Pantheon: The Third Age - Rules and Comments Thread

Moderator: Xar

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Balon wrote:OOo...percentage. How did you do that?
Current Population - Previous Population = Difference
Difference / Previous Population = Growth
Format Cells: Number: Percentage.
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

Murrin wrote:
Balon wrote:OOo...percentage. How did you do that?
Current Population - Previous Population = Difference
Difference / Previous Population = Growth
Format Cells: Number: Percentage.
Excellent. Thanks a lot! I didn't even think about that.
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

Mine is very similar. Although I like Gmail better.
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Just curious, and you don't have to answer, but other than Etzicoatl, The Void, and Volic, who all is totally new to Pantheon this age? Not RPGs necessarily, but Pantheon?

<-- still feels she's in the learning stage...
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

As you just mentioned, yeah im totally new to pantheon, but ben playing RPG my whole life. Real ones too, with pens and funny shaped dice. not just pc games :P
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Pantheon's the only RPG I've ever played, and I joined the 2nd age midway through. So, this will be my first time starting with everyone else. There were two players who joined after I did, but I think one of them had played RPGs before. And they both did a lot better than I did. :oops:

Yet, I am still totally addicted.
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

I find it helps alot if i discuss my character and the way they act, as well as alot of my individual posts, with other players. For me, I run most things past montressor. Not for game advice, but more to make sure it makes sense and sits in with my character.

If you want, your more than welcome add me to MSN or Yahoo and discuss things before posting. I find it helps alot, and I wouldnt use what you say outside of game against you in game either

But hey, whatever works for you :)
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Thank you Dorian, I appreciate that.

I know other players are going to sit back and catch their breath at your offer, as I am known for excessively PMing for advice. (yeah, yeah...understatement of the month)

...and then I go in the totally opposite direction... :oops:

But, I much prefer using Yahoo Messenger over PMing. I do need to delete the MSN Messenger from my profile. It just will not load on my computer. I've downloaded and attempted to install it three times.

Feel free to use the Yahoo tab under my sig to IM me. But please let me know who you are before you do. I tend to block anyone who IMs me I don't know or can't recognise the name.
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

Menolly wrote:Thank you Dorian, I appreciate that.

I know other players are going to sit back and catch their breath at your offer, as I am known for excessively PMing for advice. (yeah, yeah...understatement of the month)
:LOLS: :haha:
Truly, I wasn't going to say it, but since you did...
:lol:
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

*realizes what hes gotten himself into, runs and hides in the corner of his room *
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

Xar wrote:A deity who has a Major and a Minor domain will have about 75% efficacy when using the Major domain, and 25% when using the Minor domain... if he has two Minor domains, he'll have 50% efficacy with the Major domain, and 25% each with the two Minor domains.

For example, a sea deity wants to start a tidal wave. If he only has the Major domain "Sea", he'll spend, let's say, 4 DRPs in order to start the tidal wave. But if he has the Major domain "Sea" and another, minor domain, he'll have to expend 5 DRPs to do the same (because he has 75% efficacy), and if he has two minor domains, he'll have to expend 6 DRPs to do the same thing. In exchange, however, he has more flexibility because of additional domains.
Oy, this is tricky stuff. OK, I'm the God of Love, with only that domain. Let's say doing action X takes 3 DRP's. If I also have a minor domain, X takes 4 DRP's. If Love is my minor domain, X takes 12 DRP's. Right? And how many DRP's would it take to do X if I did not have Love as major or minor domain, but wanted to do anyway? And would it make a difference whether or not anyone else has that domain as either major or minor?

*head spinning*

The point of this is that I'm wondering if there's any point in getting a minor at all. If acting outside of your domains is 20%, then X takes 15 DRP's. Why permanently sacrifice a DRP to take a minor if it lets me do X for only 12 instead of 15? But if acting outside of your domains is 5%, X takes 60 DRP's. Might be worth the permanent sacrifice of a DRP to take the minor.
uKulwa
Giantfriend

Post by uKulwa »

Murrin wrote:Ahem.
Uh...that looks extremely handy Murrin...*ahem*...The email account in this profile is valid...if you'd be so good... ;)

Zephyr
If you take a complementary domain, then your major isn't reduced to 75% and the minor isn't reduced to 25%.

In fact, as I'm understanding it, having complementary domains can even boost your efficiency past 100%. (I'm assuming that this is true when you undertake an action which involves both domains together.)

[Edit: Oh yeah...I'm personally glad the Prince Aesthete isn't taking mutation...be more interesting to have a different aspect in this game. )
All Things Begin and End in Strife.
------------------------------------
Msasi Haogopi Mwiba.

The Hunter Does Not Fear Thorns
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

Yeah, but I was thinking of domains that are not as obviously complementary as, say, Pleasure. Agriculture, for example. Would I be nearly as able to work in Agriculture without taking it as a minor as I would with it as a minor?

And, btw, I'm switching to Sunset now, just in case. :lol: Heck, there's plenty of lovin' at Sunset anyway! :twisted: :biggrin:
an Carraig
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by an Carraig »

n'ermind.
Last edited by an Carraig on Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

Zephyr wrote:And, btw, I'm switching to Sunset now, just in case. :lol: Heck, there's plenty of lovin' at Sunset anyway! :twisted: :biggrin:
Sweet. :)
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

Zephyr, everytime I scroll quickly down the page I think that your avatar is a picture of Stimpy.
You do not hear, and so you cannot be redeemed.

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam
Location: And closing of the eyes - true vision, The Light within became...Within the Light

Post by O-gon-cho »

Zephyr wrote:
Menolly wrote:Thank you Dorian, I appreciate that.

:LOLS: :haha:
Truly, I wasn't going to say it, but since you did...
:lol:
I know my faults, upstart.

...I just enjoy indulging in them a little too much...

;)
Zephyr wrote: And, btw, I'm switching to Sunset now, just in case. :lol: Heck, there's plenty of lovin' at Sunset anyway! :twisted: :biggrin:
*sigh*
Last edited by O-gon-cho on Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cryak
Giantfriend

Post by Cryak »

Zephyr wrote:And, btw, I'm switching to Sunset now, just in case. :lol: Heck, there's plenty of lovin' at Sunset anyway! :twisted: :biggrin:
YES! Our power rises. Or sets.

Depending on the viewpoint. :D
From a single Acorn, a mighty Oak
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

Zephyr wrote:Yeah, but I was thinking of domains that are not as obviously complementary as, say, Pleasure. Agriculture, for example. Would I be nearly as able to work in Agriculture without taking it as a minor as I would with it as a minor.
Your influence outside your domains is VERY limited. For starters, you have NO influence in domains others claimed, unless you receive their blessing: for instance, you couldn't manipulate the earth itself at all unless Calais explicitly allowed you to do so. Then, regardless of whether the domain you're working with was claimed or not, the cost is much, much higher - your estimate of 5% is more or less accurate. Trying to manipulate, say, the seas when you're the god of Love is something completely outside your influence, and so you must put a lot of effort to perform even the smallest changes...
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

Which is why it makes the most sense to stick with your character's style as a whole. A god of Weather and Lava doesn't fit as well as a god of Weather and Storms..

Return to “Pantheon”