Moderator: Xar

Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

I know how that would end:

uK wins!
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

As long as anybody is fighting anybody else, uKulwa will win.
Goatkiller666 wrote: But if Av wants to go create 8 or 10 more sub-forums right quick, we can get 'er done, and leave Pantheon just the way it is. Or, we can just leave Pantheon the way it is anyway, and not make all those sub-forums.

I bow to the will of the Admins.
Since I'm the only admin who even knows about GT, that means me. :D

Y'know...How about we create an entire forum under Scatterlings called "The Archive." I'll create sub-forums for every game there ever was, if you give me a list.

Then you move the relevant threads from GT to the appropriate subforum. I think it can maybe be done en masse per game if you click the "moderate this forum" link at the bottom left of the main GT forum page.

Then GT will be for active games, the archive for inactive, and we (I) can move entire sub-forums from one state to the other as necessary.

How does that sound?

--A
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

I like the sound of it. One of the reasons I was somewhat against moving Acropolis I was that 1) it's an annoyance to label/rename everything and 2) it does kind of get lost in the hodgepodge.

As far as new games go, if Xar never gets around to it, and things eventually settle down for me, I can run a kind of P-4 using the Arc as the background. I'll run it (mostly) like Pantheon rather than Acropolis, even including random events and whatnot.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Mmmmm. The Numen and the Master on the Arc. Undead Vangoryth don't eat, drink, or breathe, so the only resource they'd use on the Ark is physical space. They don't die, and they probably wouldn't breed, so... just a small pocket of faithful for me, but over time they'd all become fairly powerful.

How big was the Ark, anyway? Big enough to show up on the map, of course. But what does that mean as far as map size, etc?
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Goatkiller666 wrote:Mmmmm. The Numen and the Master on the Arc.

While I don't know if those cho sent to the Arc ever actually left on it or not (was waiting to hear in the most recent turn), how would The Numen and the Master being on the Arc be explained?

Unless we can just choose to say those we wanted on the Arc (to go forward with continuity, even if it didn't happen canonically), went?
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Goatkiller666 wrote:Mmmmm. The Numen and the Master on the Arc. Undead Vangoryth don't eat, drink, or breathe, so the only resource they'd use on the Ark is physical space. They don't die, and they probably wouldn't breed, so... just a small pocket of faithful for me, but over time they'd all become fairly powerful.

How big was the Ark, anyway? Big enough to show up on the map, of course. But what does that mean as far as map size, etc?
As big as I say it is. Quite literally. :mrgreen:

It started off the size of a small skyscraper. However, it was designed to grow and its internal size is not entirely limited by its external size. But then, as a generation ship (Dwarfs... in... spaaaaace!), it might not even take place on the arc.

Hmm. It seems I'll have to figure out how much I've revealed about it publicly, so I can play out the details as time goes on. (Actually, it would have been cool to just run a game and later reveal how it all came about, but that cat's already out of the bag)
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

(Space.... zombies....)
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

In space, no one care hear you disbelieve.
-George Steiner

Post by Avatar »

So I'll take that as a yes then? :lol:

--A
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Oh yeah, the actual archiving thing. Yeah, sure.

You make the sub-forums, I'll move all the threads.

Post by Avatar »

Schweet. I'll sort it out over the weekend.

--A
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Oh yeah?
Dread Poet Jethro
My quill pen is mightier Than the sword you drop

Post by Dread Poet Jethro »

Never was it said
Just which specific weekend
Av would sort it out
Yes, I am an alt
Whose? An open secret to
Attentive Watchers
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

AllFather taught you well, DPJ. ;)
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

If it's all the same to the rest of you, those are the lessons I would rather we NOT learn from Xar. I understand that we're all volunteering for whatever we do. And sometimes there's just not enough time to get stuff done. All I'm saying is that the right choice at that point is to not volunteer for more stuff. The wrong choice is to agree to take on more stuff, then blow everybody off.

Or, you know, if stuff comes up, just pop a quick note saying so.

So, I'm going to assume that when someone says "this weekend" or "over the weekend", they're referring to the most immediately coming weekend.

'Cause it's all about setting expectations.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Goatkiller666 wrote:So, I'm going to assume that when someone says "this weekend" or "over the weekend", they're referring to the most immediately coming weekend.
This does sounds like a reasonable assumption...
...however, good luck with that.

Post by Avatar »

Hahaha, my home internet connection screwed up over that weekend. :D And I just don't have time at work at the moment.

I'll get to it as soon as I can. :D

--A
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

First time I noticed the move.
*sigh*

Thanks for leaving it intact, at least.
Lefdmae Deemalr Effaeldm
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lefdmae Deemalr Effaeldm »

Menolly wrote:First time I noticed the move.
*sigh*
Looks like it was actually done in the recent few days, after this talk kevinswatch.ihugny.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=22887

And thanks from me as well for keeping the archive. Is there any possibility to upload the formerly hidden email and pm turns?
A role-player, beware
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Effaeldm wrote:Is there any possibility to upload the formerly hidden email and pm turns?
I expect the closest you'll get to that is the Best of Pantheon 2.0 thread...

Return to “Pantheon”