Links to Rowling Interviews

And the Harry Potter series.

Moderator: Menolly

Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Links to Rowling Interviews

Post by Menolly »

I was surprised to not see a thread of these. LMK if y'all feel this should be stickied...

Here's the latest I've heard about. It's not much but perhaps more will be forthcoming after the television show airs.

Author 'devastated' at Potter end

:::no, that doesn't strike me as a spoiler:::
Seafoam Understone
<i>Haruchai</i>

Re: Links to Rowling Interviews

Post by Seafoam Understone »

Menolly wrote:I was surprised to not see a thread of these. LMK if y'all feel this should be stickied...

Here's the latest I've heard about. It's not much but perhaps more will be forthcoming after the television show airs.

Author 'devastated' at Potter end

:::no, that doesn't strike me as a spoiler:::
Nah, definitely not a spoiler... she probably realized that her gravy train has reached the end of it's tracks.
remember the Oath Of Peace!

https://ralph.rigidtech.com
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

That interview (which I saw on TV last night), has been put up on youtube in two parts, if anyone wants to watch it:

Part 1: youtube.com/watch?v=kkmrYQk7HmE

Part 2: youtube.com/watch?v=yystOmothCI
stonemaybe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by stonemaybe »

Saw that one last night.

It takes alot for me to sit through a whole show of that pillock, Jonathon Ross, but I decided JKR was worth it. She came across very well, I thought. Was funny seeing Paul Weller asking for her autograph in the back room place.
Aglithophile and conniptionist and spectacular moonbow beholder 16Jul11

(:/>
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Murrin wrote:That interview (which I saw on TV last night), has been put up on youtube in two parts, if anyone wants to watch it:

Part 1: youtube.com/watch?v=kkmrYQk7HmE

Part 2: youtube.com/watch?v=yystOmothCI
Thanks Murrin!!

Does anyone know if there is a transcript anywhere, for those of us on dial-up who can't access YouTube?
Seafoam Understone
<i>Haruchai</i>

Seafoam Understone
<i>Haruchai</i>

Alas... the videos got pulled from YouTube... apparently they must've been uploaded without copyrights or something legal... only reason I see as to why they got pulled.

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

The video's up on a fansite here.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

*unsure of which thread to put this thought*

A long time ago Jo stated that a character who has never shown magical ability would come into his/her own (or something like that) in DH. I always suspected Petunia or Dudley, but I recall others saying that Jo has already denied it is either of those. So...could it be Filch?
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

Menolly wrote:*unsure of which thread to put this thought*

A long time ago Jo stated that a character who has never shown magical ability would come into his/her own (or something like that) in DH. I always suspected Petunia or Dudley, but I recall others saying that Jo has already denied it is either of those. So...could it be Filch?
The most likely candidates are Petunia, Dudley, Filch or Arabella Figg, IMHO. Petunia is definitely out, JKR has said she's not magical in the slightest, in such a way that, to me, it implied she can't even be a squib (Although Tonks' comments about Andromeda's cleaning spells and how clean Petunia's house is always made me wonde before that comment).

Dudley, I don't know if she has ruled him out. It's unclear IMHO wether he actually saw Demonetors or not, but, I don't think that matters so much, since Arabella seemed to be lying about having actually seen them. I've always had a sneaking suspicion that the reason Petunia spoils Dudley so much is so he won't throw a fit, and the extreme emotion from a fit ending up making magic come out of him. There is supposed to be some big secret/development for Petunia, but, not magic of her own.

What kind of circumstances might make Filch spit out magic?

If it's someone we know and have a reason to suspect, I would go with Arabella or Dudley (unless Dudley has been ruled out)
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

If it is Dudley, bully that he is, do we automatically assume he would be a Slytherin? Being a Slytherin myself, I would wish to keep him out.
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

Menolly wrote:If it is Dudley, bully that he is, do we automatically assume he would be a Slytherin? Being a Slytherin myself, I would wish to keep him out.
Well I'm not sure Dudley would be put into Hogwarts, he's at least the same age as Harry, so I don't know they'd start him out in 7th year? Who knows, maybe they have remedial magic classes at Hogwarts though.

But, yea, unless the Dementor experience and Harry's growing powers have changed him, I would think he's go to Hufflepuff, he's not nearly ambitious enough to be a Slytherin, I don't think. (Remember Slytherin looks for cunning and ambition, not brattiness :D )
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Heh, I originally actually had "or a Hufflepuff?" in my post before editing it out, but then decided that was too insulting to Hufflepuff House...
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

Menolly wrote:Heh, I originally actually had "or a Hufflepuff?" in my post before editing it out, but then decided that was too insulting to Hufflepuff House...
Yea, I hesitated to select Hufflepuff, but he's certainly not smart enough for ravenclaw or Brave/loyal enough for Gryffindor, and since he's got no ambition Slytherin wouldn't want him, and hufflepuff said she'd take everyone the other houses wouldn't take, so....
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

sindatur wrote:
Menolly wrote:Heh, I originally actually had "or a Hufflepuff?" in my post before editing it out, but then decided that was too insulting to Hufflepuff House...
Yea, I hesitated to select Hufflepuff, but he's certainly not smart enough for ravenclaw or Brave/loyal enough for Gryffindor, and since he's got no ambition Slytherin wouldn't want him, and hufflepuff said she'd take everyone the other houses wouldn't take, so....
And yet, do Crabbe and Goyle ever show ambition?
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

Menolly wrote:
sindatur wrote:
And yet, do Crabbe and Goyle ever show ambition?
Well, they show enough ambition to latch onto the leader that is Malfoy?
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

sindatur wrote:
Menolly wrote:And yet, do Crabbe and Goyle ever show ambition?
True 'nuff. But, Dudley is the leader of his gang of thugs. Wouldn't that count?
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

Menolly wrote:
sindatur wrote:
Menolly wrote:And yet, do Crabbe and Goyle ever show ambition?
True 'nuff. But, Dudley is the leader of his gang of thugs. Wouldn't that count?
Perhaps, but, he seems more to be a mindless bully leader, whereas Malfoy has goals
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

No argument there.

OK, I concede...
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Thanks Duchess for posting this on the Hangar...

Do not read unless you have finshed DH.

Rowling Livechat interview

Return to “J.K. Rowling Forum”