Anyone else being a nerd on Friday night?

And the Harry Potter series.

Moderator: Menolly

sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

Seafoam Understone wrote:Gads I'm evil... I should be burned on-top of a pile of badly written books...

Had a horrible thought... go to a Potter Party be holding the book opened at the last few pages (without reading) and then lament Loudly as I can... HARRY'S DEAD! then wail walking out the door crying repeatedly, HARRY'S DEAD VOLDY LIVED!

So mean...

I know
That is EVIL, only a Death Eater would do such a thing. I'm sure you would find no shortage of people with lighter fluid and a match to get the blaze going. Thing is, in order to be sure if you were being evil or just cruel, you'd have to actually spoil yourself to know if it was true or not (i have a small thought in the back of my mind that Voldemort may be possessed by an evil entity and that Harry doesn't need to kill Tom, he only needs to vanquish Voldemort from Tom, and then Tom won't be such a bad guy afterall. This of course is not a thought I put too much credence into, but, I don't dismiss the possibility)
Seafoam Understone
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Seafoam Understone »

sindatur wrote:
Seafoam Understone wrote:Gads I'm evil... I should be burned on-top of a pile of badly written books...

Had a horrible thought... go to a Potter Party be holding the book opened at the last few pages (without reading) and then lament Loudly as I can... HARRY'S DEAD! then wail walking out the door crying repeatedly, HARRY'S DEAD VOLDY LIVED!

So mean...

I know
That is EVIL, only a Death Eater would do such a thing. I'm sure you would find no shortage of people with lighter fluid and a match to get the blaze going. Thing is, in order to be sure if you were being evil or just cruel, you'd have to actually spoil yourself to know if it was true or not (i have a small thought in the back of my mind that Voldemort may be possessed by an evil entity and that Harry doesn't need to kill Tom, he only needs to vanquish Voldemort from Tom, and then Tom won't be such a bad guy afterall. This of course is not a thought I put too much credence into, but, I don't dismiss the possibility)
It is the evil part of me... maybe I'm possessed by the same entity as Voldymort. :twisted: "Kill the spare!" :twisted:

Interesting hypothesis but question is if Rowling has thought of that route and discarded it... or kept it. Tom was in Slytherin in the beginning and was a bad boy to begin with when Dumbledore found him in that foster home/school. Being in Slytherin probably enhanced his proclivities for being evil.
We'll find out in a few days and through the dissection.
remember the Oath Of Peace!

https://ralph.rigidtech.com
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

Oh, I don't neccessarily believe it, it is however, roughly the same time period that DD defeated Grindelwald, though, so if the "Big Bad" has always been the same entity... And it would provide JKR with a way not to have to write a 17 year old boy actually killing someone, if she's squeamish about it because of all the children who are readers. I find it less likely to be true, but, I can't completely dismiss the idea of a possessing entity because of all this, and her ancestor/descendant remark in CoS(?) that she seems to have flopped back and forth on. If Voldemort is Syltherin's last remaining ancestor, gotta be something strange at work (This theory or time travel, and we haven't seen another time travel device aside from the time turner, and I can't imagine turning that thing for every hour required to go back in time 1000 years.)
I Never Fail To Be Astounded By The Things We Do For Promises - Ronnie James Dio (All The Fools Sailed Away)

Remember, everytime you drag someone through the mud, you're down in the mud with them

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain

Where are we going...and... WHY are we in a handbasket?

Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

OOOH! We are gonna find out in a few days! This is so exciting. Sin, thanks for the tip. I am gonna check just after 10 to see if it came yet. Then I am gonna do NOTHING but read for the rest of the day. :P
Now if I could just find a way to wear live bees as jewelry all the time.....

www.fantasybedtimehour.com
Seafoam Understone
<i>Haruchai</i>

sindatur wrote:Oh, I don't neccessarily believe it, it is however, roughly the same time period that DD defeated Grindelwald, though, so if the "Big Bad" has always been the same entity... And it would provide JKR with a way not to have to write a 17 year old boy actually killing someone, if she's squeamish about it because of all the children who are readers. I find it less likely to be true, but, I can't completely dismiss the idea of a possessing entity because of all this, and her ancestor/descendant remark in CoS(?) that she seems to have flopped back and forth on. If Voldemort is Syltherin's last remaining ancestor, gotta be something strange at work (This theory or time travel, and we haven't seen another time travel device aside from the time turner, and I can't imagine turning that thing for every hour required to go back in time 1000 years.)
What? It's only 525 million 600 thousand times! Geez not that bad! :P

Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

If any time turners survived, they were different sizes, right? Could the largest ones have equaled decades or centuries for each turn?
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

Seafoam Understone wrote:
sindatur wrote:Oh, I don't neccessarily believe it, it is however, roughly the same time period that DD defeated Grindelwald, though, so if the "Big Bad" has always been the same entity... And it would provide JKR with a way not to have to write a 17 year old boy actually killing someone, if she's squeamish about it because of all the children who are readers. I find it less likely to be true, but, I can't completely dismiss the idea of a possessing entity because of all this, and her ancestor/descendant remark in CoS(?) that she seems to have flopped back and forth on. If Voldemort is Syltherin's last remaining ancestor, gotta be something strange at work (This theory or time travel, and we haven't seen another time travel device aside from the time turner, and I can't imagine turning that thing for every hour required to go back in time 1000 years.)
What? It's only 525 million 600 thousand times! Geez not that bad! :P
Did you take into account 250 leap years and the amount of hours it would take to make that many turns? Would you need to? ;) :D

Menolly, certainly anything we don't know about could always be. :D
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

So mean...

I know
I don't think you'd get out of the door. You'd probably be lynched. :D
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Slightly less mean, you could try, "What, she killed--?!" then pretend to notice the angry fans before you finish the sentence. Hehe.
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

You guys are mean....and funny! :P :twisted:
Now if I could just find a way to wear live bees as jewelry all the time.....

www.fantasybedtimehour.com
Seafoam Understone
<i>Haruchai</i>

Cagliostro wrote:

So mean...

I know
I don't think you'd get out of the door. You'd probably be lynched. :D
Either that or be turned into a ferret! :lol:

And THEN be fed to Buckbeak... alive!

Return to “J.K. Rowling Forum”