What's for breakfast

Learn how to make Spring Wine and aliantha cookies.

Moderator: Menolly

Damelon
Lord

What's for breakfast

Post by Damelon »

It's the most important meal of the day.

Today, breakfast is a bowl of cereal, 2 scrambled eggs, and fish sticks.
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by duchess of malfi »

I usually just have toast or cereal...but on Sundays my husband cooks up a feast. In a bad work week it might be the only meal my family will be able sit down and eat together...
He usually makes, on the minimum some sort of eggs, meat, potatos, grits, toast, pancakes or waffles, biscuits or muffins...fruit, orange juice...its as good as going out to brunch. :D :D A lot of Sundays that'll be the only meal I'll eat -- I'm too stuffed for anything else... :wink:
Last edited by duchess of malfi on Sat Jul 26, 2003 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Love as thou wilt.

Infelice
Lord

Post by Infelice »

Great thread Damelon and this morning....being a Sunday morning, its the best day of the week for brekkies at my place.

I have a Sunday morning tradition...the Sunday paper, Cat Stevens and a toasted English Muffin topped with a couple of thin slices of smoked salmon, scrambled egg with parsley, with a side order of sauteed mushies and grilled tomatoes with basil. And a cup of steaming hot strong coffee.

*drooling*......gotta go and make it now. :)
Infelice
Lord

Post by Infelice »

Baked beans on toast.....:) And a cup of nice hot COFFEE!!!!!! :twisted:
Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

Infelice wrote:Great thread Damelon and this morning....being a Sunday morning, its the best day of the week for brekkies at my place.

I have a Sunday morning tradition...the Sunday paper, Cat Stevens and a toasted English Muffin topped with a couple of thin slices of smoked salmon, scrambled egg with parsley, with a side order of sauteed mushies and grilled tomatoes with basil. And a cup of steaming hot strong coffee.

*drooling*......gotta go and make it now. :)
Ooh... That sounds good. Sunday is usually a go out of the way day. The salmon on english muffin reminds me of lox and bagels with cream cheese. An old favorite of mine, there was a deli on the way home from work where my dad would stop when I was a kid and pick those items up for saturday breakfast. It's still there, and if I drive into work I will occasionally stop and pick up that myself. 8)
Worm of Despite
Lord

Post by Worm of Despite »

Coffee . . . *drools, shakes* Uhn . . . CAFFEINE! *grits teeth, spasms*
:bounce03:
Well, that aside . . . For breakfast, I eat a garden-variety bowl of cereal. I used to scarf down a bunch of greasy crap from Burger King, when my football days demanded such. But I cut that out. Ah, grease . . . those were the salad days . . .

PS. Beans on toast? Did Australia run out of jam and jelly?! The kangaroos must've gotten it all . . .
"I support the destruction of the Think-Tank." - Avatar, August 2008
Infelice
Lord

Post by Infelice »

LF....It is tradition to have a lot of things on toast and not just jam, honey and stuff. Baked beans on toast, spaghetti on toast, savoury mince on toast, everything on toast for breakfast. :)

Damelon, salmon and cream cheese on a bagel is also very popular on cafes and delis here as well. BUT cream cheese is very very very very bad for the figure... must use reduced fat version if I wish to indulge. :)
Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

I read you put baked beans on toast in Oz, so I wasn't too suprised. Over here you would most often find baked beans as part of a lunch to go along with hamburgers or hot dogs. Or if there's some kind of party where the guests are asked to bring something, someone always brings baked beans.

What I'm going to have this morning is just an english muffin with peanut butter, a couple of cups of coffee and a glass of o.j..
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

LF, toast is made 4 last nites leftovers. last nites risotto, pasta, stew, casserole, woteva. hell, my shoes would taste good on toast. :fim:

the best breakky howeva, is a bowl of fresh strawberries &freshly squeezed orange juice, or a chai tea latte & fried mushrooms if it is chilly outside. :D

sum sui generis
You do not hear, and so you cannot be redeemed.

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.
Kinslaughterer
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Kinslaughterer »

Baked beans on toast for breakfast? coffee too? Boy I'd hate to by carpooling with an Ozlander or forced to use the restroom after them! :D

I've got a nice breakfast today; :)
my special 4 egg omelet with cheese, pancakes, toast (wheat) and a few slices of ham. I chase that with milk and 2 or 3 hot cinnamon rolls. Oh yeah! I'm growing progressingly more lazy :-x
"We do not follow maps to buried treasure, and remember:X never, ever, marks the spot."
- Professor Henry Jones Jr.

"Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand, a thief, a reaver, a slayer, with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet."

https://crowcanyon.org/
support your local archaeologist!
Worm of Despite
Lord

Post by Worm of Despite »

spaghetti on toast
I did that in kindergarten when the lunchroom served spaghetti with bread. And then there was the time when I was 5 and I threw up in the cafeteria and I acted like I hadn’t done anything and went on eating. Ah, those were the salad days . . .

Uh, oh yeah . . . And what’s a chai tea latte? Some kind of cappuccino? See, I honestly wouldn't know. We simple Southern po'folk usually eat grits and that’s it. In fact, "Po'folks" was actually the name of a good eating place here in Rome. Then they changed the name to Folks because it was controversial for some people. What's so controversial about it?!

Damn, I just went dyslexic . . . I meant to say "pack rat" to my grandmother, and I said PAT RACK!!
"I support the destruction of the Think-Tank." - Avatar, August 2008
Infelice
Lord

Post by Infelice »

Kinslaughterer wrote:Baked beans on toast for breakfast? coffee too? Boy I'd hate to by carpooling with an Ozlander or forced to use the restroom after them! :D

I've got a nice breakfast today; :)
my special 4 egg omelet with cheese, pancakes, toast (wheat) and a few slices of ham. I chase that with milk and 2 or 3 hot cinnamon rolls. Oh yeah! I'm growing progressingly more lazy :-x
That sounds delicious Kin. :)

Carpooling with me is no problem.....baked beans or not. I drive a convertible. :mrgreen:
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

you guys go all out for brekkies!! I admit .. I am a frequent brekkie neglector!!

but the last few days I've been making a pot of hot porridge for the gremlins and did actually eat some too!!

On special days of the year .. like christmas or fathers/mothers day .. we go all out .. and have bacon, eggs mushies and tommies with toast!! and a nice pot o' tea ..

In summer we will have mangos or rock melon for breaky ..

when i remember to snag a breaky .. i will stick to wheatbix .. all time food staple .. ;) ;)

but i do like the sound of infelices breaky .. NO NOT THE BAKED BEAN BREAKY .. the muffin with smoked salmon .. very impressive indeed!! gourmet eating in the infelice household ..

*thinks of moving up to Queensland and rooming with infelice*

LOL

KINS - NOT ALL AUSSIES CONSUME BAKED BEANS FOR BREAKY!@!!! LOL

some of us do have some taste ;) ;) and consideration for others ;) ;)
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Infelice
Lord

Post by Infelice »

Skyweir wrote: but i do like the sound of infelices breaky .. NO NOT THE BAKED BEAN BREAKY .. the muffin with smoked salmon .. very impressive indeed!! gourmet eating in the infelice household ..

*thinks of moving up to Queensland and rooming with infelice*
Only served on Sundays....... you're just itching for an official invite aren't you Sky???

HOWEVER............

Skyweir wrote:KINS - NOT ALL AUSSIES CONSUME BAKED BEANS FOR BREAKY!@!!! LOL

some of us do have some taste ;) ;) and consideration for others ;) ;)
.......That little remark may have cost you a seat at the table. ;)
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

chai tea is a black herbal tea that u drink with milk & honey. a chai tea latte is the same with steamed milk & its in a large cup or bowl. ummmmmmmmmmm.

sum sui generis
You do not hear, and so you cannot be redeemed.

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.
Samadhi Foul
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Samadhi Foul »

Aye, I had a fruit kabob for breakfast. Grapes, kiwi, canteloupe, watermelon, and apple; just barely dusted with sugar. :D
Beware of cutlery. It is violent. And sharp.

Vayne has a good siggy-sense. ;)
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

mmm .. cool .. without the sugar even ;) :|

i had a piece of hot buttered toast with vegimite today ;) ;)

*heaven - i'm in heaven - lalalalalalalalala*
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Infelice
Lord

Post by Infelice »

Kippers in tomato sauce......on toast. :D
Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

A bagel with peanut butter.
Reisheiruhime
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Reisheiruhime »

Bacon, toast, and an unhealthy ammount of jelly. I think if I go on like this, I'll end up thinking like Hyrim. :) Oh, wait, I already think like him, I mean I'll start looking like him.

*runs around and around the neighborhood, screaming* Ah, that's better. ;)

Yes, I know. :screwy:

Return to “The Galley”