The Rise and Fall of Empires (GAME THREAD)

Moderator: Goatkiller666

T'lesir Core
Stonedownor

Post by T'lesir Core »

Overmind wrote:Sharoth
Chiuron,
Siktur,
MORAAAAAAAAA

So che potete sentirmi, solo uno può capirmi.
La minaccia è giunta, il tumore è arrivato, tremate voi esseri organici, verrete digeriti, tremate voi esseri inorganici, verrete assorbiti.
La fine dell'universo è giunta!

I know... only one can understand....
... manace is coming...
... end is coming...
We, the T'lesir Core, desire to share with the flesh-races what we have learned from this transmission, which we have heard through the ether of our space. Our mind-sharers have translated the message into a more understandable language, and we wish all races to know of its meaning:

Begin transmission

I know you can hear me, only one can understand me.
The threat has come, the tumor has arrived. Tremble, you organic beings, you will be digested; tremble, you inorganic beings, you will be absorbed.
The end of the universe has come!

End transmission

We, the T'lesir Core, wish to call for ambassadors of the other space-faring races to discuss this message and its implications. We have determined it to have come through a starhole, though we have not determined which one yet.
As always, we, the T'lesir, stand at the ready.
Orion
Servant of the Land

Post by Orion »

Thank you, T'lesir Core for interpreting the message.
Erkirithi-Sha
Ramen

Post by Erkirithi-Sha »

It is the position of the Erkirithi-Sha in this matter, and in any like to it, to react with appropriate force to violence or threats of violence. We do not think it strange that a species such as The Overmind might want to destroy and consume other worlds. War is a natural state for a civilised species. Peace is the province of the mute savage.

A species with an aggressive urge is therefore advanced in many respects. Our empire, therefore, condones violence; however, we shall not allow ourselves to fall victim to it. Our navy and military are more than capable of dealing with threats. We relish the idea of a war. War leads to scientific and social advancement.

Ehteisei-Kuhm
Conciliator.
"To promote the Empire of the Erkirithi-Sha, through science, and through the Assisted-Divinity of the Everlasting Emperor; to advance and to evolve always forward, throwing off the mawkish sentimentality of lesser beings; to suffer no imposition; and to accept no destiny but that which we make. These were the aims of The Servants of The Emperor, and these are the aims of all true Erkirithi. Long shall prevail the will of the Emperor" - the last words of Ukule-Thaid, convicted of the assassination of Chairman Kleth, 432nd cycle.
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

I, Guide Shanovour of the Triumverate of the Vishal, sends this message out in response to the race known as the Overmind.

We had been maintaining radio silence up until this point in an effort to get to know you all better and learn what we can from your conversations. We now deem the time right to announce our presence.

We are a new race to space travel, having just completed the construction of our first light speed capable craft when contacted by the Galactic bank. they informed us of your empires and since then we have been paying attention to you all.

However, this race, The Overmind, has caught particular interest, being our closest neighbors. If their threats are indeed taken as truth, then we, The Triumverate of the Vishal would like to offer our world, Kar'Vesh and our space stations for use as staging areas for any race that feels the need to eradicate the Overmind. Our own armies and fleets are strong, but we have no idea as to the strength of the Overmind.

Normally we would not be so openly aggressive, but these threats have made us slightly concerned, for their implications towards the future of our race, and The Great Goal.

I eagerly look forward to hearing back from you on this matter
Dante Nachtzehrer
Woodhelvennin

Post by Dante Nachtzehrer »

The Krullen relish this oppurtunity to test our might!
"God speaks to those that listen. The Mind is a channel for the Divine Voice. May you see the Lord God in all his power and repent, for you will be cleansed at last!"
T'lesir Core
Stonedownor

Post by T'lesir Core »

We, the T'lesir, wish to renew our interest in opening trade routes with other Empires. We believe other empires to have much of interest for us, and similarly we believe that we have much that could be of interest to other empires. In particular, we, the T'lesir Core, would be interested to hear from the Ross154 alliance, but all other empires would similarly be welcome. We, the T'lesir Core, only require that interest be expressed as soon as possible, for us to budget the necessary resources.
Overmind
Servant of the Land

Post by Overmind »

ZZZZZRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAGGGG
VROOOOOOOOGHS
SHUOIRRAAAAAN

expansion...
colonization....

vrrrrrrhhhhooooosshhh
smaaaarrrrrgggg
we are many, buy we are one!
Cobalt
Ramen

Post by Cobalt »

:EDIT: Reposted as Ross 154 Alliance down below.
Last edited by Cobalt on Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
“A stone is heavy and the sand is weighty; but a fool's wrath is heavier than them both.”
Orion
Servant of the Land

Post by Orion »

The Orions are open to discussion about the Overmind however, like the Ross 154 Alliance, we do not take side in military efforts but will protect ourselves if threatened. We do not, however, attack.
Atrus
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Atrus »

T'lesir Core wrote: We, the T'lesir Core, wish to call for ambassadors of the other space-faring races to discuss this message and its implications. We have determined it to have come through a starhole, though we have not determined which one yet.
As always, we, the T'lesir, stand at the ready.
Firstly I would like to state that we are ALL as new to the issues of xeno-diplomacy as everyone else. We are all new to the idea that we are not the only intelligences in this galaxy, and miss-communications have been frequent lately, at least on our end it has.

I think that deep thought be spent on the matter of the Overmind before anything drastic is brought to a head. By all means, make defensive measures, if your people/leader/alliance think it nessecary, but also keep in mind that we all speak different languages AND meanings. Friend in Overmind may be Enemy in Ross. Let's not be hasty.

As to where the Ross 154 Alliance stands? We do not take sides in military efforts. We hold defensive capabilities to protect our own peoples and planets, but we have no love for attack.
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

The Triumverate of the Vishal is not declaring war on another race, only declaring a defensive stance on this matter. Having what appears to be aggressive neighbors has us worried, so we are extending ourselves diplomatically in hope that we can get some sort of allies in this matter.

However, in saying that, we shall not hesitate should this matter result in aggression. We shall meet anger with anger.
Orion
Servant of the Land

Post by Orion »

Well, we all make a comical picture, don't we.

All standing ready to defend ourselves against any assumed threat. It is understandable that we all wish to survive and will defend our territories and populations.

Ross 154 Alliance has the right of it, we think.
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

Let us sit back and analyze this message for a moment shall we.

The Hive Will stated that one of us would understand. That "one" has translated this message for us and it says enemy.

Our intellects have spent many hours studying the messages and all believe that the race probably is not speaking in its native tongue, but rather one that we would understand. Why go to so much effort only to get the message wrong.

Its easy for you all to sit back and say that we should try to understand this race. Thats fine, I understand how it must feel safe when there is many years of travel and a great big gulf separating you from them. We hae no such luxury.

We the Vishal have been fighting since the start of our race. We are used to others trying to take our lives and our homes. And none of those aggressors are alive today.

Now, feel free to sit back. Just bear in mind, when its on your doorstep, good luck with your peaceful stances and loving ideals.
Atrus
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Atrus »

Dorian wrote:Its easy for you all to sit back and say that we should try to understand this race. Thats fine, I understand how it must feel safe when there is many years of travel and a great big gulf separating you from them. We have no such luxury.

We the Vishal have been fighting since the start of our race. We are used to others trying to take our lives and our homes. And none of those aggressors are alive today.

Now, feel free to sit back. Just bear in mind, when its on your doorstep, good luck with your peaceful stances and loving ideals.
It is equally easy to ignore any talk of peace, and go straight to the attack/defense stage, Vishal. However, I would think that since they are both equally easy, the more profitable course would be peace.

Think on this, no?
Eugen Razvan
Giantfriend

Post by Eugen Razvan »

Galactic Daily News

Issue 342

The Galactic Columns Leave

"Column 12 was standing at least twenty miles away, but we could see it from our city," reports one citizen. "It's like a pillar that supports the heavens, and we can see the factories and worker pods being conveyed, or carried, up into the sky." Across this region of the galaxy, almost every civilisation would hear the same, or similar, report. Two-hundred kilometer high space pillars, ferrying equipment and resources into space - helping nearly twelve empires expand into space and beyond.

"There was this rumbling. I thought it was an earthquake," writes another. "I ran outside . . . . I could see Column 3 slowly rise from the ground and into the sky. Within twenty minutes it was gone. I heard on the news . . . the Bank column had left the system, exceeding the speed of light." Another story repeated on every lip on every world. All the Galactic Column Bank representatives have left the systems of the empires, speeding off into unknown space where they soon vanish. Apparantly, their purpose was to help the empires into space and make profit doing so. But it is not that the empires are left alone - to make their own ways into space. For the columns have left satellites in orbit of every homeworld, so that the Bank can still be contacted.

What are the columns? No one knows. No crews were even seen or spoken to, apart from the entities that referred to themselves as a column. Scans of the structures revealed that columns were almost entirely comprised of metal with vast amounts of energy being generated along the lengthy axis. No organic material was ever detected nor any movement. Perhaps the bank's representatives were machines? And what of the Bank? To this day, no one has ever found the homeworld for the Galactic Column Bank, nor its owners. Some believe the bank originates beyond this galaxy, others state that they are from another dimension (or from the future). However, one Khatan Imperial scientist stated, "I strongly believe that the columns might be some moderating influence in the galaxy. They have established a commerce system. If an empire is deprived of it, there may be serious repurcussions; in that regard, the columns may be working towards directing the growth of empires and thus of the galaxy." An interesting theory, which in time will be proven right or wrong.

G'Klek O'Doherty

Surveyor Corporation
A galactic-wide company of surveyors, SurvCorp, has entered this region of the galaxy. There main aim is to map the galaxy, region by region. Already, they have surveyed more than 5% of space, and expect to finish their mammoth task within a thousand years. However, they are offering their service for six months. For 1CC, the company will survey two sectors of space. That's two sectors for the price of one.

Empires, make sure you budget correctly to take account of this amazing offer.

The First Colonies Established

A year ago I became aware of a few empires constructing their first interstellar colony vessels (or fleets). Six months ago, I was informed that the vessels were launched from high orbit of various homeworlds. Now, I have been told that those same colonies have landed down upon a variety of worlds. This is a landmark event, for this is the first time colonies on other worlds have been established. I know of no other empires before this day to have achieved this. This is an incredible event, and I must take off my cynic's hat to commend each of the empires for their efforts.

The first colony ship to land was the Prospector I. The Delucrii had been building this vessel for a longer time than any other empire. As such, it was the first to leave dock and the first to arrive in orbit of the new world. I interviewed a Delucrii, Proctor Yaltus, and this is his statement regarding the achievement:

"The colonisation of new worlds is, we believe, the only way forward for a people that have reached our stage of development. By confining ourselves to a single world, we severely limit our potential, and prepare the way for our downfall--a planet's resources are finite, afterall.

"The universe, however, is infinite.

"It is only by the expansion into new territory, and the communication with other races, that we can avoid the otherwise inevitable depletion of all sources of capital.

"The Prospect I, as you have said, is our first step in this move toward survival. We begin small--one thousand of our brave people travelling to begin a new life on a new world. But they go equipped with all that they will need to make the establishment of our race, on the first of many new worlds, we hope, go as quickly and smoothly as possible. Though of course I cannot share any specifics of design, the colonisation ship we have built virtually guarantees our initial success.

"Soon, we will expand far beyond our current limitations, so that we may ensure the continued prosperity of our people."

The T'lesir, without doubt possessing the strangest colony vessel in the galaxy, stated, "We, the T'lesir Core, are indeed planning an expansion of our empire at a future date. As it is customary among the T'lesir, we use no mere metal and wire vessels; our cosmonauts meld their minds and energies together to become the ship itself. So it is for the M'lazar corvette, and so it will be for the colony ship. T'lesir ships appear like comets streaking across the universe, not like any ship of the beings of flesh.

"We, the T'lesir Core, have called the colony nucleus "V'haelar", which in our language means "Coming with the dawn". We, the T'lesir, are training our settlers in the ways of the mind-sharing and the gathering, that they may easily join with the colony nucleus in the voyage. Those who succeed in the training will be sent on the nucleus; those who fail will remain in New T'lesir, to be trained further.

"We, the T'lesir, wish only peace among the races of the galaxy; we believe the cosmos to be wide enough that no reason could exist for invasions. For this reason, the T'lesir Core wishes to ensure any empires of our desire for peace; at the same time we, the T'lesir Core, wish to let all empires know that our peacefulness does not equate with weakness, and we are determined to protect our people, as well as difficult to destroy.

"We, the T'lesir Core, thank you for the words you will spend about our people in the newspaper you work for."

The disturbing Erkirithi-Sha stated, "The Empire of the Erkirithi-Sha intends to expand into further colonies, wherever we find planets in our imperial sphere. We do not claim hegemony over this region by any divine right; it is only through our own efforts - and the guidance of the Great Assisted-Divinity of the Emperor - that we make our own destiny."

The Krullen declined to comment, but their colonisation attempt was equally successful. Yet this race is know for its elite warriors. I wonder if its refusal to comment was a sign that it is covering a military expansion as opposed to a social or commerical one?

However, all the empires can look to the stars and feel proud that they are amongst the first to make it to another world.

The first step has been taken, but I just hope it is not the first step towards war.

G'Klek O'Doherty
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

ross154alliance wrote: It is equally easy to ignore any talk of peace, and go straight to the attack/defense stage, Vishal. However, I would think that since they are both equally easy, the more profitable course would be peace.

Think on this, no?
Peace is the desirable outcome, but when threatened, expecting peace is a sign of either weakness or ignorance. Why not be prepared for war should it come? To not be prepared is to roll over and die willingly.
T'lesir Core
Stonedownor

Post by T'lesir Core »

We, the T'lesir, would wish to extend to every other race our desire for a peaceful coexistence. To this end, we, the T'lesir Core, have given much thought to the matter, and have decided how we could do our part to help all other civilizations achieve greater prosperity.

We, the T'lesir, are gifted with great intelligence and skill in research; as a consequence we, the T'lesir, can save many resources when performing research. We, the T'lesir Core, wish to publicly announce we are willing to assist any race that requests help in performing valuable research. To this end, hereby is our proposal:

We, the T'lesir, are willing to enter into talks with any race who wishes to avail itself of our efficiency to perform research. Research performed through our scientists will be cheaper than standard research; we, the T'lesir, estimate it to be at least two ColCreds cheaper than it would otherwise be. We, the T'lesir, require no additional payment for ourselves, as we will also benefit from the research; therefore, the race who wishes to avail itself of our skills will only have to pay for the research itself.
Unless otherwise decided during our talks, we, the T'lesir, will only start the required research once we receive the ColCreds required for it.
We, the T'lesir, will not ask questions as to the purpose of the research; however, our offer is not for openly hostile empires.

Should any of the empires of the galaxy be interested in learning about our offer, we, the T'lesir Core, await your communications.

Peace be.
Atrus
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Atrus »

Dorian wrote: Peace is the desirable outcome, but when threatened, expecting peace is a sign of either weakness or ignorance. Why not be prepared for war should it come? To not be prepared is to roll over and die willingly.
I agree, it is good to be prepared. All that I ask is that you not jump TOO quickly to any conclusions in the future.
Erkirithi-Sha
Ramen

Post by Erkirithi-Sha »

The offer of the T'lesir Core is an excellent one. The Empire of the Erkirithi-Sha, however, shall not be taking it up. We have a natural gift and inclination for science, and can research our own technologies at least as cheaply as the T'lesir Core is capable of doing.
"To promote the Empire of the Erkirithi-Sha, through science, and through the Assisted-Divinity of the Everlasting Emperor; to advance and to evolve always forward, throwing off the mawkish sentimentality of lesser beings; to suffer no imposition; and to accept no destiny but that which we make. These were the aims of The Servants of The Emperor, and these are the aims of all true Erkirithi. Long shall prevail the will of the Emperor" - the last words of Ukule-Thaid, convicted of the assassination of Chairman Kleth, 432nd cycle.
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Celebrations

Post by Dorian »

Guide Shinto'Sha went and stood on the balcony of the golden prism of the guides.

The parades that had been going on for this last year were nearing an end. Once every few weeks the people had been given a large parade to celebrate their new found place in the galaxy as a space faring race.

He looked down on the majestic military parade. Soldiers in their immaculate armour and their large masculine hover tanks marched down the street, while horns announced their march. Behind them, a thousand workers walked, beating drums with their strong thick arms.

Shinto"Sha looked over to another prism balcony where he saw the empires new quests. They were wearing robes supplied by the Vishal. He could see that they were impressed by the display. He wondered what they were thinking.

He was worried. He had learnt alot in the last year. He looked over his troops with admiration. They stood proud and strong and he knew he could rely on each one to give their life for the Great Goal. As would any Vishal.

The discovery of a new world was a good sign. They could start preparing to move their race to a new home world and leave this shattered planet.

Another guide came and stood beside him.

"Guide Shinto'Sha, our new guests are here with a translator. Would you like to talk with them? We have much to discuss."

Shinto'Sha stood tall and looked lovingly upon the sea of Vishal in the streets. He then turned and stepped towards the future of the Vishal.

Return to “Empires”