The Rise and Fall of Empires RULES & General Discussion

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Shadow Strike wrote:Just have to finish up my race and I'm good to go.
Hurry up, then. :) Nice avatar, by the way.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Father Stoobins
Stonedownor

Post by Father Stoobins »

A> dir

Volume: drive A: 1600079
Volume: drive B: 1700001
Volume: drive F: <unknown>

A>command: drive F

F>command: run prog. <squreroot>i3

Running........

...We........are.......alive........

TERMINAL ERROR
TERMINA......WE......ARE.....ALIVE........

<reboot>
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book. Grouch Marx
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Okay, time for a major announcement. I am in the process of designing the next empires game. It will cover a wider area of the galaxy, and each sector will be around 100-500 sq light years. The map will also be pre-generated (that is, completely explored). There will be no fixed costs for actions and warships - basically, the more you pay the higher chance of success. Technology will be designed by the players.

Now, the best part. It will be set many many thousands of years following the first Empires game. The galaxy is 'governed' by a body made up of all the galaxy's species. Each empire can elect a representative (president, chairman for finance, intelligence, etc), and nominate one of their own people for a position. So, not only will there be GalCol creds, there will also be Votes.
Last edited by Loredoctor on Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

NICE. I like these ideas. Especially the government thing and the self-made technology thing.
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Sounds good. Of course, I'm all for continuing play as is, so I can crush the Ross 154 underfoot.

I like the fact that votes will be a form of 'currency', along with CCs. This could act as a balance between those who are very rich, and those who are not so rich, but may still hold some political clout.

Although I would miss the exploration of space factor, I'm happy to go with whatever the game offers.
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

Montressor wrote:Sounds good. Of course, I'm all for continuing play as is, so I can crush the Ross 154 underfoot.
I'm beginning to wonder whether or not there is a slight, possible chance of the idea that I might loose being a faint possibility.
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

Balon wrote:
I'm beginning to wonder whether or not there is a slight, possible chance of the idea that I might loose being a faint possibility.
That belongs in the record books as being one of the most grand understatements of all time
Queeaqueg
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Queeaqueg »

Don't make the next one really big and confusing like the Pantheon has become.
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

Queeaqueg wrote:Don't make the next one really big and confusing like the Pantheon has become.
Pantheon is not so confusing, if you take the time to read the rules :P
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

Dorian wrote:That belongs in the record books as being one of the most grand understatements of all time
:biggrin:
Queeaqueg
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Queeaqueg »

Queeaqueg wrote:

Pantheon is not so confusing, if you take the time to read the rules
There is too much to it now. The first one was good because it was easy to understand. Now you have all these rules and about 5 different threads for the Pantheon. Go back to the way it was.
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

Queeaqueg wrote:
Queeaqueg wrote:

Pantheon is not so confusing, if you take the time to read the rules
There is too much to it now. The first one was good because it was easy to understand. Now you have all these rules and about 5 different threads for the Pantheon. Go back to the way it was.
This should belong to the Pantheon comments thread... you're welcome to talk about it there, if you want. As for me, I'd just point out that only two of them are really important - as it was for P1.
Iblis
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Iblis »

Loremaster wrote:Okay, time for a major announcement. I am in the process of designing the next empires game. It will cover a wider area of the galaxy, and each sector will be around 100-500 sq light years. The map will also be pre-generated (that is, completely explored). There will be no fixed costs for actions and warships - basically, the more you pay the higher chance of success. Technology will be designed by the players.
That sounds good to me.
Now because You have led me astray, I shall surely sit in ambush for them on Your straight path.

Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

For the record, the Pantheon rules don't look confusing to me. I never knew the v1 rules, though these ones seem fairly straight-forward.

But as that's dangerously off-topic, I'll say something about Empires. Ummm . . . Empires is good.
Shadow Strike
Stonedownor

Post by Shadow Strike »

Loremaster wrote:
Shadow Strike wrote:Just have to finish up my race and I'm good to go.
Hurry up, then. :) Nice avatar, by the way.
Thanks, Its done (you'll find yourself a pretty PM :P)
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Thanks, Shadow Strike. Welcome to the game! Your empire will be starting in the southwest.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Processing of turn 13 will be finished soon.
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

*eagerly watching his inbox whilst clock ticks in background*
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Dorian wrote:*eagerly watching his inbox whilst clock ticks in background*
I have one more Empire to process, and then I have to write up the GDN article. So expect the emails in seven hours.

Just to keep you on the edge of your seats, a planet has been destroyed. :twisted:
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

bloody free traders again aint it

Return to “Empires”