Pantheon: The Third Age - Registration Thread

Moderator: Xar

Xar
Lord

Pantheon: The Third Age - Registration Thread

Post by Xar »

This thread is meant for registration in Pantheon 3.0. The game might still take some time before it starts, but in the meantime here are the instructions on how to create your deity and register it here.

Step 1:

Here is what you need to build your deity:

Name (and titles)
Court
Major Domain
Holy symbol
Dogma

Present your deities in the above format in this thread.

Note: this thread is not part of the game itself: do not write your introductions here, only the deities according to the above format!

The domains are listed below. Each domain is associated to one of five Houses (Aether, Air, Earth, Fire and Water). A deity does not need to choose domains from the same House; however, he or she cannot acquire opposite domains (such as fire and water, light and dark, and so on). The first domain chosen by the deity is the Major domain; it is the main focus of the deity, it associates the deity with its House, and it should be the basis of the dogma. For example, a deity might take a Major Fire domain and a Minor Aether domain; the deity would base its dogma on the Fire domain, and it would be considered a deity of the House of Fire. Finally, some domains are inextricably linked to a Court - a deity who chooses any of those domains (no matter as to whether it is a Major or Minor domain) MUST belong to that Court. For more information on Houses and Courts, see here.

Domains are listed with the following notation: domain - House (Court, if any).

Available domains:
abundance - Earth
adventurers - Fire
agility - Air
agricolture - Earth (Sunset)
air - Air (Sunrise)
animals - Earth
archery - Air
art - Water
assassins - Fire
balance - Aether
battle - Fire
beauty - Water
birth - Water
brawling - Earth
chivalry - Aether
cities - Fire
cold - Water
commerce - Air
conquest - Fire
courage - Aether
crafts - Earth
crime - Aether
creation - Aether
dance - Air
darkness - Air
death - Earth
decay - Earth
desert - Fire
destruction - Fire
discord - Fire
disease - Earth
dreams - Water
earth - Earth (Sunset)
endurance - Earth
exploration - Air
fate - Aether
fear - Aether
fire - Fire (Sunrise)
forests - Earth
frostfell - Air
grief - Aether
harmony - Water
hate - Aether
healing - Water
honor - Aether
hunting - Air
illusions - Water
insects - Water
intrigue - Aether
justice - Aether
knowledge - Aether
life - Water
light - Fire
love - Aether
luck - Water
madness - Fire
magic - Fire
malice - Aether
mercy - Aether
metal - Earth
moon - Air (Sunset)
mountains - Earth
murder - Fire
music - Air
mutation - Water
nature - Earth
night - Air (Sunset)
nightmares - Aether
nobility - Air
oblivion - Aether
outcasts - Water
pain - Fire
peace - Water
pleasure - Aether
protection - Earth
rain - Water
rivers - Water
seas - Water
secrets - Air
sky - Air
slaughter - Fire
song - Air
souls - Aether
stealth - Water
stone - Earth
storms - Air
strength - Earth
sun - Fire (Sunrise)
thieves - Air
time - Aether
tragedy - Aether
ugliness - Fire
undeath - Water
valor - Fire
vengeance - Fire
war - Fire
water - Water (Sunset)
wealth - Earth
weather - Air
wetlands - Water
wind - Air
winter - Water
wisdom - Earth
The choice of domains might also condition the deity's Court: some domains, as described above, MUST belong to a certain Court, for example. Also, if a deity with an opposing domain exists already and belongs to a certain Court, your deity cannot belong to the same Court but must either enter the opposite Court or remain neutral.
If the choice of Courts is not restricted in some way, you are free to choose whether the enter the Sunrise Court, the Sunset Court, or to remain neutral.

At the start of the game, you can only have one domain - your Major domain. Additional domains can be purchased during the game by sacrificing DRPs permanently.

Step 2:

Races
To come...

Step 3:

Prophets
To come...

For the rules of the game, see the Rules and Comments thread.
Last edited by Xar on Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:02 pm, edited 6 times in total.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Hrm. The domains I'm after aren't on the list.
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

Murrin wrote:Hrm. The domains I'm after aren't on the list.
Let me know which ones they are, and I'll see what I can do :P
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Peace and Law. The first one is 100% essential for my character. Since you have War on there (not to mention Battle and Conquest) Peace seems an unusual omission.
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

I would really like to get in on this game, if possible.

If so, I'd be pleased to have:

EZTLICOATL, God of the Sun, Lord of the Sacrifice, the great Blood Snake.

Court: Unaligned (not sure how this works. The god would rely off human sacrifice, and would be considered angry and vengeful. I'm just not one for playing to alignments, I tend to be more ambiguous).
Major Domain: God of the Sun (so I assume that's Fire).
Holy Symbol: The sun, or any snake.
Dogma: A monotheism. All other gods are considered false, demonic, and charlatans who lead believers astray. Eztlicoatl is the One God who must be sated with blood sacrifice to garuntee prosperity and succour. He favours those who kill in his name, and offer the blood and flesh of another to him. He also favours scholars, who enlighten the way to the acceptance of Him as the One God.

An odd conception for a game called Pantheon, I know, but it strikes me as a fun idea to play.
Bel
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Bel »

(I guess I'll put down what I had in mind first, and if you disagree with anything (depending on what you decide re: domains) I'll change it later.)

BEL, The Great God, The Great Lord, etc., Walker of the True Path
Court: Sunrise
Major Domain: Peace
Holy Symbol: Sun disk (see avatar)
Dogma: The only true path is that of peace. Violence is an abomination; there can be no true peace until all violence is ended. The world must come to understand this truth.

Menolly made a good point before she deleted it: do we only get one domain to start, or can we pick a Minor to begin with?
Last edited by Bel on Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
stonemaybe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by stonemaybe »

Name - BRID (pronounced 'breed')
Title - Outcast
Court -Sunrise
Major Domain - Outcasts (water)
Race - Humans
Holy symbol - X
Dogma - You are more important than your community. If a community has an issue with you, that is their problem, not yours.
Last edited by stonemaybe on Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:06 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Aglithophile and conniptionist and spectacular moonbow beholder 16Jul11

(:/>
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam
Location: And closing of the eyes - true vision, The Light within became...Within the Light

Post by O-gon-cho »

Bel wrote: Menolly made a good point before she deleted it: do we only get one domain to start, or can we pick a Minor to begin with?
I deleted it because it's answered in the Rules thread.

One major domain, two weaker ones. However, the more domains you choose, the weaker they all are.

~*~edit~*~

Oh...maybe I'm already misreading the rules. If we have to purchase domains, and it's a maximum of three, the question of how many to start is still valid. Thanks for pointing that out.

So...if we can start with three domains...

~*~end edit~*~

If I can adjust to the new rules, I want to keep OGC. In which case I would like Light as the major domain and Air and Music as minor domains. So her House would be Fire, which also works with her phoenix background. But the minor domains are in the House of Air, with the conflicting Courts of Sunrise and Sunset. Does that cause a problem, or is it all based on the major domain?
Last edited by O-gon-cho on Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

That's maximum domains. It doesn't say anywhere about starting domains, other than Major.

Light would put you in the House of Fire. Your Court doesn't have any conflict--Air puts you in Sunrise automatically.
Last edited by I'm Murrin on Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mynaesos
Woodhelvennin

Post by Mynaesos »

Name and titles : Aarklar, The Enlightened
Court : None
Major Domain : Wisdom
Race : Giants
Holy symbol : The Eye
Dogma :
"I do not concern myself with gods and spirits either good or evil nor do I serve any."
-Lao Tzu

"The sage does not hoard. The more he helps others, the more he benefits himself, The more he gives to others, the more he gets himself. The Way of Heaven does one good but never does one harm. The Way of the sage is to act but not to compete."
-Lao Tzu
Last edited by Mynaesos on Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:39 am, edited 3 times in total.
“Borders are scratched across the hearts of men
by strangers with a calm, judicial pen,
and when the borders bleed we watch with dread
the lines of ink along the map turn red.”
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam
Location: And closing of the eyes - true vision, The Light within became...Within the Light

Post by O-gon-cho »

Murrin wrote:That's maximum domains. It doesn't say anywhere about starting domains, other than Major.

Light would put you in the House of Fire. Your Court doesn't have any conflict--Air puts you in Sunrise automatically.
*nod*

My eye skipped down to another domain when I thought Music was in the Court of Sunset. Thanks Murrin.
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

To clarify: you start with your Major domain only. Further domains can be purchased after the game starts. This is to allow a better balance, since purchasing domains is an action that requires permanent sacrifice of DRPs.

Also, if you intend to keep the deity from Pantheon 2.0, you'd better make sure he/she/it survives ;)
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

Murrin wrote:Peace and Law. The first one is 100% essential for my character. Since you have War on there (not to mention Battle and Conquest) Peace seems an unusual omission.
Law and Chaos (as well as Good and Evil) are not in the domains list. That was a deliberate decision I made to ensure fewer problems the likes of which we tackled with Hedra and the Book of Law. But it also has another in-game reason...

Peace has been added to the House of Water.

EDIT: Also, while I mentioned that mortals may distinguish the Houses as Good and Evil, Light and Dark, Order and Chaos and so on, this does not mean that either Court "translates" as Good, Evil, Law or Chaos. The Courts are two different "hierarchies", established around the Oracles and the Divine Rights. Whether a Court is good or evil doesn't depend on the Court itself, but on the gods who belong to it; so a god of the sun who requests bloody sacrifices can still belong to the Sunrise Court without any problem.
Last edited by Xar on Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Ok.
Arcadia
Bloodguard

Post by Arcadia »

Name and Title: Calais, Queen of Earth
Court: none
Major domain: earth
Holy symbol: the circle
Dogma: The earth is constant and ever-changing. It is from the earth that all things begin and end. Although all life may pass away, the earth will never end. Thus is the never-ending cycle of the Queen of Earth. She is the beginning and the end. She is the constant and the ever-changing. She is the answer to all things.
Last edited by Arcadia on Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Many waters cannot quench love, neither can floods drown it. There is no fear in love; for perfect love cast out fear.
Arcadia
Bloodguard

Post by Arcadia »

Xar, could you please unlock the rules thread so that we can ask questions?

I have some questions about the rules but I don't want to use this thread. :)
Many waters cannot quench love, neither can floods drown it. There is no fear in love; for perfect love cast out fear.
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

Name: Devaguhya, Lord of Life
Court: Sunset
Major Domain: Life
Holy symbol:?
Dogma: Life gives meaning to existence. And through Me you will find your meaning and affirmation and joy! :D . Rejoice in the gift of Life that I have bestowed upon you! And through Me any death that occurs is but a transition to the next Life. Through Me, the best of you will achieve Life Eternal!!
Last edited by Madadeva on Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:04 pm, edited 5 times in total.
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam

Post by O-gon-cho »

Xar wrote: Also, if you intend to keep the deity from Pantheon 2.0, you'd better make sure he/she/it survives ;)
...grumble...

Not bloody likely the way I play...
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

Montressor wrote:I would really like to get in on this game, if possible.

If so, I'd be pleased to have:

EZTLICOATL, God of the Sun, Lord of the Sacrifice, the great Blood Snake.

Court: Unaligned (not sure how this works. The god would rely off human sacrifice, and would be considered angry and vengeful. I'm just not one for playing to alignments, I tend to be more ambiguous).
Major Domain: God of the Sun (so I assume that's Fire).
Holy Symbol: The sun, or any snake.
Dogma: A monotheism. All other gods are considered false, demonic, and charlatans who lead believers astray. Eztlicoatl is the One God who must be sated with blood sacrifice to garuntee prosperity and succour. He favours those who kill in his name, and offer the blood and flesh of another to him. He also favours scholars, who enlighten the way to the acceptance of Him as the One God.

An odd conception for a game called Pantheon, I know, but it strikes me as a fun idea to play.
You can be a God of the Sun taking the Sun domain, which would put you in the Sunrise Court. Since the Courts are not tied to alignments, you can be in the Sunrise Court even if you are a vengeful, angry deity.

I'll also pick up the chance to mention that the benefits of Courts are not to be underestimated. Not only do you get allies in your Court (since the Court's growth is related to the growth of every member and the weakening of the other Court, it makes little sense to attack members of your own Court, and it makes sense to attack members of the other Court), you also get a DRP pool you can draw upon, and you get an Oracle which can be rather useful when you don't know whether to do a risky action. The Divine Right increases as the power of individual deities in the Court increases, so a powerful Court will have a large pool of DRPs to use in case of need.

Unaligned gods have none of these benefits, but have more freedom of choice when dealing with other deities.
Arcadia
Bloodguard

Post by Arcadia »

You can be a God of the Sun taking the Sun domain, which would put you in the Sunrise Court. Since the Courts are not tied to alignments, you can be in the Sunrise Court even if you are a vengeful, angry deity.
Got my answer on the other thread. :wink:

Return to “Pantheon”