5%
No
No votes

Total votes: 20

stonemaybe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by stonemaybe »

Five pages to read already !!!! :(

I'm having trouble with the whole Pantheon/Real Life thing at the minute, so not convinced I'd be able to join in!

BUT, if I were to be allowed a dimorphic race in symbiosis with another (Firvulag/Tanu+Ships) I might give it a go.......

(Not that it would matter to everyone else anyway, as my lot would always be fighting themselves) :biggrin:
Aglithophile and conniptionist and spectacular moonbow beholder 16Jul11

(:/>
Argothoth
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Argothoth »

I want to play a genomic race.
I thinking about a race formed by only 100 "unit" and one mind.
They live in a capital ship and all the other member of the race are robots and AIs.
the race seek for perfection. They land on the planets that they meet during the travel in the cosmos... and seek for good DNA to ad to their own.
100 living beings and the other are robots...

I like it.... :d
Last edited by Argothoth on Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Death is the threshold through which life eternal is reached.
Saving Eiran is the main reason for existing.
Embrace Death as the best means towards this goal.

The most powerful god in Eiran Pantheon 2.0
Divine Rank: 11
Total Worshipers and Prevalent Race: 2.411.443 (undead humans)
Argothoth
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Argothoth »

the 100 warriors may have an aspect like this:

[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Wow. Looks like I missed a lot yesterday (was pretty sick). Looks like everything is going quite well. I'll post the rules and registration guidelines Sunday. Until then, keep brainstorming. And my PM box is always open.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Cool. I got dibs on the roaming/scavenging pirate/miners/traders.

--A
stonemaybe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by stonemaybe »

My Tanu/Firvulag+Ships will kick your roaming/scavenging pirate/miners/traders's arses :twisted:

That's it! I've had enough! I declare WAR! Already!
Aglithophile and conniptionist and spectacular moonbow beholder 16Jul11

(:/>
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Heh. I suppose I should mention that each race will only have one ship* to start. Anything other than a few shuttlecraft and such, you'll have to build yourself.

And a generation ship is fine, Murrin.

*As a sailor, I set the definition for "ship" to be anything that can make an unassisted trip from one planet's orbit to another.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

One ship?! Excellent!! I really like that idea! :D
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Fist and Faith wrote:One ship?! Excellent!! I really like that idea! :D
:::nodding:::

Me too.

Do we have to be space faring though? Could our race be welcoming of visitors, but still be home planet bound for one reason or another? Sort of like McCaffrey's Crystal Singers? So they can journey off planet for short periods, but would be dependent upon others for the transport?
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

The Hegemony are the slavers/expansionists.
Argothoth
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Argothoth »

so, is my background ok?
can i start with a "Geneark" (starship with 100 gene-warriors) ? how many creatures can i have? the AIs and the robots must be in a range of units?
How i can say that my reace is more powerful than another?

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Loremaster wrote:The Hegemony are the slavers/expansionists.
Damn.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Owned.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Yes, Menolly. If you choose, your race can be predominately homebound. It would be a distinct disadvantage (especially considering it will be difficult to increase your GI beyond a certain point while remaining in only one system), but that would entitle you to a significant advantage in return. However, without having a means of interplanetary transport, you must provide a suitable rationale behind being involved in galactic affairs, i.e. advanced celestial observation or extraterrestrial communication.

Your background appears to be fine, Argothoth. Your disadvantages would appear to be a lack of a home planet and a limited population. Your advantages would be advanced robotics and artificial intelligence.
-George Steiner
Argothoth
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Argothoth »

yes, but my gene-warriors will increase their abilites and the power of the race adding genetic material to themselves

Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Syl wrote:Yes, Menolly. If you choose, your race can be predominately homebound. It would be a distinct disadvantage (especially considering it will be difficult to increase your GI beyond a certain point while remaining in only one system), but that would entitle you to a significant advantage in return
Hmm...

What does this mean? If I am disadvantaging myself by doing so, how am I entitled to a significant advantage? Or does that call in the strength and skills points thing again?
Syl wrote:However, without having a means of interplanetary transport, you must provide a suitable rationale behind being involved in galactic affairs, i.e. advanced celestial observation or extraterrestrial communication.
Uh...can I lay claim to being the world that is the only source of something absolutely essential? Like Arrakis' spice? Or would that subject me to hostile intentions on other's part? I would prefer to be peaceful, if at all possible, especially if I stick with my monastic monks as the race...
caamora
The Purifier

Post by caamora »

OK, ok. I'd better put up my idea now because the two ideas I had previously have already been taken. :evil: :lol:

Race: Orions

Special abilities: mind reading and intellectual influence (meaning that they can control the weak-minded and influence strong minded - by role of the dice by our esteemed game master Syl).

The Orions are a highly-evolved intellectual race and persue knowledge and study. Because of their intellect, they use their telekentic abilities to communicate among themselves and with others although they still have use of their vocal cords in case they need to communicate to lesser life forms.

Their goal is to share their knowledge with the universe and learn all that is learnable.

Because of their vast knowledge, their bodies are also highly evolved. Similar to likeness with humans, they are very tall and have no body hair. They are pale with blue eyes. However, because of selective breeding, they are a very attractive race which could explain some their influential mind control. They are extremely well built and strong because they have learned that the mind and the body work in conjunction together. They would look like the equivalent of a human athlete on earth - strong and muscular.

I will add more when I think of it.
The King has one more move.
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Yes, I'm saying being a non-traveling race would put you at a disadvantage. And for every disadvantage that you have, you're entitled to an advantage (skill), so long as it's not more than two advantages and two disadvantages. In your case, that would be a big enough disadvantage that you could claim two advantages with just that. You don't have to, but I would.

As for the second part, I'm basically just asking for a reason for you to be involved in the game, something that makes you involved in the galaxy (otherwise, it's hard to say you have any 'Galatic Influence'... it'd be like starting out in the Pantheon as a mortal or with 0 DRP). You can choose to be peaceful (whether other players or events will accommodate that is a different question) and predominately concerned with domestic affairs.

Now, the spice thing could be your ticket. You could choose to set your race up as galactic traders, your planet as a central trading hub. Think DS9 or even Tattooine. If that was the case, I'd definitely choose some advantages that would support that. Like increased planetary defense and an effective justice system. *shrug*
-George Steiner
Argothoth
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Argothoth »

so, baking to my race, i have the advantage to have an advanced technology, and the disavantage to have a small number of people of my race.
I don't have a home planet, it could be a disavantage....

and i will be peaceful.

So should i chose another advantage?

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

[Edit]
(See main thread for info on my race)
Last edited by I'm Murrin on Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Compendium Galactica”