COFFEE TALK

Learn how to make Spring Wine and aliantha cookies.

Moderator: Menolly

Biff
Giantfriend

COFFEE TALK

Post by Biff »

Here is a place to come... share, recommend and enjoy the majesty that is JOE!

For me, Coffee is a way of life, a passion that caress's me to life in the morning then holds my hand as I labor about my day till alas she kisses my lips to lull me to sleep when the shadows fall over me.

Ahhhh... Coffee, black gold, java, liquid energy...
Come, talk and enjoy a fresh hot cup today!
*Biff* - Doing the Wiggles dance.
Infelice
Lord

Post by Infelice »

Gee Biff......You're really into this coffee thing aren't ya. :)
I like the odd shot of caffiene myself....I like it STRONG and WHITE and SWEET. :twisted:

And then there is Cappuccino........you better not get me started 8O :roll:
The Leper Fairy
The Gap Into Spam

Post by The Leper Fairy »

I only like them when they taste like liquid candy bars. (About 98% flavoring :D ) Mmm... coffee...

Gas station coffee is the BEST. They get all the flavors just right. Plus it's insanely cheaper then anything Starbucks.

Pie and Cake
Vain
Nom

Post by Vain »

Hate to say this but I'm not that into coffee. That's not to say I'm not a caffeine junky :)
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

nuthin like a latte in the mornin....or the afternoon or evening 4 that matter.

sum sui generis
You do not hear, and so you cannot be redeemed.

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

I hear ya, Vain. My body is addicted to caffeine, but I generally don't drink coffee. Occasionally I'll get a mocha (white chocolate, mmm), but most of the time I'll just get something like a glass of milk with a shot of Irish cream, a frappacino, or whatnot. Which reminds me of a thread I need to make.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Biff
Giantfriend

Coffee as a snack

Post by Biff »

I make a half pot of coffee each day at 2pm... a full pot takes like 3 scoops to make, well I make my 2pm HALF pot with 4... but thats not all.

Once it's brewed I fill my cup just shy of the rim 2 cm or so. Then, yes then... Oh God yes then... the last bit is filled with pure cane sugar... LOTS OF SUGAR...

So thick, so rich, so balck, so so sweet... I gotta go... I feel funny now ;)
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

What about turkish coffee, Biff? I've tried it a few times and thought it was definately an interesting experience (plus there's actually an art of divination performed by turning over your nearly empty cup on a napkin and examining the circle of grains).
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Biff
Giantfriend

Post by Biff »

Caer Sylvanus wrote:What about turkish coffee, Biff? I've tried it a few times and thought it was definately an interesting experience (plus there's actually an art of divination performed by turning over your nearly empty cup on a napkin and examining the circle of grains).
OK... I had no Idea the Turk’s made a special coffee, and I have been in country.

Think there's a place to buy it on-line that I might get my shaking hands on some and cure this retched longing you now place upon me?!?!
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

I'm not sure, but I think you might need a samovar to make it (though I imagine a percolater might work). Heck, dunno. The best place to get it is at a mediterranean/mid-eastern restaurant.
-George Steiner
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

also not that into coffee .. but like vain .. i am a caffeine junky!! got to have my cokes!!!
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Biff
Giantfriend

Post by Biff »

Infelice wrote:Gee Biff......You're really into this coffee thing aren't ya. :)
I like the odd shot of caffiene myself....I like it STRONG and WHITE and SWEET. :twisted:

And then there is Cappuccino........you better not get me started 8O :roll:
Hello Infelice, I don’t think I have responded to you directly in this forum yet, so let me do so now… You wonder if I like COFFEE… Yes, yes I do… But I like it best when shared (first thing in the morning) with someone I care for.

:wink: [/quote]
Biff
Giantfriend

Post by Biff »

Caer Sylvanus wrote:I'm not sure, but I think you might need a samovar to make it (though I imagine a percolater might work). Heck, dunno. The best place to get it is at a mediterranean/mid-eastern restaurant.
A samovar, :?: Silver little anti gravity thing with 3 parts and 2 gaskets where the water is at bottom, grounds in middle and final brew atop? Found in most kitchens along the coast line of the Mediterranean sea... :?:

If so, I have two... the petite and the Jumbo!

Now all I need is the Turk blend... *lips moist, tongue quivering and hands mulling over and over themselves.*
Hellfire
Giantfriend

Post by Hellfire »

I just adore java. I have worked in three different cafe's as a barista(one of them Starbucks) and I have a Starbucks' Barista Aroma coffee maker that I put to work every morning. I used to have a little espresso maker but it was a cheapy one and I had to retire it about a year ago.

My favorite plain coffee is the medium bodied Sumatra Mandiling from Starbucks. Folgers makes a nice breakfast blend as well. And then there is Vanilla Nut from Millstone. Whenever I get the cheap gas station coffee I always load up on Southern Pecan and I take a few extra home with me :P

I used to love Mocha Valencias also. They are great iced. I miss making home made mochas. Maybe a new cupaccino machine will go on my wish list. Great topic Biff.
"Hellfire! Everybody in this whole business, you and everyone keep accusing me of being some sort of closet expert. I tell you, I don't know one damn thing about this unless someone explains it to me. I'm not your bloody Berek."
Biff
Giantfriend

Post by Biff »

Hers my favorite blend. I have to make it myself.

I love French Roasted coffee... but it is too week.
I love Community Betweem Roast (A louisiana blend) It's rich and full flavored but it is too barky!

So one day, I just mixed had enough, and put them both together... WOW... it rocks!

And Hellfire, sounds like you have skills in the Joe house. When I retire, I want to open a restaurant. Well that’s half the building... the other half will be a Coffee/Cigar/Desert/Blues Bar. Maybe you could manage that half for me.
Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

Coffee is a morning drink for me. I only drink it black. On an average morning I might have 3 cups. I'm not very picky about what brand I drink, but I must admit that I'm getting fond of the coffee from the Dunkin Donuts shop in the office building.

After about 10am I'm done with coffee for the day. I'll drink ice tea or soda then.
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Yep, that sounds like it. Two, eh? Now there's a man who loves his coffee.

And suddenly I'm reminded of Jon Stewart and squirrels.
-George Steiner
Hellfire
Giantfriend

Post by Hellfire »

Biff wrote:And Hellfire, sounds like you have skills in the Joe house. When I retire, I want to open a restaurant. Well that’s half the building... the other half will be a Coffee/Cigar/Desert/Blues Bar. Maybe you could manage that half for me.
Sure just send over that private jet every morning to get that 800 mile trek to work out of the way and I will gladly be there with bells on. :wink:
"Hellfire! Everybody in this whole business, you and everyone keep accusing me of being some sort of closet expert. I tell you, I don't know one damn thing about this unless someone explains it to me. I'm not your bloody Berek."
Biff
Giantfriend

Post by Biff »

Hellfire wrote:
Biff wrote:And Hellfire, sounds like you have skills in the Joe house. When I retire, I want to open a restaurant. Well that’s half the building... the other half will be a Coffee/Cigar/Desert/Blues Bar. Maybe you could manage that half for me.
Sure just send over that private jet every morning to get that 800 mile trek to work out of the way and I will gladly be there with bells on. :wink:
Well where do you live??? I'll check out the local market, and just open a shop there! :wink:
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

i dont drink coffee .. but i do enjoy inhaling coffee aromas ;) its a pity it tastes so bad but :(
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR

Return to “The Galley”