Dissections: Here or at the Hangar?

And the Harry Potter series.

Moderator: Menolly

Should the Harry Potter Dissections be done here on the Watch as threads in the JKR forum or in its own dedicated area on the Hangar?

Poll ended at Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:44 pm

Watch
63%
Hangar
38%

Total votes: 8

Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Dissections: Here or at the Hangar?

Post by Menolly »

OK, time to get serious.

Here is a poll to decide where the dissections should be done. My own preference is here on the Watch in this forum, but only because I believe more people would participate. There are challenges to doing it here though. And, other than possibly loosing participants, I see no disadvantges for moving the dissections over to the Hangar.

The challenges here on the Watch have to do with the fact that the Watch is a site devoted to SRD. In the past users and mods/admins have vocally opposed doing formal dissections of other authors on the site. My intent is to quietly post dissection threads here in the JKR forum, but there is no guarantee at some point we wouldn't be asked to cease and desist.

At the Hangar, the forum owner, Watch Admin danlo, has offered us our own entire forum for JKR/Harry Potter. That can include pretty much whatever we want, including a separate dissection area for each book, instead of just threads, etc.

The Hangar is the same format as the Watch, and on the same server. The memberlist is much smaller; if you venture to other areas of it outside of the Harry Potter forum you will most likely get to know everyone who actively posts.

So...cast your vote in the poll. I'll leave it up for a week, until next Wednesday, August 22. Once this is decided, we will start assigning chapters.

*I've never done a poll before...hopefully this is right*
birdandbear
The Gap Into Spam

Post by birdandbear »

I haven't been around nearly enough to gauge the reception here at the Watch, so I think I'll wait and see what others think......
I'm down either way. And I swear I'll try to participate regularly! :lol:
"If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do."
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

:biggrin:

Since I have never taken part in a dissection before, that would be awesome birdy!!

Yay!!
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

I voted hangar. I really don't want anyone to get upset at us and if we all know that the hangar is the place for the dissection then I don't see why people would not want to participate.
Now if I could just find a way to wear live bees as jewelry all the time.....

www.fantasybedtimehour.com
A Gunslinger
The Gap Into Spam

Post by A Gunslinger »

Bah! Here I say!!!

Snape RULES!
"I use my gun whenever kindness fails"

ImageImage
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

OK, only eight votes, but here on the Watch is where we'll begin. If asked to stop, we can then always ask danlo to create a forum for us on the Hangar.

I'll create a sticky for sign ups for chapter dissection of PS/SS, and another to discuss dissection format and rules right now.

Return to “J.K. Rowling Forum”