Borderlands - New Game Suggestion

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

That picture that monty showed you that you got you inspiration from, is the picture of my shelter dwellers entering the shelter.

Grr I thought I had the cool gas mask idea, spent many hours searching for russians in gas masks and now you gone and done it. Time for an ass whooping me thinks
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Dorian wrote:That picture that monty showed you that you got you inspiration from, is the picture of my shelter dwellers entering the shelter.

Grr I thought I had the cool gas mask idea, spent many hours searching for russians in gas masks and now you gone and done it. Time for an ass whooping me thinks
Actually, and I am being completely honest here, the idea for my cult came today at work. Not after seeing the image Montressor showed me. Anyway, Montressor can vouch for my obsession over gas masks and world war one.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

My faction is probably going to be a pretty boring one. I'll have to try and think of ways to make it more interesting. Wonder how much the rules will allow for in terms of 'low tech'? I'd enjoy it if I could give my group a steampunk flavour.
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Loremaster wrote: Actually, and I am being completely honest here, the idea for my cult came today at work. Not after seeing the image Montressor showed me. Anyway, Montressor can vouch for my obsession over gas masks and world war one.
Haha, that's true. He does have an obsession with gas masks and WWI. :D

Anyway, Dorian can reserve the right to use 'that' picture (even though I found it ;p).

The idea for the cult is absolutely brilliant. Expect a nice freebie unit or such from the GM. Also, I'm very pleased Balon has gone for the Amerindian tribe. The interest in my game so far has gotten me very inspired.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Murrin wrote:My faction is probably going to be a pretty boring one. I'll have to try and think of ways to make it more interesting. Wonder how much the rules will allow for in terms of 'low tech'? I'd enjoy it if I could give my group a steampunk flavour.
Steampunk = gold.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

Montressor wrote: Also, I'm very pleased Balon has gone for the Amerindian tribe. The interest in my game so far has gotten me very inspired.
I'm pleased too. But don't expect me use "Amerindian."

That's lame. :P

;)

:EDIT:
Loremaster wrote:
Murrin wrote:My faction is probably going to be a pretty boring one. I'll have to try and think of ways to make it more interesting. Wonder how much the rules will allow for in terms of 'low tech'? I'd enjoy it if I could give my group a steampunk flavour.
Steampunk = gold.
true dat.
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Use something racist. Or have cliche names, like Chief Strong Bear, Brave Wolf, or Chief Running Soap.
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Send me a PM, or write a suggestion here, and we'll see what we can work out. If you're dead keen on steampunk, I'm sure I could accomodate you. By 'low-tech', I mean that Waste Nomads will consider a functioning automatic rifle as something of a treasured relic and symbol of power, and something like a tank or plane would be akin to the Holy Grail. Automatic weapons will be standard sidearms of Shelter Dweller forces, however :)

It's all rather negotiable as the most important factors are balance and making sure everyone enjoys themselves. I see nothing at all wrong with your faction using parts of old trains as generators and, even, vehicles if that's what you want. Also, people with elaborate and unhygienic looking faceplates or eyepieces won't exactly be out of place, either. Remember, nothing has been manufactured (except by the Shelter Dwellers who are only just emerging) for quite some time. Therefore, all sorts of cannibalisation of old tech would be going on.
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

Loremaster wrote:Use something racist. Or have cliche names, like Chief Strong Bear, Brave Wolf, or Chief Running Soap.
:haha:

RUNNING SOAP. HAHAHA.

Maybe I'll call him Chief Palmolive.
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Balon wrote:

Haha! That's fine. I can't help but use these terms naturally now, however. It's a consequence of doing a history PhD on indigenous peoples . . .
Last edited by Montresor on Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

Montressor wrote:
Balon wrote:

Haha! That's fine. I can't help but use these terms naturally now, however. It's a consequence of doing a history PhD on indigenous peoples . . .
Really? Well then this IS the game for you. The whole thing is the adaptation of social groups!

Also. Check your Inbox. ;)
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

I just love the white russian gas masks. Heres a rough idea of my soldiers. The citizens will have different masks

Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

This game should be called Gas Mask wars.
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

Loremaster wrote:This game should be called Gas Mask wars.
Chief Limeaide doesn't wear a mask.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Montressor wrote:It's all rather negotiable as the most important factors are balance and making sure everyone enjoys themselves. I see nothing at all wrong with your faction using parts of old trains as generators and, even, vehicles if that's what you want. Also, people with elaborate and unhygienic looking faceplates or eyepieces won't exactly be out of place, either. Remember, nothing has been manufactured (except by the Shelter Dwellers who are only just emerging) for quite some time. Therefore, all sorts of cannibalisation of old tech would be going on.
That's really the sort of thing I'm interested in--scavengers with some mechanical knowledge, making use of whatever remnants of civilisation they can find. I wouldn't be expecting to have giant mechanical war machines, for example (though I wouldn't mind a few ornithopters ;)).
I'm really not clear on the details, to be honest. It wouldn't be full-blown steampunk, I think, because of the lack of resources--just basic things like hot water boilers in their compounds, a couple of steam engines, home-made gunpowder and maybe some basic steam cannons for defence of compounds.
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Murrin wrote:
That's really the sort of thing I'm interested in--scavengers with some mechanical knowledge, making use of whatever remnants of civilisation they can find. I wouldn't be expecting to have giant mechanical war machines, for example (though I wouldn't mind a few ornithopters ;)).
I'm really not clear on the details, to be honest. It wouldn't be full-blown steampunk, I think, because of the lack of resources--just basic things like hot water boilers in their compounds, a couple of steam engines, home-made gunpowder and maybe some basic steam cannons for defence of compounds.
All of that is completely fine. I especially like the home made gunpowder idea. And you may just get your ornithopters :D
Injerian Praetus II
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Injerian Praetus II »

Test.
"Oh of course," the Navigator said with faint mocking in his voice, "you have probably heard of House Praetus. We have a palace on Holy Terra. Like all powerful groups, we also have our enemies. Do you honestly think someone like you matters?" - A dissolute noble.
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

So noone steals my idea, I have developed an idea thus far that involves fascist shelter dwellers. Grey uniforms and gas masks are the call of the day. They are of course the only pure bloods left, having been titghtly locked up with no radiation to "taint" their blood.

Another idea is waste dweller that are the remnants of blackwater mercenaries, called heavy water mercenary's :P

So dont steal my ideas!
Injerian Praetus II
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Injerian Praetus II »

Done.
"Oh of course," the Navigator said with faint mocking in his voice, "you have probably heard of House Praetus. We have a palace on Holy Terra. Like all powerful groups, we also have our enemies. Do you honestly think someone like you matters?" - A dissolute noble.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Dorian wrote:
Sanctus Spiritus wrote:Test.
shit lore, next you will bring in chimpgay
It's Ch1mpGay. :lol:

Return to “Borderlands”