Pantheon Map and General Eiran Territorial Discussion

Moderator: Xar

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Okay, that leaves Aldastrian, Darkmoon, Hope, The Necropolis. Are these the ones that were destroyed, then?
Bhakti
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Bhakti »

Balon wrote:
Nor Yekith wrote:I take it there will be some sort of agreement over the placement of settlements and cities on this new continent? And the limitations therein. Further, what if I or Argothoth wanted to build an outpost there, would that be permitted?
Well, I'm sure it allowed, because a small colony of my people have been sent over to set up a coastal town. :D
Murrin wrote:I think what Nor means is, would people get upset if he or his allies tried to expand into this new territory, after having been pushed into agreements that kept them from taking land on Landir or Olaern.
Those of us on Landir have never attempted to take land on Khenstorn. I don't see that expecting to not be invaded again should be called "pushing."

As for the new lands, I cannot see a reason why any deity should be excluded from making settlements there. The problem there is the same as it is here: our lands being molested by another deity.
I am the self-fulfilling prophecy. Give love, and you WILL receive love. Let your every answer, your every action and reaction, your every desire, be rooted in love.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Bhakti wrote:Those of us on Landir have never attempted to take land on Khenstorn. I don't see that expecting to not be invaded again should be called "pushing."
You see, that's the thing. Nor had to make agreements not to even take unclaimed land outside his borders because of these attitudes toward him.
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

IMOO, I got no problem with nor taking unclaimed land. As a player I have no problem with him taking claimed land. As long as he, as a player, understands that my character would fight back.

As a player though? I got no problems.
Last edited by balon! on Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
Bhakti
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Bhakti »

Murrin wrote:
Bhakti wrote:Those of us on Landir have never attempted to take land on Khenstorn. I don't see that expecting to not be invaded again should be called "pushing."
You see, that's the thing. Nor had to make agreements not to even take unclaimed land outside his borders because of these attitudes toward him.
Incorrect. He fully earned these attitudes toward him. He had to make agreements because he had already invaded Shakari and my surrounding villages and kidnapped some of my followers' children, and I shined a big spotlight on the incident. I cannot imagine what kind of compensation he would demand from any of us who did that to him. (His other actions against me came after he secluded himself, so I won't list them here.) I couldn't care less where he is, as long as he leaves me alone. Unfortunately, he has repeatedly announced that he won't leave me alone. And he hasn't. And now he has threatened to mutate Shakari and my people, and crack the world. (Not that I suspect the worldwide earthquake that came immediately after that threat and his ":twisted:" was his doing.) And he has a huge army and navy, to protect himself from an invasion from me.

Please. Let him have any unclaimed land he can get. But let's not paint a picture of him as the unfairly persecuted victim.
I am the self-fulfilling prophecy. Give love, and you WILL receive love. Let your every answer, your every action and reaction, your every desire, be rooted in love.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Bhakti wrote:Please. Let him have any unclaimed land he can get. But let's not paint a picture of him as the unfairly persecuted victim.
Oh, but that's all the fun of his character! :lol:
Bhakti
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Bhakti »

Yeah, I guess so. But that's no reason for you to go along with it!! :lol:

And anyway, he does bring up a good point. Perhaps we can agree to some ground rules regarding the new lands. For example, nobody should be able to say, "Continent X is mine. Nobody else is allowed on it." But I would agree that anyone who has anything the Allfather recognizes as a city should get a certain amount of space around the city.
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam
Location: And closing of the eyes - true vision, The Light within became...Within the Light

Post by O-gon-cho »

ImageI extend welcome to all who come to settle and visit my home. May we develop this land in peace, friendship, and harmony.Image
stonemaybe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by stonemaybe »

Barring unforeseen circumstances (and let's face it they crop up alot!), I will not be claiming any LAND in O-gon-cho's region of Eiran.

And I feel that perhaps O-gon-cho should be consulted before any other god does.
Aglithophile and conniptionist and spectacular moonbow beholder 16Jul11

(:/>
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam
Location: And closing of the eyes - true vision, The Light within became...Within the Light

Post by O-gon-cho »

ImageI am honored brother. But I claim no right of previous ownership due to having been hatched here to anywhere on this continent. Let our followers find places that suit their needs, and through their sweat and fealty, earn their homes on this side of Eiran.Image
Bhakti
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Bhakti »

I guess much depends on how much land there is out there. We'll see. But I imagine there's more new land than what we've been dealing with so far.
stonemaybe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by stonemaybe »

But I imagine there's more new land
and WATER!
Aglithophile and conniptionist and spectacular moonbow beholder 16Jul11

(:/>
Bhakti
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Bhakti »

My apologies, Brother. :D
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

*pops in*

Sigh.

*pops out*
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

Excellent.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Ooo...

Is that the desert? With an arc of mountains around it? And a new island as well?
Vadhaka
Giantfriend

Post by Vadhaka »

Awesome. :D
Death To All Fanatics!
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

Menolly wrote:Ooo...

Is that the desert? With an arc of mountains around it? And a new island as well?
Yep.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I can't say I'm entirely happy (How people meant to be walking north managed to sail east instead is beyond me), but the map looks good, Xar.
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

Murrin wrote:I can't say I'm entirely happy (How people meant to be walking north managed to sail east instead is beyond me), but the map looks good, Xar.
Whoops, that was my mistake, I read "eastern" rather than "northern". I fixed Bassina's location.

By the way, since it would be otherwise redundant, I removed the map from the game thread... now this thread contains the only official, updated map.

Return to “Pantheon”