Creatures on TCTC

A place to discuss the books in the FC and SC. *Please Note* No LC spoilers allowed in this forum. Do so in the forum below.

Moderators: kevinswatch, Orlion

Bannor
Giantfriend

Creatures on TCTC

Post by Bannor »

There is a new 3-in-1 edition of TCTC. It's available at the Science Fiction Book Club. My question is: What are those creatures attacking that are attacking TC(?)? The address is:
ebay1.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_1cd818822a96d489b87e05f9e903d8dc/i-1.JPG
Last edited by Bannor on Sun Jun 02, 2002 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Do you have a wife?"
"At one time."
"What happened to her?"
"She has been dead."
"How long ago did she die?"
"Two thousand years."
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

when I first read this post .. I had the very strong impression that Bannor obviously spent too long on danlo's Yay Vain party page!! .. but .. now .. :wink:

.. yeah if that's supposed to be TC he is either wearing his dressing gown during a midnight raid by mutant alien (from the movie Alien) Franciscan monks 8O (he looks like he be wearing the monk cut - you know a circular shaved patch on the top of the head - a very fetching look :wink: ).. and he doesnt look like he stands a chance!!!

very interesting! .. absolutely no clue who the big mitted alien mutant like creatures are .. they both have the same huge hairy mits .. and oh so long finger nails .. and they both seem also to be balding on top .. :? .. its a conundrum thats for sure ..

I guess the one of the creatures could be Drool .. and the other one of his cronies .. but whoever or whatever they are .. 'someone' didn't read the books prior to designing the cover .. :roll: ..

I'd love a triple .. 2 even .. maybe when the next series goes into pring .. 3 even .. but I have a dream .. that cover artists would read a little of the book for background .. and that SRD would choose the covers that fit better with my personal perceptions of TC .. the Land and those in it. :roll:

You know these publishing firms and even SRD himself could do themselves a favour and use the art from TCTC fans and fansites .. I just looked at Vain's bannor .. that would make a hell of a book cover!!! .. certainly would attract me to buy it!! .. and then I think of Priyangika's art .. there is a wealth of material right here .. when it comes to book cover art and great ideas!!

.. mmm .. I think that is such a great point .. that I will write to the publishing company and SRD .. I meant to re: Priyangika ages ago .. and now the time has come!!
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
danlo
Lord

I kinda like it...

Post by danlo »

Perhaps they r supposed 2b Urviles? Who knows...
fall far and well Pilots!
Coercri
Stonedownor

Post by Coercri »

Hard to tell, but my guess is one of the Lords (blue robe) & Cavewights, not quite how I had them pictured, but what do I know.... :roll:

Perhaps Prothall & Drool struggling for the Staff of Law?? That is a staff I see in his hands isn't it?

-Coercri
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

oh .. ok .. yeah it could definitely be Prothal .. and yeah that could be him wrestling with Drool and another cavewight in ch 23 LFB .. well spotted ..

ok well .. I agree .. its not exactly how I would have pictured cavewights either .. but its not soooo bad now I see it in that light ..

thanx coercri
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Prothall and Cavewrights--yes I agree!
fall far and well Pilots!
Prince of Amber
<i>Elohim</i>

Big hands

Post by Prince of Amber »

Yes to the Cavewrights, just not how I imagined them, I wish I was at home and could see how SD described them - seem to remember something like 'big spatulate(??) hands'. Must be Prothall, but didn't Covenant also have a staff in LFB :?:
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Funky lookin' critters...

Post by aliantha »

Somebody needs to tell the SciFi Book Club folks that TCTC are fantasy novels, not sci fi novels....
Bannor
Giantfriend

Prothall

Post by Bannor »

After reading the comments, Prothall seems to be the logical choice. It's hard to see in the picture, but on the cover of the books I have, the "lord" has all of his fingers, so I guess that rules out TC. On the other hand (no pun intended), the staff seems to be about the width of a drumstick. He does seem to be in the area where Prothall met Drool, and the picture of Drool does make Drool look pretty stupid (who Skyweir said Drool was in an earlier post--and I agree). I also agree with Aliantha that the artist(s) should have known that this was a fantasy book. Do you think SRD wanted this picture, or was it merely a publisher's idea?
Oh, and when writing the publisher about artists here, please don't forget my daughter who drew my Bannor avatar. Thanks.
"Do you have a wife?"
"At one time."
"What happened to her?"
"She has been dead."
"How long ago did she die?"
"Two thousand years."

Return to “The First and Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant”