Pretty much. They know they're damned.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Not "doomed"... "about to be blessed".
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Nah. He's not going to waste blessings on killers.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Ah. So they're really martyrs... sacrificing themselves to give a chance at Oblivion to those who die (and who weren't themselves killers).
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

They commit abominable acts in the name of a greater cause, so that the world may be cleansed of all violence, and they understand that in the end, that means they themselves must be cleansed from the world.
Creator
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Creator »

Kinda amusing thinking that Asta really likes what Bel is about!! :biggrin:
He/She who dies with the most toys wins! Wait a minute ... I can't die!!!
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

I talked to Xar on the phone last night. Didn't bother mentioning Pantheon, and he didn't bring it up. I have not the slightest doubt it's a done deal. I think the forum should be archived. Too sad seeing it here.
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

I'm just imagining how that conversation went.

Fist: So, Xar. How've you been?
Xar: Good. Finally done unpacking. It's been nice to rest for a weekend, you know?
Fist: Oh yeah? So... are there any other things you wanted to do, now that you're done with the move?
Xar: Hrm. I don't think so.
Fist: Maybe something that you haven't gotten to in a while? Something you were really excited about before?
Xar: Oh, yeah. I haven't updated the Twin Worlds in like... four years? Wow. I should really get back to that. I miss that world.
Fist: Oh. Yeah, that sounds good. I guess. Anyway, I have to go. I think I hear my chances for happiness being curb-stomped in the other room.
Xar: <distracted, as he browses to the site> Mmm-hrm. Ciao!
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

I txted him today, reminding him that he sent out Turn 12 results three years ago today.
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

From one of my favorite turns from all games I've ever played. TURN 11.
Strange twitching vines, capable of grappling whoever passes too close to them, infest a subterranean city somewhere in Calais' lands. The people keep clear and attempt to remove the plants, but they grow back too quickly.

An unseen force seems to be on the move in Shaldir, protected somehow from divine and mortal sight; this force appears to be aligned with Nor Yekith and Etzlicoatl, and attacks not only your followers but the forest itself by draining the life force of mortals and trees alike, turning them into shriveled husks! Wiri strikes back by sending the gotcha vines against these creatures and making them lethal; the vines die easily as these creatures drain their life force, but they do slowly create attrition and decrease the power of this force - which is revealed in the bodies the vines kill to be apparently an army of winged humanoids bearing Devaguhya's markings.

Tlamatzin comes to rest above Shaldir, raining down fire and unbearable heat and light upon the forest. Thankfully, Wiri's strength, coupled with the ancient protection of the forest of Shakari, prove more than enough to withstand the withering heat, and trees and vegetation actually thrive in this condition. Several of your mortal worshipers die due to the sudden arrival of Tlamatzin, but most manage to evacuate the area before it is too late, so your losses are not that severe.

The last remains of forest in Malyth are eradicated with fire.

A comet generating strong mutagenic energy falls towards Shaldir; part of its power is taken by the Canopy, and the comet breaks up in mid-flight, with part of it crumbling into fragments scattered over northern Shaldir, and a large chunk falling on Treerise, obliterating the city. Thankfully, the remaining mutagenic energy within the shards or the chunk is not enough to harm Shaldir due to the layers of natural protection you wove through it, and Azver uses his power to speed up time and his protection as keeper of the law to begin gathering the shards and chipping away at the main chunk, dispersing the resulting shards in order to avoid for Nor Yekith to pour more energy into the Stone and overpower Shaldir's defenses, which - due to Etzlicoatl's sun and Nor Yekith's stone - have been severely taxed thus far, and would need some time to recover fully, without additional power.

Oblivion falls upon Amber and Stonedowns, obliterating both cities and all that was inside them.

Wiri quarantines the area around the Stone of Nor Yekith, and then counterattacks Etzlicoatl's sun in a way that surprises even you: he gathers together a large number of pollen-infused love maples, which are now in full flower due to the season, and teleports them through the old channels into the woods north of Coatlic, where they begin releasing thin clouds of pollen which waft around the land, reaching Etzlicoatl's followers and filling them with serenity and love, at least temporarily. As a result, Coatlic's altars are devoid of human sacrifices, but rather adorned with flowers; its people, sensing that the feeling of contentment grows stronger the closer they are to the woods, begin making pilgrimages there and offering worship to you!
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Creator
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Creator »

OK. I am not so cowardly as Fist ;) IM'd with Xar - the AllFather has a new AllGirlfriend! woooo hoooo!! He promises he'll get back to us when he is settled. I told him a RL GF is more important than keeping us entertained!

I think we might even have a GOD that would bless the AllFather's efforts! ;)
He/She who dies with the most toys wins! Wait a minute ... I can't die!!!
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

I wasn't given permission! I knew you were his favorite!!
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Dread Poet Jethro
My quill pen is mightier Than the sword you drop

Post by Dread Poet Jethro »

Not just a girlfriend;
This friend is All Girl, and that's
The very best kind!
Yes, I am an alt
Whose? An open secret to
Attentive Watchers
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Yeah, I was informed awhile back as well, but was not told I could share such (except with Fist, if it ever came up)...
Dread Poet Jethro

While you were "informed"
Fist cannot call you Favorite
Not with your outcomes...
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Creator wrote:I told him a RL GF is more important than keeping us entertained!
No it's not.

--A
Dread Poet Jethro

Av says "No it's not."
Anyone think his lady
Just might not concur?

Might be a toss up...
Av surely is here a lot
But he's gone sometimes

If I were to bet
My money would be placed on
Av striking balance

One does not maintain
A bond for so many years
Through abject neglect
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Av never struck me as the "I have a GF" type. More of a "different woman every night" kind of a player, really.

And it's a short step from player to gamer, and so here he is on GT (which is as close as he gets to a GF).

What he does on the rest of the site... who really cares? That's like what he gets up to with all those chicks. None of my business.

(And by "chick", I mean of course, baby chickens. I hear it's a real delicacy in ZA. Like veal... super tender and yummy, plus bite sized.)
Dread Poet Jethro

I forgot that Goat
Ignores the rest of the Watch
Where such is discussed

I've said quite enough
If Av wants to say more here
I'll leave that to him
Yes, I am an alt
Whose? An open secret to
Attentive Watchers
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Av's too much of a gentleman to spread tales of his nightly conquests. Each one is a treasure to him.

I think he keeps a lock of hair from each one, before feeding their bodies to the hogs.

Return to “Pantheon”