The Rise and Fall of Empires RULES & General Discussion

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Dorian wrote:bloody free traders again aint it
No, the bloody T'lesir Core! :lol:
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

Thats unexpected
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Dorian wrote:Thats unexpected
Not for me. :)

Edit: I was responding to the late comment, not the exploding planet. So, no, it wasn't the T'lesir who destroyed a planet.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Sorry everyone. I'll need one more night. I'm fatigued right now, so I can't write up the GDN article.
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

And a rather nice turn it was too . . .
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Time for a new history update, perhaps?
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

Will do soon. Probably tonight.
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Turn 14 deadline is this wednesday.
Atrus
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Atrus »

Sorry for the delay, guys. Work has been crazy and I was without weather for awhile. Anyway, the new History entry is up now.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

You missed the colonisation of F10 by Delucri.
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

Murrin wrote:You missed the colonisation of F10 by Delucri.
Hmm... looked right over it. Thanks Murrin!
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Sorry about this everyone, but it is looking likely I will end Empires at turn 13. However, I will start the next empires game soon after. I need to run a more stream-lined game. All the processing is too much, and I'm really drained every weekend. I've developed a very cool mechanic that 'allows' for anything, and it's nothing like the Pantheon system. Montressor and I talked on the phone about it, and I think the system will work.
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Well, as you know from our discussion, I understand and support the decision if you feel the current system has you over-whelmed. Personally, I wouldn't run a game which took my whole weekend away.

I won't pretend not to be dissappointed, but fresh starts can be fun too. Though I wanted to tear the Ross a new one.

Nonetheless, if the game ends, I understand, and will certainly be back for v2.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Montressor wrote:Well, as you know from our discussion, I understand and support the decision if you feel the current system has you over-whelmed. Personally, I wouldn't run a game which took my whole weekend away.

I won't pretend not to be dissappointed, but fresh starts can be fun too. Though I wanted to tear the Ross a new one.

Nonetheless, if the game ends, I understand, and will certainly be back for v2.
Thanks.
Shadow Strike
Stonedownor

Post by Shadow Strike »

Thats a shame, but if its taking your weekend its understandable. I'd certainly be interested in v2. The plus side being I have more time to flesh out my ideas and race history.

Do whats best for you.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Yeah; I would have liked to keep playing, but it's not right for something like this to take too much time and effort on your part to run. Ending it is probably for the best, if that's the case.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Thanks, everyone.

I can assure you the new system will be much much better. You basically have an economy rating and political rating.

The map will be pre-explored, and it's looking likely that there will be no sectors.

I plan to set the game several hundred thousand years following the first game. You can continue playing your empires if you wish, too.
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

So, should I assume that Empires v1 has finished?

Just for the sake of posterity/irony (and because this won't give much away), I've been dieing to tell Balon, player-to-player, that his suspicions about the Erkirithi-Sha meaning to eventually attack him were completely unfounded. I actually had a vested interest in keeping the Ross next to me as a buffer zone. It's kind of ironic that the attack on me would have led to my empire vastly expanding in a direction I didn't intend it to.

Of course, you may have just been using the paranoia about the Accord as an excuse for conquest...but, in case your fears were actual, I'm just letting in on 'the truth'.

I really enjoyed Empires, and can't wait to start afresh.
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

Montressor wrote:So, should I assume that Empires v1 has finished?

Just for the sake of posterity/irony (and because this won't give much away), I've been dieing to tell Balon, player-to-player, that his suspicions about the Erkirithi-Sha meaning to eventually attack him were completely unfounded. I actually had a vested interest in keeping the Ross next to me as a buffer zone. It's kind of ironic that the attack on me would have led to my empire vastly expanding in a direction I didn't intend it to.

Of course, you may have just been using the paranoia about the Accord as an excuse for conquest...but, in case your fears were actual, I'm just letting in on 'the truth'.

I really enjoyed Empires, and can't wait to start afresh.
The latter. :P

It was getting too quiet.
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Balon wrote:

The latter. :P

It was getting too quiet.
Haha . . . yeah, I figured as much. When I read your comments when the Accord was first announced, part of me was thinking "I bet he's just pissed I won't be so easy to conquer now . . ." ;)

As for quiet: bah! I was about to invade Khatan when you attacked...I had to turn my battlefleet around :evil:

Return to “Empires”