The Rise and Fall of Empires RULES & General Discussion

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Queeaqueg wrote:This game looks confusing... there are soo many rules and lots of stuff to come up with... makes me feel dizzy
It's really not confusing at all. But anyway, everyone seems to get the hang of it really quick. All calculations are done my me, so this system is the tip of a 'big iceberg'.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Queeaqueg
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Queeaqueg »

This game looks fun.

I have some questions. Must you go by those races, can't you come up with another race type?

and dito with everything else.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Queeaqueg wrote:This game looks fun.

I have some questions. Must you go by those races, can't you come up with another race type?

and dito with everything else.
You can create your own type of physiology if you want, say like an amoeba species, gaseous creatures, etc that aren't in the list. However, they have to be worked into the game to ensure that they aren't too powerful. There have been a couple of players who have done that.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Queeaqueg
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Queeaqueg »

Where do I sign up?!
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Queeaqueg wrote:Where do I sign up?!
Pm me the idea for your alien species, then we'll work from there. Try to make sure that the race's strength is balanced by a weakness. :)
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Some new budget items available. :twisted:
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Is there a deadline for the next turn?
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Murrin wrote:Is there a deadline for the next turn?
Depending on what happens with the two new players (how soon they respond to their game start emails/pms), the deadline might be wednesday, 12am GMT. I've already had empire send its turn two orders early, so feel free to do the same if you'd like.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

I've noticed a trade deal has been struck between two empires though only side has payed for it. To get a trade deal, both have to pay the price, not one. And that counts as one deal. If the other player does not contribute the costs, I will have to cancel the deal next turn. So far, the only trade route that is official (rules-wise) is between the Free Traders and the Ross 154 Alliance.

Queeaqueg and Xar, I will need your turn one orders by tomorrow night. It looks likely turn two will be processed midweek, so you will get to submit again soon.
stonemaybe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by stonemaybe »

8O That reporter's initials!!!!
Aglithophile and conniptionist and spectacular moonbow beholder 16Jul11

(:/>
Orion
Servant of the Land

Post by Orion »

How much does it cost to open a trade route?
Atrus
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Atrus »

Ten total. Five CC's for each race.
Orion
Servant of the Land

Post by Orion »

That's kind of expensive.
Erkirithi-Sha
Ramen

Post by Erkirithi-Sha »

Not really, when you consider you'll be making money off it every year. Even if a trade deal only nets +1 CCs per year, it won't take that long to be turning a profit.
"To promote the Empire of the Erkirithi-Sha, through science, and through the Assisted-Divinity of the Everlasting Emperor; to advance and to evolve always forward, throwing off the mawkish sentimentality of lesser beings; to suffer no imposition; and to accept no destiny but that which we make. These were the aims of The Servants of The Emperor, and these are the aims of all true Erkirithi. Long shall prevail the will of the Emperor" - the last words of Ukule-Thaid, convicted of the assassination of Chairman Kleth, 432nd cycle.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Delay in processing - still waiting for one player to submit his turn one orders.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Okay.

All players have twenty-four hours to submit turn two orders! I can extend that to forty eight hours if the player is too busy or other extentuating circumstances occur.
Orion
Servant of the Land

Post by Orion »

I sent mine yesterday.
Iblis
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Iblis »

I sent mine yesterday. :D
Now because You have led me astray, I shall surely sit in ambush for them on Your straight path.

Atrus
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Atrus »

Mine was in a few days ago. So THERE! :P
T'lesir Core
Stonedownor

Post by T'lesir Core »

The T'lesir Core has complied.

Return to “Empires”