Zombie Apocalypse - Game thread

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Bernard Black
Ramen

Post by Bernard Black »

As Jove leaned in and her breath stroked his ear like a feather, Bernard considered making an inappropriate remark. One of the political skills he had always sought to cultivate was ill-advised lechery. That's the wine talking...er...thinking, he scolded himself.

Aloud, he replied, "Ah. Gotcha. Right. Well, when we're all set to press on, I'll follow your lead, Captain."

He eyed Western again. And I'll follow you, too. There's no way I'm letting you get behind me...
Oh. Bugger.
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

Frost sleanked along quietly. After all, three years of begging for change, and hacking into gov't files at the public library, he was used to moving around unseen.

"Only this time there's no black-suits after me. Pity really, I like those guys. No sense of humor, but they always gave me a cup of joe."

He'd been in scrapes before; he had a really bad case of flu one time, and was last in line at the free clinic. Covered up in a cardoard box in central park he coughed and shivered and burned the night away. He woke up disoriented, and needing a good drink.

He stumbeled towards the fountain, and dropped to the ground outside his hidey-hole. He had found it about a year ago; an abandoned fruit cellar. Probobly left over from some farmer sap that sold his land to the city boards. "Serves ya right for going along with the Man." He woke up the next morning fine and thanking the gods for watching over him.

"I could use some more of that right about now Odin.....or...uhh....Jesus. Or whoever. Whatever. Whichever. Just get me out of here and somewhere safe. Course I can't leave the kid here. Reminds me of me too much.

Hey Bravo! Yeah! You! Come on, we're out of here. I'll take ya somewhere safe, there's a lot of good hiding behind some of those 'scrapers. I've hid out quite a few city riots and uhh bad decisions of mine there before. What'd'ya say? Onward to the Central Park?"
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

Western lay down on the sad excuse for a bed he had constructed in the corner and tried to get comfortable. He noticed the politician glancing at him somewhat nervously as he headed down to check the barricades and rolled over. Although he was fairly sure that Balck didn't dislike him, he obviously also didn't trust him either. Which wasn't a bad idea - Western didn't trust himself.

After tossing and turning for almost half an hour, Western finally fell asleep only to find himself standing in a dark alley as a curtain of mist-like rain fell from the moon-lit sky.

Another dream. He'd had them all the time when he was a kid but since his senior year in high school they had become very rare, and when he did have one it was always important.

He knew why they'd stopped of course - because he had wanted them to. He was so young, even though he liked to think he was more mature than most. Hell, he probably had been, but no adult would have been ready for what had happened, let alone a 16 year old kid. Blocking the dreams was the only way he knew of protecting his sanity at the time. The only way he knew to survive what had happened to Amy Miller.

What he had done to Amy Miller.

So the dreams had stopped. Every now and then a particularly powerful one would break through the barriers he had built in his mind, but for the most part he was spared.

Unfortunately, tonight obviously wasn't part of "for the most part".

Despite the fact that he hadn't had one of the dreams for well over two years, herecognised this as one of them immediately. It had the same strange clarity that reality seemed to lack. That and the fact that he never had normal dreams. It was this or nothing. Western prefered nothiing.

A strange noise pulled him from his reflections - a noise that sounded like a carcass being dragged slowly across the ground. As he peered down the alleyway, he noticed a shape moving towards him - a large shape. It moved slowly, as if every step was forced out of it's resisting members by a implacable mind. The Abomination.

Western had been ready for this, or as ready as he could be. He been able to feel the damn thing for days - ever since it first started to form from the mass of dead bodies that littered Watch City. What he hadn't prepared for however, was the one particular body that emerged from the crown of the writhing mass of death. Pale and naked, it burst out of the bloody heap crawling towards him with a look of hunger in its eyes.

It was Amy Miller.

He hair was black with mattered blood, her skin the grey hue of old death. Yet her eyes bruned with a cold desire for carnage.

"Look what you did to me Alex. Look what your sick powers have done. I'm a creature of death and blood and ruin, and you made me".

Western knew he had to get out of here, had to wake up, before the memories of what had happened to Amy that were starting to flood back to him broke his mind. He was so afraid that he would have wet himself if this wasn't a dream, yet he held his ground and her gaze. If the last seven years had taught Alex Western anything, it was how to bluff.

"I didn't make anything Amy. You were already rotten to the core. All I did was send you where you belonged. Now if you'll excuse me, I have somewhere else to be." With that Western turned his back on his high school tormentor and began to walk away.

Behind him he heard a shreak of rage and felt the ground shake slightly as the hulking beast began crawling manicly in pursuit. Western quickened his pace slightly and hoped like hell that he'd wake up soon.
You do not hear, and so you cannot be redeemed.

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Turn Seven

Special Events:Flood! Due to the storm that hit Watch City a few days ago, one of the zones has been flooded and all undead have been washed away or destroyed. This occurs in the CBD.

The Creeping Abomination surges into the CBD following the flood - seemingly eager to incorporate the drowned and bloated undead into its hideous, fused mass.

Turn Seven Summary:
Jove Jones drives to the Military Base along with Alex Western and Dr Neville. She defends Alex Western while he investigates. The undead fail to harm her.

Alex Western reaches the Military Base and investigates. He finds a First Aid Kit. The undead fail to harm him.

Bernard Black drives to the Military Base after giving Jove Jones his revolver (and accepting a Nightstick in exchange). He investigates the area and finds an M-16. The undead fail to harm him.

Captain Miles decides to start clearing out the undead and kills ten zombies! He reaches level two. The undead inflict one wound and the soldier is near death!

Jarek Mace moves into the University and finds some Food (unique item!). The vast number of undead swarm him and inflict one wound.

Johnny Bravo finds highground in the flood. When it clear he discovers that all the undead have been destroyed or washed away. However, he soon encounters the Creeping Abomination, which he attacks. He inflicts three wounds on it, but the monstrosity seems to shrug aside the injury - it is too vast: a mountain of flesh. The Abomination fails to inflict any injury.

Jack Frost also escapes the flood and attacks the Creeping Abomination. His flamethrower does not damage this turn (perhaps because the flood has soaked the weapon). The Abomination surges down an alley way and almost engulfs the resourceful hobo. It inflicts one point of damage. Jack is near death!

Joe Marlowe heads off to the Military Base, he investigates the region and finds a Sniper Rifle. The undead fail to harm him.

Special Rewards: Miles, Bernard Black, Western and Jones all receive extra XP for roleplaying. Marlowe receives XP for being unheard. Miles, Jack Frost, Bernard Black, Western and Jones reach experience level 2 and now have 1 point to increase Defense, Attack or Investigate ratings, or to increase the maximum number of hit points.
Last edited by Loredoctor on Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Bernard Black
Ramen

Post by Bernard Black »

In the military base, Bernard Black returned to his car, furtively glancing around to ensure he was clear of undead. Zombies were bad enough - zombie soldiers would be so much worse. He'd played Doom; he knew how niggly and frustrating zombie soldiers could be.

Well, that speech I gave to the troops a while back might have gone down like a lead zombie, but at least the guided tour came in handy. Thank you, Colonel, wherever you are now, for showing me the armory back then.

With some satisfaction, and more than a little nervous discomfort, Black tossed his newly acquired M16 onto the back seat of the car. He couldn't help giggling to himself as he thought about his deal with Jove. Suddenly that revolver seemed a little childish. Well, infinitely more dangerous though the M16 may be, Bernard couldn't help feeling a little like an action hero.

He clambered back into the cramped little car, and locked the doors. The others should be arriving any time now, in Officer Jones' police car...
Oh. Bugger.
Mistress Cathy
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Mistress Cathy »

Jove was feeling better now. The sleep she got the night before had helped. The doctor had done a good job on her wounds and the zombie population had been handled.

Alex had found another first aid kit. That was good, we would need that. Black had found another rifle. That was good too. We would need all the weapons we could get our hands on.

Jove rolled her eyes when she saw Black bounce into the back of the police unit. She could see him mentally rubbing his hands together like a child who had a secret.

What Black had was a dangerous weapon and since he did not know how to use it, as he had stated before with the revolver, he was probably more likely to kill himself than any zombie.

It was up to Jove to teach him how to handle a gun.

She strode over to the police unit and knocked on the window to get Black's attention.

"Open up."

Black cracked the window open an inch.

"Let me teach you how to handle that weapon so you don't kill yourself or one of us."
Bernard Black
Ramen

Post by Bernard Black »

Black sighed as Jove walked up to his car. He should never have let her have the revolver. Now she was gun-happy and after his M16. Yes, he had no idea how to use it, and would have been quite happy to say so as he had with the revolver, but just assuming he'd need help with it was an affront to his fragile pride.

When Jove ordered him to open the window, Black allowed a mere inch or so. He had to take his victories where he could get them.
Jove wrote:"Let me teach you how to handle that weapon so you don't kill yourself or one of us."
"I'm perfectly capable of handling my weapon, thank you. I've been fiddling with it since I found it--"

He paused. Sighed.

"Oh, hell. You get one revolver and think you're the boss? Look, I found the damn thing, and I'll use it however I see fit. Maybe I'll shoot him," he gestured brusquely across at Jove's car, intending to indicate Alex Western. "He has some kind of weird thing going on with these zombies. They leave him alone, right? Why? Maybe he is one."

Jove may have been about to say something else, but Black closed the window and let his head fall against the steering wheel.

"Ohhhh..." he groaned. "....bugger....."
Oh. Bugger.
Mistress Cathy
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Mistress Cathy »

Child care!

She protects this guy against the zombies and this is how she is repaid! With distrust and threats.

"Black," Jove said loud enough for Bernard to hear, "I don't need your gun! You wanted my help and I am trying to give it to you so you don't kill yourself, dammit!"

Jove stood there with her fists on her hips and gave him a hard look. "You insisted on joining us, remember?"
Bernard Black
Ramen

Post by Bernard Black »

Logic. Reason. Common sense. Damn it, how was he supposed to argue with that?!

"Fine! Fine!" he yelled, without raising his head from the steering wheel. "Alright! You win! I'm coming out."

Black shoved open the door and climbed grumpily out of the car. He had never felt more like a petulant child, even when he was one. The way Jove looked at him reminded him of Bernardette; that kind of 'Very Good Bernard, Now Get On With It' look. He grabbed the rifle from the back seat and stood scowling at Jove. "I still think I should shoot that creepy fella."

Wouldn't hit him though, his inner voice mocked. Oh shut up and get me a drink, he retorted. A hangover was starting to make its presence known, and what Bernard needed now was a hair of the dog. Even an actual hair of an actual dog, if it might help. Bernard's hangovers were like childbirth in the head.
Oh. Bugger.
Mistress Cathy
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Mistress Cathy »

"I still think I should shoot that creepy fella."
Jove grabbed Black and twisted his arm behind his back, planted Black face down on the ground with her knee in his back, and the revolver barrel firmly against his temple. The rifle dropped out of Black's hand and skidded away from them.

"Listen, you pussy," Jove hissed in anger, "that is twice you have threatened another member of our group." She twisted his arm further up his back to make herself clear. "I am not going to let you do that."

STill holding the revolver on Black, Jove release him, stood up and went over to the rifle and picked it up. She re-holstered the revolver.

"I am taking this from you because it is dangerous in your hands. We helped you and this is how you repay us."

"Get out of here."
Warmark
Lord

Post by Warmark »

Yo! Hobo! Central park is Crawling with undead. I'll take my chances here i think! You'd do well to do the same!
But if you're all about the destination, then take a fucking flight.
We're going nowhere slowly, but we're seeing all the sights.
And we're definitely going to hell, but we'll have all the best stories to tell.

Full of the heavens and time.
Bernard Black
Ramen

Post by Bernard Black »

Black glared and rubbed at the asphalt scrape on his cheek. Yep, definitely like Bernardette.

"I'm not gonna try and convince you otherwise. If you want me gone, you can make it happen with or without my co-operation, that's obvious. But give me the gun back. If I'm on my own out there, I need something to fight them with. My wit and boyish good looks aren't a lot of use against the undead."

He hissed a terse sigh through his teeth, trying to pre-empt Jove's next protest.

"No, I won't use it on anyone here. I wouldn't have shot that weird guy; he just freaks me out a bit. If you let me have the rifle back, I'll just take off. If not...well, you'll have to drive me out by force. Not that I don't think you can, but I won't make it easy for you."
Oh. Bugger.
Mistress Cathy
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Mistress Cathy »

"I'm not gonna try and convince you otherwise. If you want me gone, you make it happen with or without my co-operation, that's obvious. But give me the gun back. If I'm on my own out there, I need something to fight them with. My wit and boyish good looks aren't a lot of use against the undead."

"No, I won't use it on anyone here. I wouldn't have shot that weird guy; he just freaks me out a bit. If you let me have the rifle back, I'll just take off. If not...well, you'll have to drive me out by force. Not that I don't think you can, but I won't make it easy for you."
"You have the nightstick," Jove replied. "It was what you wanted, what you bargained for. If you want me to 'force' you out, that I can easily do."

Jove pulled out the revolver again and pointed it at Black's. Her gaze was very focused and committed, her nerves of steel kicking in and her mark sure.

"I will not hesitate to kill you, Mr. Black. You have proven to be an unstable person and a detriment to the safety of the rest of us. I do not want to kill you, Black, but I will if you force me."

Jove paused. "My only regret will be that I will probably have to kill you twice because you will be a zombie."
Bernard Black
Ramen

Post by Bernard Black »

Black bared his teeth in a reflexive expression of animal defensiveness that would have looked comical on his features, were it not for the bloody graze on his cheek and the bandaged wounds about his person.

After a moment, he forced a shrug. There was nothing he could do here. Jove was right: she could kill him in a second. He had tried a bluff and, as so often during his campaigns, failed. He wasn't about to risk life and limb defying an armed police officer over a matter of pride. Particularly one so fond of charging around like she owns the city, he spat in his thoughts, but his heart wasn't in it.

He turned away and stalked back to the car. That, at least, was still his. And since Jones had one of her own, presumably she wouldn't try to take it from him. Though I wouldn't be surprised if she took it just for kicks. Rub a bit more salt in old Bernard's wounds. The police never change, he decided. Protectors of the public, but only when it's convenient and they're in a good mood.

He slumped into the driver's seat, revved the engine a little, and drove around the corner, just out of sight of the others, where he then stopped and rested his head on the wheel again.

"Oh bugger!" he repeated, this time with more feeling.

He consoled himself with the thought that he would no longer have to worry about the concealed motives of Alex Western. And there's still that man from the stadium; he should be here, sooner or later. Hell, there might even be some soldiers holed up somewhere in the base. Adopting the poker face that had failed to win him so many games, Bernard Black exited the car once more and set off towards something he took to be a barracks building. Or maybe a kitchen. He hadn't paid attention on that part of the tour. Well, here goes.
Oh. Bugger.
Mistress Cathy
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Mistress Cathy »

Jove watched Black slump back to his little car and drive away.

She was sorry that he had to go but this was life and death - not a game.

But she did not linger too long on Black. She had bigger fish to fry. The military base did not have that many zombies and she had heard of other people on the base.

They had work to do....
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

:EDIT:

"Shit! Now where are we going to go!?"

Frost looked at his options. The hospital looked..erm..clearish from here. But this kid was right, central park was crawling. As was everything else. And worst of all, he had no idea where anyone else was! That dude at the military base is probobly wasted by now, and he hadn't seen the Senetor since he dashed into the park.

Worst of all, the Mother Blob has invaded the only place he thought he was secure!

"Damn. Toasty's toasted Bravo. Got any bright ideas? I mean, everything's filled with Z-Dudes, except the hospital. And we can't exactally stay here ca...."

Frost jumped quickly out of the way of another frickin' swipe by the Mother Blob.

"Damn! It's getting BIGGER! Let's get out of here, man! To the hospital!"

"And I'm not a hobo! I'm a starving protester, Okay? :biggrin: Actually, what'd'ya say we stick together you and I? We'll have way better chances that way. And if it doesn't work out, feel free to leave, yeah? What'd'ya say?"

Frost started towards the hospital.
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Huddled in the a corner of the supply room, Miles clutches at the wound given by a zombie he let get too close. Gun aimed at the door, he waits for the next wave to come, his only hope to hold them off as long as he can.
Outside, he can hear them moving...
Bernard Black
Ramen

Post by Bernard Black »

Leaning tiredly on his car and longing for even swig of beer to help dull the expanding clump of thistles inside his head, Bernard cursed his misfortune. Having ventured into the likely-looking building, he'd encountered nothing but zombified chefs. He really hadn't fancied trying their dubious 'dishes', and only barely manage to escape before being spotted.

So what now? With the unappealing prospect of bumping into Jove Jones hanging over his head as long as he lingered in the base, he thought it best to turn his attention elsewhere. Without training, weapons were of minimal use to Bernard, so continuing to ransack the base seemed relatively pointless. So what might he conceivably need?

Aha. He had essentially two means of survival alone: combat and sustenance. He had proven himself all but useless at the former, so that left the latter. And where might a survivor find a way to sustain himself?

Black moved to the driver's door, paused, then picked up a jagged pebble. He had lost his alliance with Jove, Neville and the ominous Western, but the mysterious man from the loudspeakers was meant to be here at some point, and who could know who else might pass by? Black took his pebble to the coarse wall beside the car, and somewhat laboriously scratched crude, angular shapes in white pebble residue. After a moment, he stepped back to assess his efforts. It'll probably wash off in the next light rain shower, but it'll have to do.

Black returned to the car, clambered in and began to maneouvre cautiously between the military buildings. In the rear-view mirror, he could just barely make out the two-foot high letters scratched faintly on the wall: SURVIVOR HOSPITAL
Oh. Bugger.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Turn Eight

Special Events: Another severe storm hits Watch City. Visibility is reduced so no character can move more than one zone this turn.

The Creeping Abomination heaves its gigantic mass into the Police District. On its way it devours everything its path, including other undead.

Turn Eight Summary:
Jarek Mace moves stealthily into the CBD and investigates. He successfully avoids being seen by the undead. However, the criminal fails to find anything useful.

Jack Frost investigates the CBD and finds a Torch.

Alex Western attacks the undead in the Military Base. He kills four zombies with the Revolver Jones gave him. The undead fail to harm him.

Jove Jones attacks the undead in the Military Base. She kills eight zombies. She is swarmed by undead and loses one hit point.

Captain Miles hides in one of the facilities in the Military Base and successfully barricades himself from harm.

Joe Marlowe hoists the Lawnmower onto his shoulders and rushes at a swarm of undead, using the item to shred undead. However, he is too slow and fails to injure any. No undead injure him.

Johnny Bravo rushes to a safe location in the CBD - a penthouse apartment, but fails to barricade himself against attack. However, since the Creeping Abomination crawls away into the Police district, it makes no difference. No undead attack him.

Bernard Black leaves the Military Base for the Hospital, but the storm forces him to stop at the industrial zone. In an attempt to appear that this was planned, he gets out of his car and states to the undead he's going on a routine environmental standards inspection. He investigates the rusting area and finds Defense Equipment. He narrowly escapes being overrun by nearly a hundred zombies!
Last edited by Loredoctor on Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

Hmmm.... looks like the Bravo kid was right! Now all we need to do is barricade ourselves into a likely building. The mother blob took care of all our dead bodies, and the storm took care of our living-dead bodies.

"Hey Bravo? You know how to drive? Let's park a car in front of the entrance way of that office. Make ourselves a nice little homey-home."

Return to “Zombie Apocalypse”