Yes!
64%
No!
36%

Total votes: 14

Moxinomal
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Moxinomal »

That's because you are trying to steal my DRP! :lol: Well I am having fun with the current one, but the next game is looking to get more and more interesting. Ahh! The choices!
Embracing me is to embrace the true way your mind works. Let yourself not be hindered by the false.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Tarnished Sword wrote:That's because you are trying to steal my DRP! :lol:
What an interesting take on the situation! ;) :lol:
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Vadhaka
Giantfriend

Post by Vadhaka »

Well folks, as it stands, we've got 3 votes to continue the game and 7 votes accounted for (out of 9) to end it.

Pretty clearly the majority is more interested in a new game.

You got about 7 hours or so from when I post this if you wanna vote yes, (players not deities, sorry for the misunderstanding) or account for your no votes. (Oh, wait a second...the only players not accounted for are Argothoth and Undine I think. (And me...I haven't voted.) Still, they gotta own up to be counted.

I gotta talk to Xar about a couple things in the meantime. I'm also opposed to Neph coming back. In the event of a similar device being necessary, I think a new one would be more fun.
Death To All Fanatics!
Bhakti
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Bhakti »

You don't have to go with the majority, you know. You can still do the right thing instead! :D
I am the self-fulfilling prophecy. Give love, and you WILL receive love. Let your every answer, your every action and reaction, your every desire, be rooted in love.
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam
Location: And closing of the eyes - true vision, The Light within became...Within the Light

Post by O-gon-cho »

Bhakti wrote:You don't have to go with the majority, you know. You can still do the right thing instead! :D
Hear, Hear!!
Vadhaka
Giantfriend

Post by Vadhaka »

You wanna play a game where 9 or 10 players are just going through the motions?
Death To All Fanatics!
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Seriously?

I think they would give it their all until it had an ending. I didn't even play 1.0, I only lurked then, and even I was dissatisfied with the way it ended.

I think everyone is excited at the potential of 3.0, and some have been excited by the idea of it for months. But there are some intense scenarios going on now, and I don't think the players would only be "going through the motions" despite what they voted, if we played on.

And, perhaps events could be guided to wrap things up sooner rather than later. But...I still do not like the idea of interdiction.

Just my :2c: though.
Bhakti
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Bhakti »

Vadhaka wrote:You wanna play a game where 9 or 10 players are just going through the motions?
If that's what you call it, sure! :lol:

Do you envision a game where that won't end up happening? At what point in P3 will X players get bored? I don't know what everybody's goals were when they started playing, so I don't know why they aren't still excited by how things are going. Maybe some achieved what they wanted, and there's no point in playing any longer. Maybe some didn't know what to expect, and enjoyed it for a while. But the novelty wore off. Maybe other problems.

But I'm still excited by it, so I'm going to try to keep it going.
I am the self-fulfilling prophecy. Give love, and you WILL receive love. Let your every answer, your every action and reaction, your every desire, be rooted in love.
Vadhaka
Giantfriend

Post by Vadhaka »

Well I gotta say its not looking good for you man. :D
Death To All Fanatics!
Bhakti
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Bhakti »

I hadn't noticed. :lol:
Vadhaka
Giantfriend

Post by Vadhaka »

:haha: :haha: :haha:
Death To All Fanatics!
Astavyastataa Kadna
Bloodguard

Post by Astavyastataa Kadna »

Bhakti wrote:I hadn't noticed. :lol:
Hasn't that always been your problem my friend! :P ;)
Vadhaka
Giantfriend

Post by Vadhaka »

Ok, looks like this is how it's gonna work...I'm asking Xar for a turn's grace before the interdict so that everybody gets a chance to make their last bequest, resolve moves, bury things for later, or whatever.

It'll take him two weeks or so to get the new game up and running. So one more turn after these results. The way I see it is that the results of that last turn will incorporate the interdiction.

Xar? You good with that?
Death To All Fanatics!
Astavyastataa Kadna
Bloodguard

Post by Astavyastataa Kadna »

Vadhaka wrote:Ok, looks like this is how it's gonna work...I'm asking Xar for a turn's grace before the interdict so that everybody gets a chance to make their last bequest, resolve moves, bury things for later, or whatever.

It'll take him two weeks or so to get the new game up and running. So one more turn after these results. The way I see it is that the results of that last turn will incorporate the interdiction.

Xar? You good with that?
I think the following:
The AllFather wrote:....
To this I would add a boon, for you have come for a selfless reason. If such will be your choice, before speaking the interdiction I shall allow each of you, dark and light alike, to bestow a last gift to the people of Eiran. This much I shall allow, before granting my world the healing it requires.
Is exactly what you are requesting!!
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

No, he's asking for a full turn. That's just 'one last gift'.
Vadhaka
Giantfriend

Post by Vadhaka »

Yeah. The gift can/should be incorporated in the submittal. But I want a last turn so that it doesn't end up in the air with people not knowing what happened to their actions ect. like last time.

Effectively, one more turn before the game ends, in which we do what we want, and make our bequest in preparation for our exile.
Death To All Fanatics!
Mistress Cathy
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Mistress Cathy »

That is a good idea, Vad.
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam
Location: And closing of the eyes - true vision, The Light within became...Within the Light

Post by O-gon-cho »

Will the gift we each bestow to the people of Eiran be a "freebie?" Or will we need to invest DRP into it to influence its effect?
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

No, this is how it's going to work. You have one more turn, so you're supposed to send in moves (by this weekend, btw) as if things were normal. I'll process the moves and send you the final results - i.e. the situation at the time the interdict will take place. THEN, you will be able to give this "last gift" (it's not compulsory), which will work as if you were performing a single action using as many DRPs as you want, up to your normal maximum. The action should fall into your sphere of influence - it could be anything from raising a mighty forest to crafting a powerful artifact to drop on Eiran, from granting eternal life to your prophet to filling Eiran with a necromantic field.

THEN, the interdict takes place. I sift through the turns, take all the stuff I can refer to or I can drop into P3 (artifacts, cities and so on), make a reference file, and then, presumably in 2-3 weeks after the interdict, the new game starts.

Btw, I've been asked to let you all know that Argothoth's player apologizes for not being here discussing the end of the world - he felt very ill and had to be brought to a hospital, but now he's recovering at home.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

If you speak to Argothoth's player soon, please send him my best wishes for a quick recovery.

Return to “Pantheon”