Zombie Apocalypse - Game thread

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Bernard Black
Ramen

Post by Bernard Black »

Out of character:
Loremaster wrote:Turn Eight Summary:
Bernard Black leaves the Military Base for the Hospital, but the storm forces him to stop at the industrial zone. In an attempt to appear that this was planned, he gets out of his car and states to the undead he's going on a routine environmental standards inspection.
:haha: Great stuff!

Also out of character: Credit goes to Loremaster for inspiring Bernard to feel it's all a game. ;)
Oh. Bugger.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Bernard Black wrote:Also out of character: Credit goes to Loremaster for inspiring Bernard to feel it's all a game. ;)
;) :lol:
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

"Alright, alright," he muttered. "You go on ahead. I'm going to have one more look around for those people I heard, then I'll catch up with you. Whatever happens, just head for the hospital, I'll meet you there--hopefully with help."
Erkirithi-Sha
Ramen

Post by Erkirithi-Sha »

"Good luck, mate. See-ya there, yeah?"

Poor bugger. Bleedin' like a sieve. Probably won't make it out of the base on his own.

Marlowe dashed off, wasting no more time. The dead were ever hungry. Slinging the sniper rifle, and pushing the mower in front of him, he ran with full speed to the Bay area. It would be good to smell the ocean again. This base reeked too much of rotting carcasses. Rotting carcasses which moved . . .
Father Stoobins
Stonedownor

Post by Father Stoobins »

Hm.... where have I seen this dude before? Under the bridge? Nah. He walks too un-hunched like.

The park? No I got it. He's got to be from one of the Industrial regions. He's got the mask of breaking-stuff on. Must have spotted him B&Eing somewhere.

"Mace! Right? Yeah, I've seen you around the city. Glad to see you made it! I thought you might have had the right stuff. So.....

You hanging around here?

Cause, if not....umm.... I'd sort of like you too. It's bad out there Mace. Real bad. The kid and I are setting up here, and with three, it'll be that much easier. Plus with you and me we've gopt prtty much the whole city pasted to our minds. That includes safehouses. *grin*

So, what's the verdict?"
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book. Grouch Marx
Iblis
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Iblis »

Mace shakes his head "Not so fast man."

"Read this first, " he tells the so-called hobo, passing him a grubby note.

"Then tell me what your verdict is."

Mace stands poised to melt away into the now seemingly ever-present shadows, and watches keenly while the hobo unfolds the piece of paper with a puzzled frown on his face.

Frost looks up, an unreadable expression on his face, and opens his mouth...
Now because You have led me astray, I shall surely sit in ambush for them on Your straight path.

Father Stoobins
Stonedownor

Well THIS certainly was a decidedly strange turn of events...

Frost VERY carefully ran through his options.

Not many to be decided really yes and we live. No and our chances of dying are ramped up greatly...

"That's fine with me, my man. Not my problem, or my concern. It sounds good to me. S'okay if I share this with Bravo? Seeing as how he'll be part of our rag-tag clan here."
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book. Grouch Marx
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Turn Nine

Special Events:Survivors! It appears that more people have survived the catastrophe. Even though society is falling into anarchy and ruin, people still strive for a better future. However, they have eked out an existence by hiding amid the ruins, and are too afraid to come out. Thus, they are drawn to the more accomplished. Every character is allowed a second roll to see if they earn a follower.

The Creeping Abomination draws bodies into itself and fuses them into its vast mass. It has healed the damage done to it and then surges into the Central Park, seemingly eager to increase its size by assimilating corpses and undead. Parts of its body seethe, as though it is changing inside. At one point, a limb made of bodies is formed, suggesting that the horror may be attempting to become more mobile or destructive.

Turn Nine Summary:
Jack Frost burns his way through the central business district, destroying nine undead. He earns a follower. The undead fail to reach him.

Captain Miles draws upon his night-time training and sneaks through the military base during the twilight. He fails to find anything useful, however he avoids attack from the undead. He finds a survivor. He encounters around twenty undead, who swarm him. In the fight, he loses a hit point but the survivor he rescued sacrifices herself to save him.

Jove Jones drives her police car to the Bay. She investigates the wide front of shops, houses and beaches but fails to find anything of use. She is completely healed by Alex Western.

Alex Western travels with the police officer, and investigates along with her. He finds a Revolver. Alex finds two followers!

Jarek Mace keeps to the shadows - a skill he has mastered in the criminal underworld - and investigates the empty shops and offices of the CBD. He fails to find anything of use, and the undead fail to find him.

Bernard Black drives to the Hospital from the Western Industrial Zone, eager to find out if the hospital has enough beds for its increased population (after all, he has voters to consider). When he reaches the large facility he discovers that the patients are all rather annoyed, and rather undead. To clear the way for living patients, he begins shooting the zombies. He manages to kill four zombies. He encounters one of the people who voted for him last election, who is eager to help him out. The large number of shambling undead fail to reach him.

Joe Marlowe escapes the swarm of undead lurking in the Military Base and reaches the Bay by nightfall. Before he finds a place to eat and sleep, he investigates. He finds Food. The resourceful mechanic finds a survivor.

Johnny Bravo leaves his safe house and investigates some offices. He finds a Revolver. The athlete is armed and dangerous! He finds a fan/survivor. The undead fail to harm him.

Special Rewards: Every character earns XP for excellent roleplaying!
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Iblis
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Iblis »

Jack Frost wrote:"That's fine with me, my man. Not my problem, or my concern. It sounds good to me. S'okay if I share this with Bravo? Seeing as how he'll be part of our rag-tag clan here."
"Go ahead," Mace said. "A Clan it is, such as it is. Good to have the two of you on board."

He glances round the still deepening shadows. "Let's put that knowledge to good use and find a hide-out to use as a base here in the CBD.

Then we can discuss our plans in private."

He grins maliciously at the thought, and fades away to let the hobo pick up his buddy.
Now because You have led me astray, I shall surely sit in ambush for them on Your straight path.

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Lawson.
He looked back as he ran: a pale arm reached across the ground towards him; body hidden behind a mass of writhing forms. Sounds of feeding frenzy.
He'd found her in the barracks. Crawled under her bunk and lain there, weeping. Impossibly, while the rest of the base had fallen, the undead had missed her.
If I'd left her...
Panting, he reached the edge of the ground and ducked behind a wall. They seemed preoccupied enough, for now.
She could have waited it out. Might have made it.
Spotted before the undead attacked: tyre tracks in the dirt. Heading north.
Checked over his gear one more time, tightened his bandages. Forced himself to take one more look back out there: what was left entirely hidden now.
I'm not worth saving.
Clutching his weapon, Miles set out toward the Bay.
Warmark
Lord

Post by Warmark »

Jarek Mace wrote:
Jack Frost wrote:"That's fine with me, my man. Not my problem, or my concern. It sounds good to me. S'okay if I share this with Bravo? Seeing as how he'll be part of our rag-tag clan here."
"Go ahead," Mace said. "A Clan it is, such as it is. Good to have the two of you on board."

He glances round the still deepening shadows. "Let's put that knowledge to good use and find a hide-out to use as a base here in the CBD.

Then we can discuss our plans in private."

He grins maliciously at the thought, and fades away to let the hobo pick up his buddy.
I wonder whats on that paper

Yo!Guys I found me a Revolver! Wait up!
But if you're all about the destination, then take a fucking flight.
We're going nowhere slowly, but we're seeing all the sights.
And we're definitely going to hell, but we'll have all the best stories to tell.

Full of the heavens and time.
Erkirithi-Sha
Ramen

Post by Erkirithi-Sha »

The Bay breeze kissed Marlowe's face, wafting the smell of death and blood from his nostrils. To be back on a ship, with nothing but the blue of the sea melting into the horizon . . . But there were dead on most boats now - just like the one I took into Watch City. Last survivor. All other crew at the bottom of the sea. Dead for good now. Suddenly, the salt air didn't smell all that great anymore.

A portly middle-aged drunk in shorts and a panama hat pushed Marlowe's mower along for him. The guy seemed next to useless. He'd found him holding out in a boarding house, just waiting for the dead to overrun him. Still, another set of arms and legs could always be useful.

A squad car, down the street, was heading right their way. Marlowe could hardly believe it. Cops! It looked as if there were a few stuffed in there. Marlowe smiled and waved for the patrol to see him. He slapped the drunk on the back. "Come on, cobber . . . look alive me son! It's the boys in bloody blue!"

"HEY!" Marlowe cried. "PULL UP! OVER HERE!"
Father Stoobins
Stonedownor

Stevenson! I can't believe another one of the Park 15 made it out! Me and him made some of the best cardboard houses you can imagine! Almost beats out the real thing!

"HEY! Stevenson! 'the hell did you get here!?

Nah, it don't matter man! Stick with me! I'll get'ch'ya out'a here!"

Frost turned to the kid. I wonder if he's up to this?
"Hey Bravo! C'mere kid! Me and Mace got a proposal. Read this, huh?"

Frost handed him the note, fully prepared for an outburst when Bravo raised his head and....
Iblis
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Iblis »

Mace watched from the cover of a nearby building, eager to hear the athletes reply, and ready to slip away if he didn't like it.

Warmark
Lord

Post by Warmark »

I'm In

He saw Mace watching him, he wasnt so stealth as he thought. :P

Welcome to the Clan.

He glanced about, it was too quiet, time to take shelter methinks.
But if you're all about the destination, then take a fucking flight.
We're going nowhere slowly, but we're seeing all the sights.
And we're definitely going to hell, but we'll have all the best stories to tell.

Full of the heavens and time.
Iblis
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Iblis »

"Good to have you aboard my friend." :D "This city will never be the same again." ;)

"By the way...I wantedyou to know I was there." ;)

"Let's go."

Watching warily in all directions, the three of them melted away, heading deeper into the CBD.

Bernard Black
Ramen

Post by Bernard Black »

The door was stuck. Of all the doors in the hospital, Bernard had to try the one that was stuck. He turned slowly, resignedly, to face the corridor and the advancing swarm of undead. With another of the sighs he found himself heaving all too often now, he leaned his back against the door.

Alright. Gun time.

Jove would have laughed, he supposed, at the sight of Bernard Black cornered by zombies, trying to defend himself with a gun.

But I must be able to hit them. Surely. No-one can be so unfeasibly pathetic that they can't hit even a couple of zombies with a revolver.

He leaned there, watching the living dead approaching; some of the smaller ones, presumably children, were scuttling on all fours in a grotesquely insectile fashion. Most, though, were shambling along, dragging their feet like a pack of wizened geriatrics who'd just blown the whole week's pension money on absinthe.

Drunk.

The analogy of inebriated pensioners flung that one word at Bernard's foundering brain cells.

Drunk.

There it was again. That word. Yes, they look like a bunch of pissed-up old gits. What's your point? With an almost audible click, the penny dropped, and kept on dropping for what seemed an age, before clattering to rest inside Bernard's skull.

Drunk?

As Bernard finally caught onto his brain's hints, the hip flask in his breast pocket seemed to throb with potential.

At last, Bernard's brain said to him, rolling its imaginary eyes. Shut up, he retorted to himself.

Dragging himself fully upright once more, Bernard slowly reached to his breast pocket and withdrew the flask. Why slowly, he couldn't have said. Hurriedly would have made more sense, given that the undead were only yards away, and Bernard had his back to the only door within reach - and a locked one, at that. Still, the act of reaching for the flask seemed so momentous that he could perform it only with great gravitas and little speed. The flask, unstoppered now, meandered up to Bernard's lips, and he swallowed the remaining - Gah! Strawberry flavoured! - contents in a few mighty gulps.

He paused for an endless minute and let the hazy warmth of the alcohol spread through his skull and nerves. His resigned despair gradually faded to blankness, and his fear was replaced by a bitter, wry amusement at his predicament. Dying embers of ingrained belligerence suddenly flared, stoked by the alcohol.

Right then. Let's give this a go. He raised the revolver and pointed it at the mass of shambling forms. Can't be any harder than bingo, and I was damn good at that.

Am,
he corrected himself. I am damn good at bingo.

Almost unknown to Bernard, he began vaguely humming Motorhead's Ace of Spades.

If you like to gamble...

BLAM!

A spray of blood the colour of tinned plum tomatoes, and a zombie fell to the unhygienically sticky floor, where it remained, held by the accumulated residue of decades of spilled medical fluids and urine.

...win some, lose some, it's all the same to me...

BLAM!

Another tumbling body, decayed limbs flailing, tangling with the legs of those behind.

...the ACE of SPADES! The ACE of SPADES!...

See? Just like bingo, Bernard smiled. The onrushing flood of undead was stumbling to a halt now, tripping over the fallen, sticking to the grimy floor. Never had cutting corners in healthcare seemed so worthwhile.

Two more managed to fight past the writhing mass on the floor, and lunged at Bernard.

"Two little ducks..." he snarled aloud as he levelled the gun again. "...Sorry, two little zombies, TWENTY TWO!"

Two shots in quick succession, and the corpses dropped like... Well...like slightly better behaved corpses, I suppose.

Bernard grinned the ferocious grin of a bitter and resentful man who has finally managed to get the fly into someone else's soup for a change. He raised the gun overhead like a trophy.

"And that's BINGO!"
Oh. Bugger.
Bernard Black
Ramen

Post by Bernard Black »

Still on a high from the combination of adrenaline and alcohol, Bernard - or Black the Slayer, as he now dubbed himself - whirled to the jammed door, very deliberately raised his right foot, and planted a hefty kick squarely in the centre.

By the time the throbbing in his foot had eased slightly, the adrenaline rush had dwindled and Black the Limping Slayer decided to try the more obvious course. He raised the revolver and aimed as steadily as he could through his booze-fogged eyes. "Wait!" the door cried.

"Oh, stop whining," Bernard slurred. "If you weren't locked, I wouldn't have to--" He realised he was talking to a door, and pulled the trigger.

There was a gruff yelp of pain as the bullet grazed the thigh of the ragged old man who had just opened the door. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING, YOU LUNATIC?!" the old man bellowed.

"Oh. You're...a person, eh? Hm. That explains the change of colour. Doors generally aren't known for their chameleonic properties. I thought it was just my eyes playing...you know...stuff..." Bernard waved his hand in front of his face to illustrate his alcohol-addled vision, then stopped and marvelled that he'd just managed to say 'chameleonic'.

"YOU DESPICABLE--" the old man began, waving his fists frantically like a living cartoon, then stopped. "Wait a minute... You're that fella. Black. You gave me a leaflet a couple of years back, something about providing accommodation for the homeless if I voted for you."

The old man squinted and his mouth convulsed into a grimace.

"You didn't though, did you? I STILL FEEL PRETTY GODDAMN HOMELESS, YOU BIG PRANCING MONKEY!"

Bernard glared, possibly at the old man. He couldn't be certain. Not that it really mattered; pretty much everything was deserving of a good glare, he felt pretty sure.

"Look, if you're still homeless, it's 'cause you didn't vote enough. Bet you only cast one vote. If you...if you...er......... Oh! If you want something done, you need to vote at least...five...five times. Oh yes."

Hmm. That strawberry liquor's strong stuff.

The old man muttered to himself for several minutes, while Bernard swayed contentedly. "Listen up!" the man said abruptly. "I can't vote! I'm HOMELESS! No wonder you never got into office." He grimaced again, then continued. "Still, at least you thought about us. No-one else did. Better than nothing." He peered past Bernard. "Looks like you took a few of them down. Not bad. Alright. Let's shut this door." He shoved the door closed and wedged a blurry blob under the handle.

Bernard dragged himself out of his reverie and quickly made a decision. "Look, old man--"

"Max."

"Okay, okay, okay...o.....er..... Right, Max. It's like this. We're better off together than alone. I've got a gun and a car, and you've got...a smell and several diseases. I've had enough of wandering around on my own. What do you say?"

Max squinted again, then scowled. Or smiled. It was hard to tell which. "You tried to do us a favour, Mr Black, and that makes you alright by me. The gun helps too. And you stink of booze. Ha! You're practically a hobo yourself! Yeah, I'll stick with you, boy."

Bernard and his new ally crossed in their respective stumbles to the window and peered down at the street three storeys below. It looked like a busy day, maybe pre-Christmas levels of busy-ness. Of course, the difference now was that the crowds were all decomposing corpses, and the bargains they hunted were of the 'eat dad, get the rest of the family free' variety. The elevated perspective made Bernard faintly dizzy; this, combined with the extreme dizziness already provided by the alcohol, brought him to a nauseating state of vertigo. Within moments, the zombie heads below were coated in something Bernard refused to accept responsibility for.

He turned unsteadily to Max. "Just answer me something before I pass out."

Max nodded, then shook his head disapprovingly at Bernard's condition, then realised this could be confusing and nodded again. Giving up, he made a fresh start and said "Ask."

Bernard frowned in concentration. "Why...the hell...are all the survivors hobos?! The apocalypse comes, and the only ones who don't get eaten are the bloody bums." He thought for a moment, trying to ignore the imagery conjured by the last sentence. "Maybe it's the taste......"

With that off his chest, Bernard sagged to the floor and passed out. After a moment's hesitation, Max lay down next to him and went to sleep, laying his arm protectively across Bernard's chest.
Last edited by Bernard Black on Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oh. Bugger.
Mistress Cathy
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Mistress Cathy »

A squad car, down the street, was heading right their way. Marlowe could hardly believe it. Cops! It looked as if there were a few stuffed in there. Marlowe smiled and waved for the patrol to see him. He slapped the drunk on the back. "Come on, cobber . . . look alive me son! It's the boys in bloody blue!"
Jove saw them clearly. She hoped they were useful - and sane - unlike some others that she had come across. She wasn't sure there would be room in the squad car for all of them.

What was that guy pushing.....? A lawnmower? What the hell?

Alex had found a couple of other survivors and they had all packed into the car and made their way to the bay. The sea air had cleared her head and Jove was able to breath easily for the first time in weeks. She had always loved the ocean.

She slowed the car and pulled up by the two men. A quick glance told her that they were human and unharmed. Jove could sense that the man with the lawnmower had seen some ugly things. It was in his eyes - a somewhat haunted look.

"It may be a tight squeeze but I think we can all fit." Jove looked down at the lawnmower. "What do you do with that?"
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Turn Ten

Special Events: Jove Jone's police car breaks down. It will be removed from the game (use) until a mechanic repairs the engine.

The Creeping Abomination moves into Bunker C. It appears to be growing limbs out of fused bodies.

Turn Ten Summary:
Bernard Black decides to become the Minister of Kicking Ass and attacks the undead in the Hospital. Unsurprisingly, he fails to kill a single zombie. He finds a follower, however. Over fifty zombies burst into a post-surgery ward and attack him. They kill the survivor he just finds, forcing the politician to flee.

Jove Jones searches the waterfront. She discovers sewers where she can hide this turn. She finds a follower.

Alex Western investigates, as well, and finds a Crowbar.

Joe Marlowe joins Western and Jones in searching the wide waterfront, and finds an Expensive Suit.

Johnny Bravo sneaks into the Hospital and investigates the many wards. He finds a Medical Manual, which he reads. He learns enough to reach level two! He discovers a follower. The undead fail to reach him.

Jarek Mace stealthily enters the Hospital and searches with the Athlete. He also finds a Medical Manual, and educates himself. He also reaches level two! He encounters a large horde of undead, who attack him, and he loses a hit point. The criminal is near death!

Jack Frost remains behind in the CBD and patrols the streets and alleyways, burning any undead he finds. He burns eight zombies. The few zombies walking the streets fail to find him.

Captain Miles leaves the Military Base for the Docks, and along the way he investigates the Bay. He finds a Torch. The undead in the Docks fail to find the soldier.

Special Rewards:Johnny Bravo and Jarek Mace reach experience level 2 and now have 1 point to increase Defense, Attack or Investigate ratings, or to increase the maximum number of hit points.
Last edited by Loredoctor on Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Zombie Apocalypse”