Anyone else being a nerd on Friday night?

And the Harry Potter series.

Moderator: Menolly

Lord Mhoram
Lord

Anyone else being a nerd on Friday night?

Post by Lord Mhoram »

I'm going to the midnight party at a nearby Barnes & Noble.

Anyone else doing this?

I want to read that damn book.
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

I have to wait for the Amazon.com delivery, which is going to be sometime on Saturday.
stormrider
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by stormrider »

I waited around in Barnes & Noble for hours the night the fifth one came out, and after that I decided I'd rather have the books shipped to me. It was okay at first, but after a while I got sick of standing next to a bunch of loud, hyper people dressed up in witch/wizard costumes, as if Halloween had come early. I'd rather just wait for the mail.
“...The conversations had a nightmare flatness, talking dice spilled in the tube metal chairs, human aggregates disintegrating in cosmic inanity, random events in a dying universe where everything is exactly what it appears to be and no other relation than juxtaposition is possible.”

“There are two kinds of sufferers in this world: those who suffer from a lack of life, and those who suffer from an overabundance.”

"Meantime we shall express our darker purpose."
Astavyastataa Kadna
Bloodguard

Post by Astavyastataa Kadna »

As to the question ... I am a nerd EVERY night!!

As to the Book - it is due in the mail on the 21st!
Last edited by Astavyastataa Kadna on Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

I'll be at Books-a-Million, having a blast as I won't have to keep an eye out for Beorn. Woo-hoo! I get to read it first this time.

Yes, I will actually put my journey to the Tower aside until I finish this book...

BTW, welcome L-rd of Chaos. What a surprise to see you here. *curtsy* Especially considering what I thought you were doing. ;)
A Gunslinger
The Gap Into Spam

Post by A Gunslinger »

I'll be going to a party at Brown Street Books in Rhinelander, WI...and what's more...I may...just MAY outnerd y'all by dressing as Snape and picking on the many Potters that are there....I just need to find a black wig.....
"I use my gun whenever kindness fails"

ImageImage
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Oh cool, Guns!!!

Take and share photos!!!
Usivius
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Usivius »

I wouldn't mind, but I am just too damn lazy.
I didn't even pre-order.
I wil just pick up a copy when I come to work on Monday --- must have the "adult cover" ... heheheh

until then, I will not read anything or listen to anyone....

:)
~...with a floating smile and a light blue sponge...~
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

I was planning on going to a party on Friday at Barnes & Noble, but the girlfriend's brother is coming in town, I found out last night. Still, if they pass out early, then we might sneak out and do it. Too bad that it's up in the air for the last book. Oh well.

Oh, and I usually don't wait in the line there. I just like to see Halloween come early. Someone dressed up as a hippogriff last time. That was very cool. I just expect this time to be nuts. Dammit...I wish it was a certainty.
But usually I go to the grocery store at midnight and buy it. It is always cheaper, and the lines aren't nearly as long.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

*nod*

Yeah, I go for the fun and games as well. I then buy Beorn's (my) copy at Wal-Mart.
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

Oh Dear Lord.....

I officially bow down my leader spot in the Dorkus Amorkus club to A Gunslinger. He just out dorked me. I freaking lurve you Guns. That's HIGH - sterical. Seriously. I preordered mine on Amazon and then realized that I had it shipped to my work address and I don't work on weekends. That means I have to roll by the shop around three which is when the mail normally gets here.....
Now if I could just find a way to wear live bees as jewelry all the time.....

www.fantasybedtimehour.com
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

Cameraman Jenn wrote:Oh Dear Lord.....

I officially bow down my leader spot in the Dorkus Amorkus club to A Gunslinger. He just out dorked me. I freaking lurve you Guns. That's HIGH - sterical. Seriously. I preordered mine on Amazon and then realized that I had it shipped to my work address and I don't work on weekends. That means I have to roll by the shop around three which is when the mail normally gets here.....
3? You sure Jen? I never order them express, just standard delivery, and they are guaranteed by 10am. Our mail usually arrives that early anyways, but, I'd double check on that if I was you.

Way to go Gunslinger.
Alynna Lis Eachann
Lord

Post by Alynna Lis Eachann »

I was gonna sit around all excited and wait for it to get delivered on Saturday... and then realized I'm going kayaking this weekend and I won't be around to open the package. *shrug* Truthfully, I'm more excited about the kayaking. I'm gonna make sure my mom opens it, though, so at least she can get a leg up on reading.
"We probably could have saved ourselves, but we were too damned lazy to try very hard... and too damn cheap." - Kurt Vonnegut

"Now if you remember all great paintings have an element of tragedy to them. Uh, for instance if you remember from last week, the unicorn was stuck on the aircraft carrier and couldn't get off. That was very sad. " - Kids in the Hall
Phantasm
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Phantasm »

Not going to any parties or anything as dorky as that ( :biggrin: ), but I will be heading down to Tesco for midnight, and it'll be my wifes turn to get up early with the kids on Saturday so I can readfor a few hours when I get it.
Quote - John Smeaton (Terrorists take note)

"This is Glasgow- we'll just set aboot ye"

Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

Nope. Friday is my birthday. It would be a pinnacle of lame if I were to spend the evening with a bunch of HP nerds at Borders. :P :lol:

Besides, I haven't read any of the HP books. ;)
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

I'm too cheap to buy it new. I figure I'll wait a week and borrow it from someone. :D
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Like the Donaldson I read, I would put my name on the list and wait (forevah!!) to read it from the library. But, Beorn has all the others, and loves to reread them. He has to have this one new for himself as well.

And as long as he's getting it, I may as well read it while he's away. muh-WAH-ha-ha-ha-ha...
Trapper
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Trapper »

I'm planning to rock into the bookstore where I reserved a copy months ago about mid-day on Saturday.

There'll be lots of 10 yr-olds in Potter glasses there who've read a few chapters already, but I'm just gonna get out of there as fast as I can.
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Menolly wrote:Like the Donaldson I read, I would put my name on the list and wait (forevah!!) to read it from the library. But, Beorn has all the others, and loves to reread them. He has to have this one new for himself as well.

And as long as he's getting it, I may as well read it while he's away. muh-WAH-ha-ha-ha-ha...
Me too! Me too! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

MagickMaker is away with her grandmother 'til early Sunday morning, so I have ALL DAY Saturday to read her copy! Muahahahahaha!

Batty is working the midnight release party at her old Books A Million (the one where she worked last summer), so I'll be there to pick her up when it's over. Not sure I'll be there for much of the party, tho. Last time, I helped with the party, but the store has a different manager now and nobody's asked me to help out. Which actually suits me just fine.... Last time, Batty dressed up as a Death Eater, and some clueless parent complained to her boss about the employee in the Phantom of the Opera costume. :roll: This time, she's going in a witch costume -- maybe she's aiming to be Bellatrix, I'm not sure (and, frankly, I'm not sure I want to know for sure...).

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Seafoam Understone
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Seafoam Understone »

Gads I'm evil... I should be burned on-top of a pile of badly written books...

Had a horrible thought... go to a Potter Party be holding the book opened at the last few pages (without reading) and then lament Loudly as I can... HARRY'S DEAD! then wail walking out the door crying repeatedly, HARRY'S DEAD VOLDY LIVED!

So mean...

I know
remember the Oath Of Peace!

https://ralph.rigidtech.com

Return to “J.K. Rowling Forum”