Re-reading series in anticipation of Deathly Hallows

And the Harry Potter series.

Moderator: Menolly

Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

YEAH! What Sindatur said!
Now if I could just find a way to wear live bees as jewelry all the time.....

www.fantasybedtimehour.com
Seafoam Understone
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Seafoam Understone »

sindatur wrote:Seafoam, while Lily certainly treated him with a certain amount of respect (and maybe because she knew he was a Half Blood in a Pure Blood world), I don't believe anyone could ever see Snape as sweet. remember, when Snape arrived at Hogwarts he knew more curses then a (7th?) year and he was sorted into Slytherin, I see no room in that combination for anyone to think he was sweet, LOL.
Well yes but what man really understands a woman's thoughts and perceptions? I'm just speculating. I don't think Snapes was a mean kid all throughout his life and he probably wasn't like Draco in his first year (bully), but just I see him as one of those lost lonely kids who's has a lot of talent but nobody his age likes him.
Sure now nobody can see him having any kind of being gentle and sweet because it was probably ripped out of him when Voldemort betrayed him. Losing the one you love is a terrible thing. Losing the chance to win a love desired is a terrible thing too.
Like to see the ladies on this forum and what they make of (my) theory...
remember the Oath Of Peace!

https://ralph.rigidtech.com
A Gunslinger
The Gap Into Spam

Post by A Gunslinger »

[quote="Seafoam Understone

Just my own theory of it all.[/quote]

Welcome aboard to Guns' bandwagon! I have been espousing this in this community for a looong time. Cj and I have been scrappin' ever since!
"I use my gun whenever kindness fails"

ImageImage
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

Seafoam, Gunslinger has already put that theory out there and argued it with me quite a bit. Check the Theories by Miss Ann...
Now if I could just find a way to wear live bees as jewelry all the time.....

www.fantasybedtimehour.com
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

Seafoam Understone wrote:
sindatur wrote:Seafoam, while Lily certainly treated him with a certain amount of respect (and maybe because she knew he was a Half Blood in a Pure Blood world), I don't believe anyone could ever see Snape as sweet. remember, when Snape arrived at Hogwarts he knew more curses then a (7th?) year and he was sorted into Slytherin, I see no room in that combination for anyone to think he was sweet, LOL.
Well yes but what man really understands a woman's thoughts and perceptions? I'm just speculating. I don't think Snapes was a mean kid all throughout his life and he probably wasn't like Draco in his first year (bully), but just I see him as one of those lost lonely kids who's has a lot of talent but nobody his age likes him.
Sure now nobody can see him having any kind of being gentle and sweet because it was probably ripped out of him when Voldemort betrayed him. Losing the one you love is a terrible thing. Losing the chance to win a love desired is a terrible thing too.
Like to see the ladies on this forum and what they make of (my) theory...
I'm not so much basing my assumption on the Snape we see today, but, imagine an 11 year old boy who knows so many curses. Curses, mind, you, these are spells designed to cause harm to someone or something else, not conjuring boquets of flowers or floating feathers. I just can't imagine an 11 year old boy, having that much dark power (without the training of a "Mr. Miyagi" to temper his arrogance) being sweet. Am I remembering correctly from the books (rather than fan fiction/theories) that one of his worst memories was of a man abusing a woman in front of a little boy (Snape seeing his mother abused by his muggle father)?

Return to “J.K. Rowling Forum”