The Rise and Fall of Empires (GAME THREAD)

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Erkirithi-Sha
Ramen

Post by Erkirithi-Sha »

It is the considered opinion of the Erkirithi-Sha that the wormhole should be safely guarded by the T'Lesir, an enlightened and benevolent species. Therefore, we announce our support for the T'Lesir Core's expansion into the territories they have specified. Though we do not wish to engulf space in war, we are prepared to support the T'Lesir in this expansion with our armed forces - if necessary.

Another matter of import must be brought to the attention of the Galactic Community. An assassin has murdered Maku-Inithi, the acting governor of Itu-Minor. This assassin was not an Erkirithi and, thus, the death of Maku-Inithi can not be considered an act of reform. The assassin was a Krullenn. Though the assassin was a Krullenn, we do not believe it very likely that the sponsors of this butchery were the Krullenn themselves. No species would be so dull-witted as to use a member of their own race to cause discord so blatantly with another.

The Empire of the Erkirithi-Sha are offering the perpetrators a once only opportunity to admit to the crime. The admission can be made publicly or privately. Recompense to the value of 6CCs must also be paid to us. If we do not receive this apology and, if we discover the true identity of the conspirators on our own volition, we shall have no recourse but to declare war upon the species responsible. We will prosecute this war to our satisfaction.

It is regrettable that, although we have made no hostile overtures to the inhabitants of this galaxy, there are those who wish to sow discord amongst us. We do not fear war, and we have no doubt that we would emerge victorious from one. Those who wish to make themselves our enemies should be mindful of our inherent superiority.

Long shall prevail the will of the Emperor.

Ehteisei-Kuhm,
Conciliator
Last edited by Erkirithi-Sha on Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
"To promote the Empire of the Erkirithi-Sha, through science, and through the Assisted-Divinity of the Everlasting Emperor; to advance and to evolve always forward, throwing off the mawkish sentimentality of lesser beings; to suffer no imposition; and to accept no destiny but that which we make. These were the aims of The Servants of The Emperor, and these are the aims of all true Erkirithi. Long shall prevail the will of the Emperor" - the last words of Ukule-Thaid, convicted of the assassination of Chairman Kleth, 432nd cycle.
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

The Triumverate of the Vishal is outraged to hear that a race has taken it upon themselves to attempt underhand conflict. We want it well known that we will support the Erkirithi Sha in actions they take against the attackers, and we will not offer aid or trade to the race responsible.

We also agree tha the T'lesir Core are suited to the job of wormhole wardens. We too will be placing enhanced at our end of the worm hole chain, and any non friendly ships that pass through will be viewed as making an act of war.

Regards Guide Shinto'Sha
Atrus
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Atrus »

I am against any one particular race claiming a position of authority over the wormhole, although I will not militarily fight against it.

Space is open to all, and it sadens me that again measures are being taken against non-existant "aggressive actions."
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

Our position over this is not so much an action against you all. If you get in touch in advance, than we will be more than willing to allow you through with good reason.

Our stance is aimed at races from elsewhere in the galaxy. We have strong reason to believe that these wormhole link us to other races around the galaxy. We wont share the information just yet, but it is certainly damning evidence.

As such, we are doing the area as a whole a favor, by preparing to take the blow, should the afore mentioned happen.

Regards
Guide Shinto'Sha
Atrus
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Atrus »

I understand your reasoning, but feel that it could be expressed in a different manner. Although, in your specific case, it is understandable. Being so close to a wormhole, you are in prime position for sneak attack.
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

We arent completely closing off the gate, think of us more as gate keepers. We are just taking precautions. It is not anything threatening.

And as we have mentioned, there are races in this galaxy that we could not possibly imagine meeting with were it not for these worm holes. It is of our opinion that races here need to realize that there is more going on in this galaxy than we think in our small pond

However, your concern is duly noted and understood, and we wish to lay your mind at rest. Trade vessels will always be more than welcome, as will any other peaceful craft. Just give us prior notice with your intent. For everyones safety
Atrus
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Atrus »

Dorian wrote:We arent completely closing off the gate, think of us more as gate keepers. We are just taking precautions. It is not anything threatening.

And as we have mentioned, there are races in this galaxy that we could not possibly imagine meeting with were it not for these worm holes. It is of our opinion that races here need to realize that there is more going on in this galaxy than we think in our small pond

However, your concern is duly noted and understood, and we wish to lay your mind at rest. Trade vessels will always be more than welcome, as will any other peaceful welcome. Just give us prior notice with your intent. For everyones safety
It is understandable, and I make no accusations, I hope you can understand my concern. For with little effort at all, a LARGE force could be moved into the immediate area of my people, very quickly. For this reason, among others, I have begun building a small contingent of ships to safegaurd my people.

This is NOT in response to any one act by any one race, but I felt it was as good a time as any to alert my neighbors.
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

That is understandable, and we infact recommend such action.

We will be in touch for further discussions soon. You wont be as alone as you would think.

Regards, guide Shinto'Sha
Atrus
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Atrus »

Dorian wrote:That is understandable, and we infact recommend such action.

We will be in touch for further discussions soon. You wont be as alone as you would think.
Well, I appreciate the warning and await your further information.

Captain Renard
Eugen Razvan
Giantfriend

Post by Eugen Razvan »

Galactic Daily News

Issue 1022

Galactic Disaster

The skies will remain like black velvet with thousands of glittering diamonds sewn in. Most of the galaxy will not see the extent of the catastrophe, except for the empires nearest the event. Within a few years their skies will light up as with a majestic light show - as beautiful as it horrifying - as the light arrives after traveling vast distances through space.

Yesterday a new wormhole system opened up, linking the region beyond the gulf to an area of space near the Krullen Empire. The Hive Will was the first species to discover the new gateway, perhaps moments after the wormholes were born. However, they played no part in the creation of the holes - their birth is the result of a massive fluctuation in the fabric of hyperspace.

Hyperspace, according to most physicists is space composed of higher dimensions. It is these dimensions that allows faster than light travel. However, it is not another universe that vessels vanish into. It's an extra part of our universe - hidden dimensions (dimensions meaning width, breadth, height, time, space) - that FTL drives access in order to travel. It is difficult to use an analogy for other dimensions - one cannot describe them - but the best one that can be used is that our universe is like the surface of an ocean. Below and above that is hyperspace. Thus, the sky and the ocean depths represent the dimensions of hyperspace. Their effect upon this universe can be likened to 'extensions'; the extensions of hyperspace make the scud of waves, the way the wind blows across the surface. The waves are the extensions of pressure moving underneath the water.

With this anaology in mind, let us consider the disaster (I hope this writer can be forgiven for his dry essay. To simply write of the event in emotional tones does not inform the reader of anything over than their own feelings, which is condescending and merely feeding the pain). Some event in hyperspace was large and powerful enough to create an immense 'tidal wave' of force. The wave manifested in normal space as a shock that tore several stars apart and allowed some of the hidden dimensions to 'bleed' into reality. Thus, as stars were being ripped into storms of pure energy and heated gas, their contents were also forced to expand into deep space at faster than the speed of light. In this way, the death of at least ten stars resulted in the creation of a vast nebula - the Great Nebula, as some are already calling it. The Great Nebula covers G5-7, H5-7, I5-6, and J5-k5.

Within a few hours, the storm in hyperspace ended, returning space to normal. Now, all that remains is rapidly cooling gas - the remnants of the stars, and strange energies that seem to help warships defend themselves better yet slow FTL drives down - and the ruins of two empires.

The Children and the Orions are gone. All that remains of both empires are storms of radiation and gas, immense torrents of magnetic and gravitational fields, and scattered belts of asteroids. Perhaps the homeworlds were sucked into hyperspace and deposited in some other region of the galaxy, but I do not wish to promote others into hopeful and perhaps vain thinking. It is more than likely that they have been destroyed.

Two unique cultures are now gone. But that is not the only cost. G'klek O'Doherty was trailing a story about some beings made of pure energy manipulating stars. His ship, and presumably himself, was destroyed in the calamity.

In closing, I send my best wishes to all in this region of the galaxy. Yet they will not be enough . . .

The Editor.

TRIPARTITE ACCORD

This treaty is an agreement between three parties to recognise the territories of the respective signatories. The signatories to this accord are the Empire of the Erkirithi-Sha, the T’Lesir Core, and the Triumvirate of the Vishal. Each party agrees to the following articles.

ARTICLE 1 A – The Empire of the Erkirithi-Sha, in respects to this treaty encompasses fully the territories F 1-3, G 1-4, H1-4, I 1-4, J 4-5, and K 4-5.
B – The T’Lesir Core territories encompass J 7-10, K 7-10, L 7-10, M 5-10, N 5, O 5, and N 8-9.
C – The Triumvirate of the Vishal territories encompass Q 1-6, R 1-6, and S 1-6.

ARTICLE 2 A– Both the T’Lesir Core and the Triumvirate of the Vishal agree to station defensive fleets at the wormholes N 5 and R 6 respectively; while the Erkirithi-Sha hold the Khatan homeworld as a protectorate.
B – Neither the Truimvirate of the Vishal, the T’Lesir Core, nor the Accord members as a collective entity claim sole ownership of the wormholes. Peaceable traffic through the wormholes shall be permitted. The signatories reserve the right to deny passage of any vessels deemed to be a threat to galactic stability.

ARTICLE 3 – If any of the territories in Articles 1 and 2 are attacked by a party who is not a signatory to the Accord, the signatories must come to the aid of the aggrieved party. This aid may be in the form of a declaration of war against the aggressor, or in the subsidisation of two or more vessels of destroyer class or higher, or two or more armoured divisions or higher – payable in Column Credits - to the aggrieved member.

ARTICLE 4 – Aggression by a signatory, outside of the territories recognised in the Articles 1 and 2, does not require the other signatories to lend assistance as stipulated in Article 3. Signatories are in no way obliged to assist another Accord member expanding beyond the territories recognised in Articles 1 and 2.

ARTICLE 5 - The Tripartite Accord shall be valid for a period of four years, thereafter extended at the leisure of the signatory parties.
Atrus
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Atrus »

Galactic Daily News wrote: ARTICLE 2 A– Both the T’Lesir Core and the Triumvirate of the Vishal agree to station defensive fleets at the wormholes N 5 and R 6 respectively; while the Erkirithi-Sha hold the Khatan homeworld as a protectorate.
B – Neither the Truimvirate of the Vishal, the T’Lesir Core, nor the Accord members as a collective entity claim sole ownership of the wormholes. Peaceable traffic through the wormholes shall be permitted. The signatories reserve the right to deny passage of any vessels deemed to be a threat to galactic stability.

ARTICLE 3 – If any of the territories in Articles 1 and 2 are attacked by a party who is not a signatory to the Accord, the signatories must come to the aid of the aggrieved party. This aid may be in the form of a declaration of war against the aggressor, or in the subsidisation of two or more vessels of destroyer class or higher, or two or more armoured divisions or higher – payable in Column Credits - to the aggrieved member.
We will not support such a monopoly of power. Who are you three, indeed, ANY of us to claim ownership over such positions of power. Who is there to stop you three from dividing the only resistence left, should you decided to abuse such power?

No, we will not support nor recognize this aspect of your treaty. We have no problems with alliances, indeed we have ones of our own, but to apply such an exclusive protocol to something so powerfull is wrong. These wormholes are for the galaxy to use, and to have our ships placed under your definitions of "peacefull" is wrong. I do not see problem now, for I am sure only the best intentions are in place, but absolute power corrupts absolutely. And right now, you three have absolute power over the wormholes with this Treaty.
Erkirithi-Sha
Ramen

Post by Erkirithi-Sha »

The right by which we (the signatories) dictate the peacable policy of the territories mentioned, and the use of the wormholes, is only the right we have created. The articles bind only the members of the Accord to act; you can ignore the Accord if you wish - though the repercussions may be unpleasant. Nevertheless, I feel it important to mention that the Accord deals with only two of the five currently known wormholes. We have made no claims over the others.

You are a valued neighbour and trade partner to our species, and we have not acted with any attention to offend. Nonetheless, the Accord is negtiable only amongst the signatories.

Ehteisei-Kuhm,
Conciliator
"To promote the Empire of the Erkirithi-Sha, through science, and through the Assisted-Divinity of the Everlasting Emperor; to advance and to evolve always forward, throwing off the mawkish sentimentality of lesser beings; to suffer no imposition; and to accept no destiny but that which we make. These were the aims of The Servants of The Emperor, and these are the aims of all true Erkirithi. Long shall prevail the will of the Emperor" - the last words of Ukule-Thaid, convicted of the assassination of Chairman Kleth, 432nd cycle.
Atrus
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Atrus »

Erkirithi-Sha wrote:The right by which we (the signatories) dictate the peacable policy of the territories mentioned, and the use of the wormholes, is only the right we have created. The articles bind only the members of the Accord to act; you can ignore the Accord if you wish - though the repercussions may be unpleasant. Nevertheless, I feel it important to mention that the Accord deals with only two of the five currently known wormholes. We have made no claims over the others.

You are a valued neighbour and trade partner to our species, and we have not acted with any attention to offend. Nonetheless, the Accord is negtiable only amongst the signatories.

Ehteisei-Kuhm,
Conciliator
The Accord will not be ignored, but it WILL not be recognized as a binding law for my people. It is the seed of tyrany, be it the first step or the last.

You are correct, though, that the only binding rules in this galaxy are the ones we make ourselves, through strength. It is dissapointing, though that the Accord is negotiable only by the members. That will inevitably lead to a power struggle by those within and those without of the Accord, however I hope it does not come to such a struggle.

~Captain Renard
Erkirithi-Sha
Ramen

Post by Erkirithi-Sha »

The only condition through which the Accord can lead to violence is if non-signatories aggress in the territories it encompasses. Signatories who aggress outside of the territories mentioned in the articles will find that their fellow signatories have no obligation to support them. At its heart, the Accord is a garuntee of territorial claims, and a means of establishing peace. If you have no intentions on the territories mentioned in the Accord, you have no real reason to be concerned about it.

The Empire of the Erkirithi-Sha has no desire to start any wars, and we are enjoying the benefits of a free trade in the galaxy at this moment.

Ehteisei-Kuhm,
Conciliator
Atrus
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Atrus »

a means of establishing peace.

Who's peace? Yours? Mine?

It is the fundamental question we are all beginning to see, that the only peace or aggression that take precedence in this galaxy is the one we enforce ourselves. Whether the peace made is only a mask of tyranny will be seen in time.
Iblis
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Iblis »

The Free Traders are always in favour of free trade. :lol:

We once again remind the factions that any who seek profitable trade routes or access to our exclusive technologies need only contact us. Everything is negotiable.
Now because You have led me astray, I shall surely sit in ambush for them on Your straight path.

Erkirithi-Sha
Ramen

Post by Erkirithi-Sha »

ross154alliance wrote: a means of establishing peace.

Who's peace? Yours? Mine?
Unquestionably, the peace is that dictated by the signatories of the Accord. It seems unlikely that this peace will be counter to any orthodox conceptions of the word.

You must consider, as we have already mentioned, that the Accord deals with only two of the five wormholes. There is a wormhole close to your empire that you could exercise similiar authority over, if you so desire.
ross154alliance wrote: It is the fundamental question we are all beginning to see, that the only peace or aggression that take precedence in this galaxy is the one we enforce ourselves.
Undeniably. This is a fundamental order of nature. The strong enforce their own laws, and the weak follow. The Accord is not an expansionist doctrine. It merely enforces territorial boundaries which were so far unclaimed. The Ross 154, or any other intelligent species, have nothing to fear from the Accord, unless they desire to aggress against those territories. As access to other wormholes - outside of those mentioned in the Accord - still exists, there is nothing to debate.
ross154alliance wrote: Whether the peace made is only a mask of tyranny will be seen in time.
We seek no aggrandisement of our empire over your people, thus, you have no cause to fear what you might call 'tyranny'. This is an odd concept, at least in the connotations that some species seem to have of it. The will of the Great Assisted-Divinity of the Emperor is enforced without equivocation on the people of Utara-Mikud and the colonies. No Erkirithi has the right to question Imperial Prescriptions. Is this tyranny? Please elaborate your definition to avoid diplomatic ambiguity.

Ehteisei-Kuhm,
Conciliator
Atrus
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Atrus »

Our people believe in the able leading the unable in way that benefit the unable. In that way, the unable support the able so they may be free to lead them.

It is not our way to take support from the unable without giving anything back.

The control of the wormholes resemble taking without giving, for only you three have the ability to dictate what goes through them, yes? Though you are doing such for peace, you leave no leeway for the ones you "protect". You have taken power over the wormholes, and offered sweet words that imply protection over aggressive ships, but this is beneficial to you only, but allowing no challenge to your hold.

This tyranny I speak of is not over the Ross 154 alliance in particular, it is a first step over the galaxy as a whole. Ownership over a wormhole allows control of movement, and in distances of light years, distance is everything.

I feel that my words have been interpreted as an accusation, it was not my intent. I am merely trying to make my concerns very clear.

~Captain Renard.
T'lesir Core
Stonedownor

Post by T'lesir Core »

We, the T'lesir, have chosen to take over stewardship of the wormhole near our space because of logistical considerations, among other things. As the wormhole is close to our space, anything that came out of it with hostile intentions would be likely to pass by us or the Faceless Ones, and threats such as the Hive Will would undoubtly not be choosy in their targets. Because of this, we, the T'lesir Core, have established that leaving the wormhole undefended and unguarded would only put our empire at risk of surprise attacks; the Vishal, on their part, have reached similar conclusions - though they guard their wormhole in order to avoid the Hive Will to use it, for the most part. In this way, both the T'lesir and the Vishal choose to stand guard by the wormholes in order to avoid harm to their people or any other empire: it is not our intent, nor it is the intent of the Accord, to limit trade or movement of non-hostile fleets.

We believe, in agreement with the Erkirithi-Sha and the Vishal, that peaceful vessels may freely travel through the wormholes: "peaceful" meaning vessels which do not belong to declaredly hostile races (such as the Hive Will) or to empires which have declared war (or are known to wage war) against a member of the Tripartite Accord or an empire on the other side of the wormhole. The vessels that will be forbidden from entering the wormholes can therefore be distinguished as follows:

A) They belong to a race that is openly hostile against every other empire, such as the Hive Will;

B) They belong to an empire who is hostile (i.e. declared war, wages war, or can be demonstrated to be acting in a hostile manner, such as by sending spies or saboteurs) to one of the empires on the other side (for instance, a vessel trying to use the Vishal-warded wormhole and known to belong to an empire which declared war on the Ross 154 alliance);

C) They belong to an empire who is hostile (i.e. declared war, wages war, or can be demonstrated to be acting in a hostile manner, such as by sending spies or saboteurs) to one of the empires of the Tripartite Accord.

As none of our races is tyrannic or unfair, we, the T'lesir Core, on our part intend to ensure that any refusal be validated: for instance, in the Free Traders had proof the Faceless Ones were sending spies in their midst, but they did not provide us with this information (and proof of its truth), we would not prevent Faceless Ones ships from crossing through the wormhole in sector N5 (which could allow them to reach an area of space closer to the Free Traders).

We, the T'lesir Core, will of course keep abreast of visible wars; we also thereby encourage empires to inform us tempestively if another empire is covertly attacking them (providing us with proof), should they wish us to restrict the passage of ships from the attacker through the wormhole.

In the interest of trade, we, the T'lesir Core, agree to allow trade vessels from any empire through the wormhole, even if they belong to an empire which falls under one of the categories above; however, we reserve the right to prevent this at any time, if the empire uses this loophole to provide their armies with additional supplies or if they use trade ships to masquerade their war activities.
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

Greetings fellow leaders of the galaxy.

We have chosen to remain quiet in this debate, allowing our fellow accord members to explain the situation. However, we feel that an act similar to that of banging ones head against a wall to be pointless to an extent.

The simple truth is that we have chosen to guard this wormhole from, and only from, hostile races. Now, to state that you have concerns with this makes us wonder, what do you have to worry about? We were lead to believe that you were an non hostile race, so why be so concerned?

We understand that you can see this as a attempt to monopolize and control movement around the system, but it is simply a case of us wishing to protect the galaxy, and in particular the weaker races. We, The right and honorable Triumverate of the Vishal, are one of the few races to live near an openly hostile race. Thus, we have a different view on the matter than the more peaceful amongst you. You should deem yourselves somewhat lucky that we have placed ourselves between you and this threat.

Also, we are slightly concerned that we have imparted knowledge of other matter of concern to you, in an effort to start an alliance, that directly concerns this matter, and yet you still question it.

Now, we must leave to ponder these matters.

Regards, Guide Shinto'Sha

Return to “Empires”