The order of the Phoenix

And the Harry Potter series.

Moderator: Menolly

Foamfollower1013
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Foamfollower1013 »

Alibran wrote:
Spoiler
When Sirius fell through the arch, as far as we know, he wasn't dead. (I mainly believe this because Bellatrix Lestrange doesn't tend to kill people outright, and he still appeared to be conscious when he fell through.) So, what happens if someone crosses through the arch into the world of the dead without actually dying? Maybe no-one's done it before, so Dumbledore's assuming he's dead so as not to give Harry false hope. Or maybe people have gone through before and not come back, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's impossible to come back. You may gather I'm very fond of Sirius, and I really don't want him to be dead.
Spoiler
I love Sirius, too, but I think it would be pretty cheap if he turned out not to be dead. It would feel like JKR was teasing us: "Sirius is dead! No, wait, I was just kidding! He's not dead, he's just been hiding behind the veil all this time!" Although I don't want Sirius to be dead, now that he is dead I hope he stays dead.

I do, however, hope that Harry will find some way to communicate with him. Too bad he broke that mirror...
~Foamy~
Furls Fire
Lord

Post by Furls Fire »

JKR has said repeatedly that once someone is dead, they will remain dead. I don't see "this person" coming back.
And I believe in you
altho you never asked me too
I will remember you
and what life put you thru.

~fly fly little wing, fly where only angels sing~

~this world was never meant for one as beautiful as you~

...for then I could fly away and be at rest. Sweet rest, Mom. We all love and miss you.

Image Image
Tenara
Stonedownor

Post by Tenara »

Like I said, it's probably just wishful thinking on my part, but it seems a shame and a very strange thing for a writer to do to kill off such an interesting character who still has so much potential within the story. But maybe JKR didn't see this particular character that way.
Furls Fire
Lord

Post by Furls Fire »

I agree with you. I was very upset when I found out it was HIM that was killed off. Poor Harry :(
And I believe in you
altho you never asked me too
I will remember you
and what life put you thru.

~fly fly little wing, fly where only angels sing~

~this world was never meant for one as beautiful as you~

...for then I could fly away and be at rest. Sweet rest, Mom. We all love and miss you.

Image Image
Ylva Kresh
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Ylva Kresh »

But surely Harry is not allowed to be happy (at least not if she tries to make a TC out of him :P ).
SLATFATF...
Foamfollower1013
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Foamfollower1013 »

Harry is a far cry from Covenant. Which is probably a good thing - one Covenant is enough! :lol:

~Foamy~

Return to “J.K. Rowling Forum”