OVER OR UNDER? PAPER TOWELS AND TOILET PAPER

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

Vertical Toilet paper hung left or right?

Left - No real reason just like the answer
11%
Right - I'm right handed so...
33%
Left if its on my left right if its on my right
6%
Get a life Mayor. You shouldn't be thinking about this
50%

Total votes: 18

aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

Don't you wish that the brilliant minds and vast computer aids of our time, that have sent men to the moon, cured diseases of all types could come up with something a little less primitive than wiping your bum with sheets of thin, soft paper? I mean think about it. You kidding me? Huh? :-)
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

aTOMiC wrote:Don't you wish that the brilliant minds and vast computer aids of our time, that have sent men to the moon, cured diseases of all types could come up with something a little less primitive than wiping your bum with sheets of thin, soft paper? I mean think about it. You kidding me? Huh? :-)
...I bet you grew up with an outhouse! ;)
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

Oh come on. Surely someone is working on a device that will do the job with lasers or microwaves or a nice shot of ice cold compressed air. Maybe a mechanical arm that rises out of the bottom of the lew and scrubs everything clean and pure as the wind driven snow. Of course you run the risk of losing your junk if the bloody thing malfunctions. Maybe I'm expecting too much from science. But then again...

balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

aTOMiC wrote:Oh come on. Surely someone is working on a device that will do the job with lasers or microwaves or a nice shot of ice cold compressed air. Maybe a mechanical arm that rises out of the bottom of the lew and scrubs everything clean and pure as the wind driven snow. Of course you run the risk of losing your junk if the bloody thing malfunctions. Maybe I'm expecting too much from science. But then again...
Oh god. And of course, it'll come out of Japan and thank you kindly in broken engrish for allowing it the honor of cleansing you.

*shudder*

That is scarier than all of the hostile robot take-over sci-fi I've read.
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

Balon wrote: Oh god. And of course, it'll come out of Japan and thank you kindly in broken engrish for allowing it the honor of cleansing you.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!! :lol: :biggrin: :D

balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

aTOMiC wrote:
Balon wrote: Oh god. And of course, it'll come out of Japan and thank you kindly in broken engrish for allowing it the honor of cleansing you.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!! :lol: :biggrin: :D
:faint: Oh god.
matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

*shudder*

I nominate this for Post of the Week!

(And I compliment aTOMiC for inspiring Balon to such heights of eloquence in the first place. :wink: )
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

Matrixman wrote:

*shudder*

I nominate this for Post of the Week!

(And I compliment aTOMiC for inspiring Balon to such heights of eloquence in the first place. :wink: )
:biggrin: I second! :P
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

It was another group of anal-minded people that made me take a stand on the eternal toilet paper question. I seriously hadn't thought of it until two people that I worked with while I was in college brought this discussion up. Until that time, bathroom life was easy, and I didn't have to start shunning people like a star-bellied Sneech. I could go into a bathroom and not be annoyed that someone put the roll the "wrong way." After all, the "right way" is over rather than under.

And I had never thought of how the paper towels should go. Thanks for making me conscious of that now.

:le sigh:
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

I'm an overhander.

When the kids were little, I got so frustrated with them not changing the empty TP rolls that I paid 'em to do it. "You get an extra dime in your allowance every time you put in a new roll of toilet paper." It worked, too! They're beautifully trained now! :lol:

And btw, guys, somebody's already invented that "gentle cleansing" apparatus you're talking about. It's called a bidet. I've never experienced one, but I understand it can be quite a shock the first time, if you're not expecting it....

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

aliantha wrote:And btw, guys, somebody's already invented that "gentle cleansing" apparatus you're talking about. It's called a bidet. I've never experienced one, but I understand it can be quite a shock the first time, if you're not expecting it....
And it thanks you in japanese!? 8O
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

Balon wrote:
aliantha wrote:And btw, guys, somebody's already invented that "gentle cleansing" apparatus you're talking about. It's called a bidet. I've never experienced one, but I understand it can be quite a shock the first time, if you're not expecting it....
And it thanks you in japanese!? 8O
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bidet

I was aware of the bidet but a jet of water isnt exactly what I had in mind. I was thinking of something more...proactive. :biggrin:

CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

aliantha wrote:...I understand it can be quite a shock the first time, if you're not expecting it....
How is it possible to use a bidet and not be expecting what comes next? :lol: It's not like you can mistake it for an toaster...
DukkhaWaynhim
The Gap Into Spam

Post by DukkhaWaynhim »

Is that why my toast is always so soggy?

dw
"God is real, unless declared integer." - Unknown
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

CovenantJr wrote:
aliantha wrote:...I understand it can be quite a shock the first time, if you're not expecting it....
How is it possible to use a bidet and not be expecting what comes next? :lol: It's not like you can mistake it for a toaster...
We don't have 'em in the US. Picture Bubba and Myrtle on their first European vacation: "Myrtle, what is that thing? Oh, well, gotta go... WHOA!!!"

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

:lol: Nice image. :lol:

It's not like they're commonplace here though! I've only ever seen two in the 'flesh' (in the porcelain?) - and come to think of it, one of those was in Florida. :P
TIC TAC
The Gap Into Spam

Post by TIC TAC »

The one pictured has a nozzel that fires outward but the one's I've seen spray upward from below. Hmmm. If there isn't a bum hovering over it does it reach the ceiling?
Um...so you have this jet of water spray upward...hmmm...I've never used one but couldn't that be potentially messy? I bet kids have a ball with 'em. Mom comes in to find 3" of water on the floor. I guess I'm just ignorant. :biggrin:
THOOLAH - Nuff said.
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

So wait, that wasn't a drinking fountain?
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

Cail wrote:So wait, that wasn't a drinking fountain?
8O

:haha:
TIC TAC
The Gap Into Spam

Post by TIC TAC »

I miss discussion threads like this.
Its starts nowhere, goes nowhere and ends nowhere but you can't help enjoying the ride.
THOOLAH - Nuff said.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”