Chapter 1 Spoilers (A&S split)

Book 2 of the Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant

Moderators: dlbpharmd, Seareach

Sunbaneglasses
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sunbaneglasses »

Spoiler
GAH!!!!! The huge grin and the twitching muscle will torment me until May 9th!!! Or possibly even Oct!!! Damn the huge grin and the twitching eye muscle!!!!!
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Erm.
Spoiler
I seem to recall that the only connection between the watchtower and the keep were the suspended bridges (which I'm not sure are still there, but). Linden didn't cross any bridges, yet she moves from the tower to the Keep in her rush downward, arriving in the Keep's entrance chamber. Were they even on the watchtower at the end of Runes?
kevinswatch
"High" Lord
Location: In the dark, lonely cave that dwells within my eternal soul of despair. It's next to a Pizza Hut.

Post by kevinswatch »

Spoiler
She did. Middle of Page 2.
-jay
Seareach
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seareach »

Murrin wrote:Erm.
Spoiler
I seem to recall that the only connection between the watchtower and the keep were the suspended bridges (which I'm not sure are still there, but). Linden didn't cross any bridges, yet she moves from the tower to the Keep in her rush downward, arriving in the Keep's entrance chamber. Were they even on the watchtower at the end of Runes?
Spoiler
I just checked. It's consistent. They were in the watchtower and had crossed the suspended slat bridge.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Okay.

Anyhoo.
Spoiler
It looks like the Masters are preparing to torch the tower when the Demondim attack. That'd be pretty cool.
Last edited by I'm Murrin on Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
kevinswatch
"High" Lord
Location: In the dark, lonely cave that dwells within my eternal soul of despair. It's next to a Pizza Hut.

Post by kevinswatch »

Spoiler
It's also consistent that Linden is still a complete and utter wuss.
-jay
Seareach
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seareach »

Spoiler
Maybe Linden will torch the tower...will that do it for you Jay? ;)
Alynna Lis Eachann
Lord

Post by Alynna Lis Eachann »

Another book full of Linden's "Woe is me!" This really doesn't make me inclined to read much further...
Spoiler
Although a book full of Jeremiah taunting Linden might actually be fun...
"We probably could have saved ourselves, but we were too damned lazy to try very hard... and too damn cheap." - Kurt Vonnegut

"Now if you remember all great paintings have an element of tragedy to them. Uh, for instance if you remember from last week, the unicorn was stuck on the aircraft carrier and couldn't get off. That was very sad. " - Kids in the Hall
Warmark
Lord

Post by Warmark »

Spoiler
How come Linden cannot touch TC or J, but the Masters can? Shouldn't they have dissappeared?
Also, its probabley been said somewhere already (GI?) but, is all the Last Chrons from Lindens POV? Damn i wish TC were the POV again.
But if you're all about the destination, then take a fucking flight.
We're going nowhere slowly, but we're seeing all the sights.
And we're definitely going to hell, but we'll have all the best stories to tell.

Full of the heavens and time.
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Warmark wrote:
Spoiler
How come Linden cannot touch TC or J, but the Masters can? Shouldn't they have dissappeared?
Excellent question.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Because Foul set it up that way. To torture her.
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Lorelei
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lorelei »

Fist and Faith wrote:Because Foul set it up that way. To torture her.
My thoughts exactly!
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Sunbaneglasses wrote:
Spoiler
GAH!!!!! The huge grin and the twitching muscle will torment me until May 9th!!! Or possibly even Oct!!! Damn the huge grin and the twitching eye muscle!!!!!
I don't remember anything like that from before. Did any Raver cause that in those he possessed?
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Fist and Faith wrote:
Sunbaneglasses wrote:
Spoiler
I don't remember anything like that from before. Did any Raver cause that in those he possessed?
Not to my knowledge.
Romeo
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Romeo »

Spoiler
Regarding the oil ... I don't think they were going to torch the tower. I think they were planning to dump it onto the Demondim and light it.
And then the ravens pecked out his eyes.
A Gunslinger
The Gap Into Spam

Post by A Gunslinger »

dlbpharmd wrote:
Warmark wrote:
Spoiler
Excellent question.
Here is something I posted in the other CH 1 thread.... it bears discussion:

Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:10 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spoiler
After reading what was posted... the fact that TC and jeremiah cannot be touched by Linden or the staff has some strange implications.
Spoiler
1) Is their presence UN-lawful in some way? We know that the Law of Death was broken by Elena in millenia past, and that TC himself is/was dead...but what about Jeremiah?

2) Perhaps more importanly, I think it suggests that Linden has her own paradox. Recall that the Mhoram discovered that TC WAS the white gold... could Linden herself BE the Staff of Law? CFould her emotional need to control be so strong ( in conjunction with her healthsense) that it has the power to predicate the physical laws of the land?
Last edited by A Gunslinger on Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I use my gun whenever kindness fails"

ImageImage
Usivius
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Usivius »

Holy F--!
OK, unlike many of you poops, I do not see Linden as a whiner... That was an amazing snippit of a chapter. I can only guess that all you Linden-complainers have no emotion.
Spoiler
My heart absolutely wept when she could not even do that simple action of embrasing her loved ones!
And that observation of them being herded is sooo apt. I agree with someone else, that this is all about crushing the will and sending Linden on a course of utter depair and destruction.
I am not sure what to make of TC and Jeremiah yet, but the notion that they 'defy' Law makes sense in that Linden is the symbol of Law and healing.
The only thing I truly wish from this series, more than anything else, is that Foul "gets what coming to him"... in whatever form that takes! I'm not asking for a 'happy' ending, just a satisfying ending conserning Foul.
b@stard... :x

Oh, and MAY 9th!!!! Gahhhh!
~...with a floating smile and a light blue sponge...~
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

I'm told that those we would want to "get what's coming to them" in Gap do not, so don't hold your breath.
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Alynna Lis Eachann
Lord

Post by Alynna Lis Eachann »

Fist and Faith wrote:I'm told that those we would want to "get what's coming to them" in Gap do not, so don't hold your breath.
In the Gap series? Oh, I dunno. Some of them do. I guess what you ultimately have to beware of, going by the Gap as example, is that you'll begin to sympathize with Lord Foul. :biggrin:
"We probably could have saved ourselves, but we were too damned lazy to try very hard... and too damn cheap." - Kurt Vonnegut

"Now if you remember all great paintings have an element of tragedy to them. Uh, for instance if you remember from last week, the unicorn was stuck on the aircraft carrier and couldn't get off. That was very sad. " - Kids in the Hall
Usivius
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Usivius »

No, Gap ending is satisfying even though I was thought
Spoiler
Angus got off a little soft.
No, so far I have no complaints about SRD endings. My definition of Foul getting his 'come-uppance' may differ from others. I'm not asking for a blast of searing Law from Linden that forever tortures his 'soul' in to being an integrated part of the beauty and balance of Law of the Land ... (man that was stream of consciousnes ... :lol: )...
just something ... satisfying...

(although what I just wrote sounds pretty neat,,, ;) )
~...with a floating smile and a light blue sponge...~

Return to “Fatal Revenant”