LXG

The KWMdB.

Moderators: dANdeLION, sgt.null

Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

LXG

Post by Fist and Faith »

A fun movie, to be sure. It goes a little overboard at times, imho, but still...

And I didn't know the comic book was written by Alan Moore! I guess I should read it, though I hear it is very different from the movie. But Moore is superb, so it's probably better.

Nemo is very impressive!

And Sean Connery is always a pleasure to see. (Remember his surprise appearance as Richard at the end of Costner's Robin Hood? :) )

I've never read any Oscar Wilde at all. Anybody? Is Dorian Gray a good book? He and the vampire were interesting in LXG.
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

That's encouraging Fist! Ebert-head wrote a scathing review--so scathing that Tam and I decided we didn't want 2 c it this morning...but u have renewed hope! Tom Sawyer, Allan Quartermaine, Nemo, Dr. Jekyl how cool...

We just watched Gangs of NY--damm WHAT an intense flick! Day-Lewis rules! (Eremis 4 sure!) I can't believe American ever survived itself, but it shows u what a melting pot it is 2 have a Scotman and a yank (w/an Italian last name) playing Irishmen vs an anti-Irish yank played by an Irishman. W/the love interest having a Hispanic last name and directed by some1 of Italian desent...whew!
fall far and well Pilots!
Infelice
Lord

Post by Infelice »

This is gonna seem like a REALLY dumb question but....What Is LXG??? and..... What does it have to do with vampires????? :? :oops: :roll:
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen--Connery plays Quartermaine and the girl who was seduced by Dracula is part of the team as well, just opened yesterday in the states...
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen--Connery plays Quartermaine and the girl who was seduced by Dracula is part of the team as well, just opened yesterday in the states...The Invisible Man, I believe, is in it as well...
Infelice
Lord

Post by Infelice »

Ahh.... It is all clear to me now.... I saw trailers at the cinema and yes it looks like a good movie. :)
caamora
The Purifier

Post by caamora »

I had no interest in seeing it. However, since reading your post, I might consider it. I just watch The Pianist last night. Pretty good movie!
The King has one more move.

Return to “Flicks”