Possible Gap movies

The Gap Into Online Internet Conversation

Moderators: Cord Hurn, Cagliostro

Seareach
The Gap Into Spam

Possible Gap movies

Post by Seareach »

As noted by Drew in the SRD gen discussion thread (from SRD's official webpage "news" section):
GAP novels film option

A production company called Fully Loaded Pictures LLC has just purchased a 12-month renewable option to develop a film or films based on the GAP novels. The agreement covers all five GAP books, so I think we can safely assume that Fully Loaded Pictures does not intend to squeeze the enTIRE story into one movie. As is usual in these situations, the contract covers every conceivable eventuality, ranging from one half-hour cartoon in a non-English-speaking TV market to an endless franchise of "major motion pictures." But the (privately) stated hope of Fully Loaded Pictures is to tell the whole story in three films. I've agreed to "consult" with the producers on a very limited basis.
drew
The Gap Into Spam

Post by drew »

You thought the Rape Scene was going to cause issues with the Covenant Movie...
How they hell are they going to film the Real Story?
I thought you were a ripe grape
a cabernet sauvignon
a bottle in the cellar
the kind you keep for a really long time
Waddley
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Waddley »

drew wrote:You thought the Rape Scene was going to cause issues with the Covenant Movie...
LOTS of rape scenes??

I mean, if you're gonna do something, may as well do it right and not half-ass it... ;)

Is it too soon to start pushing for Lance Hendrickson for Warden?
"Let my inspiration flow in token rhyme, suggesting rhythm." -Robert Hunter
Seareach
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seareach »

I can see how that (the rape scenes) could be implied rather than actually show...I think it would actually work really well...unlike in the Chronicles where I think you'd have to show it to have maximum effect.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Seareach wrote:As noted by Drew in the SRD gen discussion thread (from SRD's official webpage "news" section):
GAP novels film option

A production company called Fully Loaded Pictures LLC has just purchased a 12-month renewable option to develop a film or films based on the GAP novels. The agreement covers all five GAP books, so I think we can safely assume that Fully Loaded Pictures does not intend to squeeze the enTIRE story into one movie. As is usual in these situations, the contract covers every conceivable eventuality, ranging from one half-hour cartoon in a non-English-speaking TV market to an endless franchise of "major motion pictures." But the (privately) stated hope of Fully Loaded Pictures is to tell the whole story in three films. I've agreed to "consult" with the producers on a very limited basis.
OH MY F***ING GOD!!!
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Well, it'd be nice if it ever happened.

The only thing I could find on Fully Loaded Pictures is that they made one movie, called Edmond.
kevinswatch
"High" Lord
Location: In the dark, lonely cave that dwells within my eternal soul of despair. It's next to a Pizza Hut.

Post by kevinswatch »

Waddley Hasselhoff wrote:
drew wrote:You thought the Rape Scene was going to cause issues with the Covenant Movie...
LOTS of rape scenes??
Hahaha, good answer, good answer.

Anyway, dudes, what's the deal? This is a HUGE story. How come no one has made a new topic for it yet? I don't want to have to sift through old topics to find this. Pft, I guess it's up to me to make a new topic.-jay
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

I am one step ahead of you. ;)
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
kevinswatch
"High" Lord
Location: In the dark, lonely cave that dwells within my eternal soul of despair. It's next to a Pizza Hut.

Post by kevinswatch »

Heh, thanks. I just thought it was a little odd that big news like this didn't have it's own topic.-jay

(Plus...what's it doing in the GI thread?)
Elfgirl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Elfgirl »

Still, we really ought to hand over the "Gap Filmed" topic to the execs at Fully Loaded. OUR casting choices should be noted - and it will save them heaps on casting consultants!! ;)
ImageImageImage
"Right away would be good. Right now would be better"
-- Nick Succorso

OK, so what's the speed of dark?- Larry the Cable Guy
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

kevinswatch wrote:Heh, thanks. I just thought it was a little odd that big news like this didn't have it's own topic.-jay

(Plus...what's it doing in the GI thread?)
Good question. But I am too stunned to think about it. :lol:
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Elfgirl wrote:Still, we really ought to hand over the "Gap Filmed" topic to the execs at Fully Loaded. OUR casting choices should be noted - and it will save them heaps on casting consultants!! ;)
Bad idea. Josh sucks. :lol:
kevinswatch
"High" Lord

Post by kevinswatch »

Heh, the thing that scares me is that if there's ever any book series that Hollywood can completely screw up, it's the Gap series, heh.-jay
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

kevinswatch wrote:Heh, the thing that scares me is that if there's ever any book series that Hollywood can completely screw up, it's the Gap series, heh.-jay
Oh yeah. Hell yeah.
Elfgirl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Elfgirl »

:|

yer no fun!

b'sides, why don't they make "Gap" the mini-series, or would that just make their spfx budget crap?
ImageImageImage
-- Nick Succorso

Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Elfgirl wrote::|

yer no fun!

b'sides, why don't they make "Gap" the mini-series, or would that just make their spfx budget crap?
Not necessarily. Look at some of the high quality Sf series out there - like BG.
Elfgirl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Elfgirl »

If they got BSG or Firefly's FX crew on the job...

HELL YEAH!!!
ImageImageImage
-- Nick Succorso

kevinswatch
"High" Lord

Post by kevinswatch »

Loremaster wrote:
kevinswatch wrote:Heh, the thing that scares me is that if there's ever any book series that Hollywood can completely screw up, it's the Gap series, heh.-jay
Oh yeah. Hell yeah.
Can you say Tom Cruise as the great hero Angus Thermopile?-jay
Elfgirl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Elfgirl »

kevinswatch wrote:
Loremaster wrote:
Oh yeah. Hell yeah.
Can you say Tom Cruise as the great hero Angus Thermopile?-jay
NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ImageImageImage
-- Nick Succorso

Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Awesome news. It's about time.

Waddley Hasselhoff wrote: Is it too soon to start pushing for Lance Hendrickson for Warden?
Lance has to be Warden. There is no other option.

Oh, a change is coming, feel these doors now closing
Is there no world for tomorrow, if we wait for today?

Return to “The Gap Series”