Andy Dick gets what coming to him!

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

Usivius
The Gap Into Spam

Andy Dick gets what coming to him!

Post by Usivius »

And beleive it or not, it comes from John Lovitz!

Apparently John Lovitz was so ticked at Dick's bad comments (and overall vile behavious) that he grabbed his head and repeatedly rammed it in to a bar pole. :lol: 'Poor' Andy was bleeding all over the place.

It stems from a horrible comment Dick made to Lovitz abut giving him the Hartman curse (hinting that he would die soon). Not only was it in terrible form to wish a death on someone -- even a fellow comedian (and I use that term loosely with Dick), but to sasy it to a very good friend of the late Phil Hartman -- who was murdered!

My opinion of Lovitz went up 100 fold. My opinion of Dick can't get any lower, so it is with slightly embarrassed glee that I cheer the violence committed on Dick...

!!! :biggrin:
~...with a floating smile and a light blue sponge...~
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

www.kansascity.com/238/story/193273.html

Wow. I liked Dick's character on News Radio. I didn't realize what kind of guy he was in RL.
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
Usivius
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Usivius »

agreed. I liked everyone in News Radio ... but he is just a nasty guy in RL...
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

ANdy Dick should be exiled. why give a recovering addict coke after 10 years of sobriety? just to drag someone else down to his level?
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
bloodguard bob
Bloodguard

Post by bloodguard bob »

Andy was beggin' for a face smashing.
"...and if you do not listen, then to hell with you."
stormrider
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by stormrider »

Ah, I knew there was a reason I always liked Jon Lovitz.
“...The conversations had a nightmare flatness, talking dice spilled in the tube metal chairs, human aggregates disintegrating in cosmic inanity, random events in a dying universe where everything is exactly what it appears to be and no other relation than juxtaposition is possible.”

“There are two kinds of sufferers in this world: those who suffer from a lack of life, and those who suffer from an overabundance.”

"Meantime we shall express our darker purpose."
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

Go Lovitz! I can't stand Andy Dick. :P
Now if I could just find a way to wear live bees as jewelry all the time.....

www.fantasybedtimehour.com
Alynna Lis Eachann
Lord

Post by Alynna Lis Eachann »

Who are these people??
"We probably could have saved ourselves, but we were too damned lazy to try very hard... and too damn cheap." - Kurt Vonnegut

"Now if you remember all great paintings have an element of tragedy to them. Uh, for instance if you remember from last week, the unicorn was stuck on the aircraft carrier and couldn't get off. That was very sad. " - Kids in the Hall
Gil galad
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Gil galad »

I concur Alynna, Ive no idea who these people are either.
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

They are American comedienes. Jon Lovitz can be very funny sometimes. Andy Dick, not so much.
Now if I could just find a way to wear live bees as jewelry all the time.....

www.fantasybedtimehour.com
Lord Mhoram
Lord

Post by Lord Mhoram »

I hate Andy Dick.
DukkhaWaynhim
The Gap Into Spam

Post by DukkhaWaynhim »

Andy Dick is like that kid you knew in high school who tried to get attention any way he could - sometimes by being funny, but often by viciously assaulting the nearest other person. Take that kid, add copious amounts of alcohol and cocaine, and you have Andy Dick.

dw
"God is real, unless declared integer." - Unknown
Usivius
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Usivius »

well said.
kevinswatch
"High" Lord
Location: In the dark, lonely cave that dwells within my eternal soul of despair. It's next to a Pizza Hut.

Post by kevinswatch »

I never really watched anything either of these two guys did, but John Lovitz will always have a special place in my heart for The Critic.

Viva Quebec. Viva Jay Sherman.-jay
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

I find Andy Dick funny occasionally, but typically I say "oh no" whenever he comes onscreen on anything I see him in. It's usually a guilty laugh whenever it happens. I think he tries to bait people, just like Andy Kaufman did. But I've always liked Jon Lovitz. If you have not seen the movie Happiness, he's in the opening scene doing the best acting job I have ever seen him do. I was very blown away. It's slightly funny, but mostly it is just uncomfortable (like the entire movie). I'd really like to see Jon Lovitz do some more drama.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
Alynna Lis Eachann
Lord

Post by Alynna Lis Eachann »

kevinswatch wrote:I never really watched anything either of these two guys did, but John Lovitz will always have a special place in my heart for The Critic.

Viva Quebec. Viva Jay Sherman.-jay
Okay, I remember The Critic. That show was pretty cool.
"We probably could have saved ourselves, but we were too damned lazy to try very hard... and too damn cheap." - Kurt Vonnegut

"Now if you remember all great paintings have an element of tragedy to them. Uh, for instance if you remember from last week, the unicorn was stuck on the aircraft carrier and couldn't get off. That was very sad. " - Kids in the Hall
stormrider
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by stormrider »

The Critic was great. Pity there were only two seasons. Got it on DVD after Comedy Central quit showing reruns. "Can't one dinner pass where we don't talk about your rotting corpse?"
Cagliostro wrote:If you have not seen the movie Happiness, he's in the opening scene doing the best acting job I have ever seen him do. I was very blown away. It's slightly funny, but mostly it is just uncomfortable (like the entire movie).
Happiness is a pretty messed up movie. Watched it for the first time with my roommate -- the look on her face when Philip Seymour Hoffman "pasted" the postcard on the wall was hilarious.
“...The conversations had a nightmare flatness, talking dice spilled in the tube metal chairs, human aggregates disintegrating in cosmic inanity, random events in a dying universe where everything is exactly what it appears to be and no other relation than juxtaposition is possible.”

“There are two kinds of sufferers in this world: those who suffer from a lack of life, and those who suffer from an overabundance.”

Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

stormrider wrote:
Happiness is a pretty messed up movie. Watched it for the first time with my roommate -- the look on her face when Philip Seymour Hoffman "pasted" the postcard on the wall was hilarious.
Definitely a messed up movie. That and American Beauty I saw around the same time. They are eternally linked in my mind, as they both talk about the seedy underbelly of the 'burbs, but I tend to like Happiness better, even if American Beauty is a bit more "nice" and hopeful. I guess because of the uncomfortable laughter Happiness gives. I always felt like the scene with the dog at the end was one of the funniest scenes.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
stormrider
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by stormrider »

The first time I saw Happiness, I was kind of disturbed because I actually felt bad for Dylan Baker's character. And no matter what role that guy plays, I'll always see him as the creepy guy from Happiness. Did you ever see Kids? That is a seriously screwed up movie.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”