feel about Voldemort being Slytherin's Ancestor? At first, it seemed she said it was a mistake that editing missed, but, then it seemed she had backed away from that claim.

So, if Tom/Voldemort is Slytherin's Ancestor, how does that work? Is it possible Voldemort is, but, Tom isn't meaning that Voldemort is Tom, plus an evil entity from way back possessing him?
I Never Fail To Be Astounded By The Things We Do For Promises - Ronnie James Dio (All The Fools Sailed Away)

Remember, everytime you drag someone through the mud, you're down in the mud with them

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain

Where are we going...and... WHY are we in a handbasket?

Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

Wait just a minute.... Tom Marvolo Riddle is clearly the direct descendant of Salazar Slytherin via Merope Gaunt. Was JKR referring to Tom Riddle Sr?

sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

Jenn Cameraman-Galad wrote:Wait just a minute.... Tom Marvolo Riddle is clearly the direct descendant of Salazar Slytherin via Merope Gaunt. Was JKR referring to Tom Riddle Sr?
Descendent, yes. Ancestor, is something entirely different, and the wrong direction of time flow.

Nah, I don't think she was referring to the Muggle father
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

Gah, brain malfunction AGAIN!!!! You DID say ancestor. Hrmm.... I would like to seriously say that IMHO it's a mistake. I truly hope she doesn't pull some weird reincarnation time travel crap. If she does I am gonna be very pissed off......

sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

Jenn Cameraman-Galad wrote:Gah, brain malfunction AGAIN!!!! You DID say ancestor. Hrmm.... I would like to seriously say that IMHO it's a mistake. I truly hope she doesn't pull some weird reincarnation time travel crap. If she does I am gonna be very pissed off......
It could work out alright, if it's just Voldemort, but, not Tom who is the Ancestor. Salazar was a nice enough guy, and the four got along real well, until Salazar became a creep and he and Godric started fighting. What if Salazar somehow became possessed by one of his ancestors, and that's the reason he became a creep, and that entity has been passed down through the generations, and Tom did some kind of ritual or something, and took on the "possessor" when he renamed him self Voldemort.

Seriously though, I wouldn't be surprised to see time anomalies come back up.
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

Hrmmm....Didn't Harry say that they destroyed all the time turners that night at the Ministry in the hall of mysteries? It would have to be an alternative time travel method. I'll keep your Voldy ancestor thingy in mind while I am re-reading.

sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

And since Nagini is a snake (And Vodelmort suckled from her), and Voldemort is becoming very snake-like, and the family always has been snake-like (Parsel tongue) that's where I wonder if Voldemort might be related to Nagini.

Certainly no ones gonna use a time turner to travel far back in time. Can you imagine if Harry got it into his head to go back with the time turner to prevent his parents from getting killed? How long does it take to turn a time turner 104,832 times (Number of hours in 12 years without considering leap years). Do you have to turn extra turns for the hours you spend turning? Wouldn't it be a bummer to spend all that time turning the thing, and find out you lost count, and are 1 hour too late? And then of course, there would be the return trip to consider too.
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

Damn you SIN!!! I don't WANT time travel. :R

Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

I've spoken about the possibility of Harry's scar being a horcrux on several forums I post on, but no longer remember if Beorn and I came up with that theory together, or if someone else first posted the theory on one of my other forums.

I do think I am the one who brought the theory to the Watch though.
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

Oh, you meant just the scar is a horcrux. That's interesting.

Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

As far as I recall, that's the only physical change Voldemort affected on Harry after he cast the curse.

Does anyone recall if Dumbledore ever said what happens to a horcrux when the person who made it gets close to it? Does it glow or anything? Could that explain why Harry's scar physically hurts him when he's in the vicinity of Voldemort?

I know it also hurts him when Voldemort is excited or angry about something as well. But I think that's two different reasons for the same symptoms.
A Gunslinger
The Gap Into Spam

Post by A Gunslinger »

Menolly wrote:As far as I recall, that's the only physical change Voldemort affected on Harry after he cast the curse.

Does anyone recall if Dumbledore ever said what happens to a horcrux when the person who made it gets close to it? Does it glow or anything? Could that explain why Harry's scar physically hurts him when he's in the vicinity of Voldemort?

I know it also hurts him when Voldemort is excited or angry about something as well. But I think that's two different reasons for the same symptoms.
Yeah...like washing down a over ripe clam with water pulled stright from a pond in Mexico. You'll be puking later...but which one is responsible..the clam or the H2O?

Adding beauty wherever I trod,

Guns

ImageImage
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

Guns, Guns, Guns....deep sigh....

Ok, here's something, Does anyone else wonder why Griffindor's quiddich team is so young? If you do the math based on the rest of the books, when Harry started on the team he was a first year, Fred and George were third years, Angelina Johnson was either a third or fourth year, Oliver Wood was a sixth year. Katie Bell was a second year, and I think Alicia Spinnet was a second or third year.

Also, how come Hagrid pays five knuts for the Daily Prophet (Book 1) and Hermione pays one knut (Book 5)?

A Gunslinger
The Gap Into Spam

Post by A Gunslinger »

Student discount? Perhaps Hagrid is so gullible that the stand sells it to him at five times the rate 'cuz they CAN? Or JKR made (gasp!) a boo-boo?

ImageImage
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

hahaha! It's a boo boo! I just like pointing em out! I'm cruel that way. Or maybe it wasn't a boo boo and the Daily Prophet was ripping Hagrid off because they are predjudiced against half giants!!!! hahahaha!

storm
Giantfriend

Post by storm »

Jenn Cameraman-Galad wrote:Guns, Guns, Guns....deep sigh....

Ok, here's something, Does anyone else wonder why Griffindor's quiddich team is so young? If you do the math based on the rest of the books, when Harry started on the team he was a first year, Fred and George were third years, Angelina Johnson was either a third or fourth year, Oliver Wood was a sixth year. Katie Bell was a second year, and I think Alicia Spinnet was a second or third year.

Also, how come Hagrid pays five knuts for the Daily Prophet (Book 1) and Hermione pays one knut (Book 5)?
Actually...Wood was in his 5th year when Harry started...because he was still there for book 3. By the other teams...I would think that 3rd year is the average for when they start on the house teams. With Fred and George having older brother's who played for their houses, its no surprise they were on the team young.

I never picked up on the knut thing, nice catch.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you're dead.

F.E.M.A. "Ferocious Educational Medical Aptitude" -Esmer

"Honestly; by the end of the Chronicles Lord Foul isn't going to be the Despiser anymore (we all knew he had to come to an end), however I find it vexing that the only reason is because he feels unworthy of the title and resigns to let Linden take his badge, Illearth Stone, and the keys to Linden's Creche."-Revan
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

You are right. I got myself confunded! For some reason I was muddling the Quiddich World Cup encounter with Wood which refers to Wood as the ex captain with the beginning of POA...

Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

Return to “J.K. Rowling Forum”