Pantheon - The Hall of Lost Worlds

Moderator: Xar

Xar
Lord

Pantheon - The Hall of Lost Worlds

Post by Xar »

Somewhere in the Outer Void, where thoughts and dreams alike are formed and die, is a place that is not a place, a haven for those who know of its existence, and come to it in peace, away from the cares of the world, away from wars and battles and suffering that are the lot of mortalkind.

In the Hall of Lost Worlds, amidst columns of marble beneath the fires of countless stars, adrift in the nothingness of the void, many are the guests, strange and wondrous alike. But none are stranger and more enthralling than the Old Gods of Eiran. From the previous Ages of the world they have come, having left the mortal world behind, either by choice or banishment. And it is here that they can gather, and though the world is far from the Hall, it is here that they can meet, and talk. No war, no violence is allowed in the Hall; words only are allowed, for gods and others to fence with. And though their influence has waned, though they may not be remembered by the mortals of Eiran, here these gods-that-were can meet, talking of that which came before, or that which will come again...

Welcome to the Hall of Lost Worlds.

The Hall of Lost Worlds is a roleplaying section of the Pantheon game. It has no effect on the game itself, and exists only to give players who enjoy roleplaying, and who enjoyed their characters from P1 and P2, the chance to play them some more, in some fashion. Here, players can once more take the roles of their deities in previous versions of Pantheon, and maybe comment the events of P3 from the point of view of the old deities, or perhaps, who knows, settle old disagreements, or argue about what-have-you. If you remember Solus's comments during P2, you have a good idea of what I envisioned this thread as. This is a strictly in-character topic, though, and if there is not enough interest in it, I'll delete it.
Hopefully, enough of you will enjoy this chance to keep roleplaying your old characters even once P3 kicks in!

Please be careful: only deities who are not actively involved in the current version of the Pantheon game can post in here: uninvolved players, or deities from the current iteration of the Pantheon game, should refrain from posting in here, and I'll delete their posts if they do. This Hall is a privilege of the old gods - if you're still playing yours in the Pantheon game, you don't have any need for the Hall ;)

Players who are also playing P3 might get bonuses from good roleplaying in this thread.
Last edited by Xar on Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:05 am, edited 3 times in total.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Where the hell are Solus and Old Bhakti? I know it's somebody else's round.
Old Bhakti
Servant of the Land

Post by Old Bhakti »

Sorry it took me so long to get here, my friend. Traffic was terrible!!

Post by Avatar »

Stop making excuses and get one in before Solus gets here. :lol: I'm pretty sure the kids will be here too before long. ;)
Old Bhakti
Servant of the Land

Post by Old Bhakti »

I wish it was so, old friend. *bows head and squeezes eyes shut tightly for a moment* I have a sad story to tell... *signals to the serving girl*

Post by Avatar »

Ah hell my friend. I tell you what. I'll get this one.
Amplarx
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Amplarx »

Hello, old friends.

Everyone thought me dead, but the battle with Nephirthos simply weakened me. I have returned now, and I'm in the mood for vengeance!
Conduct yourself always with honour.
Nephirthos
Servant of the Land

Post by Nephirthos »

Hello, brothers!
Argothoth
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Argothoth »

MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I'm here, friends and foes!
Death is the threshold through which life eternal is reached.
Saving Eiran is the main reason for existing.
Embrace Death as the best means towards this goal.

The most powerful god in Eiran Pantheon 2.0
Divine Rank: 11
Total Worshipers and Prevalent Race: 2.411.443 (undead humans)
Old Bhakti
Servant of the Land

Post by Old Bhakti »

Hello Amplarx!!! And Argothoth! :D I'd forgotten just how ugly you are, you Undead beast! ;) :lol: Truly good to see you again!

All of you. My three allies with me again. Good timing, I guess. Who better to share this with. Eiran was where we met, and Eiran is where my son ended. I got a letter from Bhakti. Hang on a second... *looks through pockets*
Old Bhakti
Servant of the Land

Post by Old Bhakti »

Here it is. *puts a letter on the table for them to read*
Dear Dad,

I'm sorry to say Goodbye this way. I'm so sorry. But time is extremely short. Delays would cost untold lives. And when you're done reading, you'll know that I couldn't have told you in person. You'd try to stop me, and I won't be stopped.

I have to go, Dad. You've always told me that even gods don't get to live forever. I'm now proof of that. You also taught me that gods have responsibilities to their followers; we don't just take. Well, my followers have been good, and true. And now they need everything I can give them. Nothing less than everything will do.

I have dreamed a dream, and now that dream has gone from me.

Glory turned to horror.

I told you about Shakari when I originally got there, and started turning it into a fortress for my followers to live safely. Shakari was beautiful beyond words!! Oh, man, you and Mom should have seen it!! So many Trees of every kind. So many species of plants. So many species of animals. All working together in the perfect harmony of Nature, forming the most wonderful Forest the world had ever seen.

But that's Mom's end of things. For you... Love like you wouldn't believe!! It was inhabited by people, dragons, satyrs, and so many others! You should have seen the Love elemental I made! :D All Loving to their utmost. A veritable beacon for the rest of Eiran; a shining example of what life could be like for all, if they only so choose.

And Shakari was powerful beyond all my dreams! It has long been impervious to magical flame, wood-eating insects, and rot. (That happened after that business with the Abomination I told you about.) It has long had an instinctive ability to fight for itself, keeping intruders out.

Then, after years of building and setbacks, it was finally achieving the kind of strength to be able to resist what the evil members of the Pantheon would likely be throwing at it again and again and again. I merged the soul of my first Prophet with the Forest. Dad, he was a good man. He Loved like no other! He was raising this adorable little six-armed girl, who had a spiffy little power of her own! Nobody in the world ever would have guessed they weren't biologically father and daughter. I mean, they Loved each other as much as you or I could have hoped for our followers. But he died in an accident. His soul joined with Shakari gave it awareness... abilities... a new level of Love for the Forest itself!!

And now it's gone. All gone. It's damaged beyond description. And the Allfather's Interdict prevents me from repairing and regrowing. Ah, Shakari! My beautiful Shakari! My followers are dead or maddened. Which would the maddened have chosen if they knew what was coming?

I have no choice. Though I cannot stay, neither can I leave. I will not go on about my merry way, wandering through the cosmos, starting over elsewhere, knowing that they are possibly dying every moment. Possibly killing each other in their insanity! So I'm... well... I guess I'm going to die, Dad. I'm going to speak the Word of Unbinding. I'm going to release all that I am into Shakari. The Forest and my followers will get every bit of divine Love and Forest Health I can give them. Simply spending power on it wouldn't be sufficient in the face of what the World Breaker has done. I won't do that, watch it fall short, then watch through the Interdict as things get worse. I'd rather give everything I can, giving them the best chance possible.

Jove feels the same way. I'm sorry you two couldn't have gotten to know each other better. That one visit we made isn't nearly enough, eh? But then, I guess no amount of visiting is ever enough...

It's odd. This is the last time you and I will communicate in any way. You'd think I would have so much to say... But I can't think of anything. Maybe there's nothing left to say, eh? What haven't we said in the centuries I've been alive? You and I have been more than father and son; more than friends. You taught me the Way of Love, and I can't imagine a better way of living life. We've had our adventures; our laughs; our tragedies; our tears. We've talked about everything in creation. You know all I am and all I feel. Maybe that's why I'm out of words already.

And I know you, too. You might wish it was otherwise, but I know you'd do the same if you were in my position.

Well, I have to get going now. I wish I could write more. Or visit gain. Or... something. But I'm just rambling now. I know I'm doing the right thing, but it's still a bit unsettling, eh? But things are getting worse every moment. I need to act as soon as possible.

Please check back when you can to see if the Interdict is down. Your grandchildren might need your help from time to time.

Goodbye, Dad. I Love You.

-B-
stonemaybe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by stonemaybe »

in the darkness, a spark
Aglithophile and conniptionist and spectacular moonbow beholder 16Jul11

(:/>
Mistress Cathy
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Mistress Cathy »

Hello, boys.
Mithyaat Vam
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Mithyaat Vam »

adjust your bejeweled spectacles WENCH, i believe we've got ourselves a tavern of full grown men here!! :lol:

who's buyin'? :cheers:
...and on the last day we feasted, like carrion, on her dreams.
~Irvea - from The Death of Mithyaat Vam
Mistress Cathy
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Mistress Cathy »

The boys are buying, as well they should. Heh.
Solus
Woodhelvennin

Post by Solus »

Ha! Buy me a drink, young lady, and I'll tell you a tale worth the telling, by... by Jupiter? No, that's not it. By Neptune? Closer, but... well, by somebody, I assure you.
"The winds and waves are always on the side of the ablest navigators."
-E. Gibbon
Simjen
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Simjen »

No need, friend. I've just brought enough of Maggido's finest ale to last us through the next age.

*takes a closer look at his compatriots*

Make that halfway through. Guess we'll have send one of the pups for a run later.
Said she, "What I get I get out of the fire,
So prithee, strike home and redouble the blow."
stonemaybe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by stonemaybe »

Maggido's finest ale is most welcome, Simjen, but what about my wallet of Divine Strain that you went home with last night?
Aglithophile and conniptionist and spectacular moonbow beholder 16Jul11

(:/>
Simjen
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Simjen »

*cough* Ix-nay on the ain-stray *cough, glances at Hedra with his eyes*

Perhaps we should move to the back room, Brother. I'd tell you the rest of the little ditty from where I got my signature from, but I'm afraid it might offend the delicate sensibilities of the lady folk.
Said she, "What I get I get out of the fire,
So prithee, strike home and redouble the blow."
Mithyaat Vam
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Mithyaat Vam »

ahhhh! dwarrow ale. my one mortal weakness. :twisted:
...and on the last day we feasted, like carrion, on her dreams.
~Irvea - from The Death of Mithyaat Vam

Return to “Pantheon”