COFFEE TALK

Learn how to make Spring Wine and aliantha cookies.

Moderator: Menolly

Infelice
Lord

Post by Infelice »

I did myself a favour today and bought myself a new whizz-bang coffee maker machine...the kind that makes flat white coffee and cappuchinos and everything..... :D :D :D :D :D

Needless to say I have been plying myself with caffiene all day so Im gonna be up alllllllllllllll night 8O 8O 8O 8O
Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

Infelice wrote:I did myself a favour today and bought myself a new whizz-bang coffee maker machine...the kind that makes flat white coffee and cappuchinos and everything..... :D :D :D :D :D

Needless to say I have been plying myself with caffiene all day so Im gonna be up alllllllllllllll night 8O 8O 8O 8O
Now that you have had it for a couple of weeks, how do you like it? I've thought about splurging on one and am seeing if it's worth the money. :)
Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

I had the best americano yesterday. A place called Uncommon Grounds, near where I live. Coffee to me is generally the same and I don't notice much difference unless it's bad, but this was great. I think I found a new morning fillup station. :biggrin:
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

When out and about today and timorrow, if you're in the states, look for a local National Coffee Summit gathering in your area.

Grass roots, baby.
Even if we don't agree on outlook, opening civil communication on a local level is a step in the right direction.
Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

Are you sneaking tank topics in the galley? :P
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Just suggesting a little kaffeklach...
Kaydene
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kaydene »

I really, really love coffee. I made a deal with myself when I quit smoking that I wouldn't ever have to quit drinking coffee.

However, I don't have sweetener in it. Ugh....I don't understand coffee that tastes like dessert. You can't even taste the coffee! I have creamer in it, unflavored.

My favorites are Sumatra and Kona coffees. I really love earthy and bold types. I use a funnel basket filter. The one that doesn't require paper-filter things. Anyway, it produces a lovely mud on the bottom of my cup. Yum. The earthier, the better. I also really dig french-press, but it takes time so I save it for special occasions (i.e. with friends, etc).
"This is the room where Jezebel frescoed her eyelids with history's tragic glitter." ~Tom Robbins

matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

I like my daily coffee fix, but in small doses - I don't go for the humongous servings they have at, say, Starbucks. That and it's just too strong. However, I got a bag of Starbucks coffee as a gift from a co-worker and am enjoying it, now that I make it myself. I usually take my coffee with 2 sugar, no cream. Also bought a 1-cup coffeemaker that I use at my workplace - perfect for me.

When I do go out, my favorite coffee hang out is Second Cup. For donuts I head to Tim Horton's.

Looks like a nice day out there, so I'm going out for coffee right now. :)
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

I bought myself a bag of Kona blend in Hawaii. :mrgreen: And I brought back a bag of the real deal (100% Kona) for one of my attorneys. I picked it because of the label -- it features a seriously jittery surfer boy holding a cup of coffee and giving a thumbs-up. :lol: Here's their website.

I'm hoping Magickmaker got me some Blue Mountain coffee from Jamaica. :) I'm not a huge coffee fan, but with both Kona and Blue Mountain in the house, I imagine I'll be drinking it pretty regularly for awhile....

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Palm Lake Mustachio
Stonedownor

Post by Palm Lake Mustachio »

We've been getting supplied with flasks of coffee at work, had some t'other day for first time - totally vile. It seriously tastes as if it has been brewed from tobacco.

Just say as well I don't really care for most of the expensive tasteless fluff you get from Starbucks or Costa, probably the best cup I've bought here is from McDonalds! Yeah, yeah bah bah bah bah baaaah I'm lovin' it etc
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Dunkin' Donuts has pretty good coffee too -- just yer basic ol' American cup o' joe. ;)

Magickmaker did *not* bring me back Blue Mountain coffee. Too pricey for her. :( She says, however, that she did bring me some mango chutney -- which will be another thread, whenever I get it from her....

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

Kaydene
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kaydene »

I think good cups of coffee have a time and place, but there's nothing better than sitting in a crappy diner having a crappy cup of coffee. Honestly. It's nostalgic for me.
"This is the room where Jezebel frescoed her eyelids with history's tragic glitter." ~Tom Robbins

aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Kaydene wrote:I think good cups of coffee have a time and place, but there's nothing better than sitting in a crappy diner having a crappy cup of coffee. Honestly. It's nostalgic for me.
Heh. One of my better dinners on the Colorado drive was late one night in Kansas City on the way back, having breakfast-for-dinner and coffee at a Waffle House and listening to the truckers talk. :)

EZ Board Survivor

matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

Ultimately, as long as I have a fresh, hot cup of coffee in front of me, along with some variety of delicious treat, I don't much care what place I happen to be sitting in. (All right, I'm assuming the place at least has a table and a chair.) But, since there are good local coffee houses to go relax in, I might as well take advantage of them.
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

The Dunkin Donuts on my way to work offers $1 off and a free donut if you fill in their online survey and put the survey code on your receipt.

Silly Dunkin Donuts - there's no limit to how many times one can do the survey. So every morning I submit my survey code, and get a coffee and donut for $.84 (although mostly I pass on the donut) and collect my receipt. During work I do the survey. Repeat every day.
StevieG
Andelanian

Post by StevieG »

I can't believe I missed a coffee topic!!

I lOVE coffee! I have 2 a day, the last one at lunch. I don't like large coffees, latte is my standard, no sugar, with some strength but not much bitterness, nice crema! Hmm, just about time for one now...

Something like what I drink

We have a fancy coffee machine at home as my wife used to have a "cake" cafe and when it closed we took the coffee machine and plumbed it in at home. It's a San Marino single group - it's fantastic!
Hugs and sh!t ~ lucimay

I think you're right ~ TheFallen
Harbinger
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Harbinger »

My brother had beautiful white teeth when he started med school. He started drinking coffee in med school. That was 12 years ago. He doesn't have beautiful white teeth anymore.

I got a feeling that will change though since I busted his chops about it Memorial weekend.
Never underestimate the power of denial. - Ricky Fitts
Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zarathustra »

Teeth naturally lose their white luster as we age. I suppose that drinking dark beverages can have an effect, but it's going to happen regardless of what you do. And there are plenty of cheap whitening products.

I don't understand the Starbucks hate. Sure, they charge too much, and they're all "corporationy," but their brew is absolutely better than McDonalds.

I don't shop there, personally, but I do buy their bagged beans at the grocery store. It's easy to find, orders of magnitude better than anything else on the shelf at Walmart, and much cheaper than any other cup you can buy out at a restaurant (even if you do fill out a survey to make it cheaper :P ).
Joe Biden … putting the Dem in dementia since (at least) 2020.
Kaydene
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kaydene »

I enjoy a Starbucks Americano once in a while, but I find their drip coffee disgusting. It sits there for so long that it burns and has the flavor of scorched beans. *shudder*.

wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Kaydene wrote:I enjoy a Starbucks Americano once in a while, but I find their drip coffee disgusting. It sits there for so long that it burns and has the flavor of scorched beans. *shudder*.
I'm pretty sure it starts off with that flavor.

Return to “The Galley”