Borderlands - New Game Suggestion

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Cobalt
Ramen

Post by Cobalt »

Menolly wrote:Although Balon, you may win me over with the First Native tribe.
We have a name, little one. You would do well to remember that.

:EDIT:

On another note, now that we're commencing registration and gameplay soon, does that mean the rules are completely posted?
“A stone is heavy and the sand is weighty; but a fool's wrath is heavier than them both.”
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

the Patwa wrote:
Menolly wrote:Although Balon, you may win me over with the First Native tribe.
We have a name, little one. You would do well to remember that.
Good start!!

*ducking head*

I will strive to do so, spokesperson (chief?) of the Patwa.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I seem to be creatively barren lately. I can't think of a single idea relating to my group for this game, except that they might be called the [something] Collective.
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Menolly wrote:Montressor, will you be posting a Game summary each turn? This story interests me highly, and I think I would like to lurk. I will admit I'll be pulling for Lore at the start, as my only real exposure to post-apocalyptic settings is A Canticle for Liebowitz...

Although Balon, you may win me over with the First Native tribe.
There will definitely be a public turn write-up. This will done in the style of a historian's narrative, written some years after the events in the game. Everything in the 'document' will be considered common-knowledge, however. There may be some other ways of presenting info that I choose to use. You're welcome to lurk, of course.
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

the Patwa wrote: On another note, now that we're commencing registration and gameplay soon, does that mean the rules are completely posted?
Basically. I just have to add an "Example of Play" section, so players can see how the game works. Should be done today.
Murrin wrote:I seem to be creatively barren lately. I can't think of a single idea relating to my group for this game, except that they might be called the [something] Collective.
Well that's something . . . ;)

Any help wanted, and I'll be glad to give it.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Rules are excellent.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam
Location: And closing of the eyes - true vision, The Light within became...Within the Light

Post by O-gon-cho »

Montressor wrote:
Menolly wrote:Montressor, will you be posting a Game summary each turn? This story interests me highly, and I think I would like to lurk. I will admit I'll be pulling for Lore at the start, as my only real exposure to post-apocalyptic settings is A Canticle for Liebowitz...

Although Balon, you may win me over with the First Native tribe.
There will definitely be a public turn write-up. This will done in the style of a historian's narrative, written some years after the events in the game. Everything in the 'document' will be considered common-knowledge, however. There may be some other ways of presenting info that I choose to use. You're welcome to lurk, of course.
*soft smile*

Thank you, Montressor.
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Loremaster wrote:Rules are excellent.
My thanks. As long as people don't find them too confusing, I'll be happy.

The image of the Sanctus Spiritus Church is brilliant. Any faction info, art etc which players post regarding their factions will be duly rewarded in game.
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

The Rules section is now complete. All game queries should go to that thread now.
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Have been working flat-out this week. Will have all unit details done by Saturday morning. Those players who email me some faction info by Friday will receive due consideration for unique units.

After players receive their unit details they will need to make their choices and email me the info by the following friday. This will be the first official turn.
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Gentlemen . . . I'm just working on play balance issues with all the units and structures. As such, you may need to wait a few more days before I can finish all the faction details and post them to you. I'd rather the game worked before we played.

Sorry to delay, but I think you'd all be happier this way.

Also, Waste Nomads will get their details first, followed by Cultists, then Shelter Dwellers. This should be for obvious reasons.
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

Montressor wrote:Also, Waste Nomads will get their details first, followed by Cultists, then Shelter Dwellers. This should be for obvious reasons.
.....because we're awsomest? :P
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Balon wrote:

Shhh...don't let word spread.
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

Montressor wrote:
Balon wrote:

Shhh...don't let word spread.
I think subconsciously, they all already know.
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

I put it off for two days.

I NEED another fix. When're we gonna get ANYTHING?......

:P
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Haha!!

If you're really well behaved, you'll get everything you need tonight.
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

Montressor wrote:Haha!!

If you're really well behaved, you'll get everything you need tonight.
VICTORY!

I'm sitting on my hands. I don't know HOW to be more behaved.
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Yeah, seriously - you'll get the stuff in four or five hours, I'd say. I will release the Waste Dweller info tonight, the Cultist info tomorrow night, and the Shelter Dweller info the next. All players will have the deadline of next Tuesday night (it's Wednesdat night here in Aust) to make their decisions for starting forces. The Waste Nomads have a headstart on the other factions, as they are supposed to be the best informed.
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

All three Waste Nomad players should have their starting disposition details. I have emailed these to Balon, Murrin, and Shadowstrike. Loremaster shall receive his cult details tomorrow. Please let me know if you do not receive these.

You have until Tuesday night to indicate your choices.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Got mine. Working out how best to set up my spreadsheet right now. :lol:

Return to “Borderlands”