Borderlands - Rules Thread

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

*enjoying lurking already*
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Feel free to lurk to your heart's content. Some players might even let you in on what's happening behind the scenes, though I won't do that myself, so as not to inadvertently leak intelligence.

I have received everyone's starting dispositions, and am beginning to calculate pre-game reports. I have still to do a few more location and encounter types, and then I'll get on with it. As Halal is on holidays until the 1st, I had to rush ahead and do his pre-game report first, so that he could write some orders. This is only really possible since he is Shelter Dweller player and, thus, there is less starting info for me to have to work out (which I need to tell him).

Never fear, everyone should have their reports by Monday. Turn one orders will be due on Friday the 30th. Please remember to be clear and concise with order writing, and to always specify the unit/units which are performing orders. Also, remember that your units do not start the game formed into companies.

Also - the game thread will be up soon, in two or three days. That will set the tone for future commentary, say something about the apocalypse, and give a place for players to post 'in character' stuff.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Montressor wrote:Feel free to lurk to your heart's content. Some players might even let you in on what's happening behind the scenes, though I won't do that myself, so as not to inadvertently leak intelligence.
Thank you, Montressor. I already have one explaining some things to me. But any others who would be willing to do the same is more than welcome.
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

Aiden Gale wrote:I'll just do what others do when they need to up their postcount: head for Mallory's.
some of us are watch noobs and dont leave gravin threndor mate.

out theres so... scary, while in heres so safe, despite all the crazed tree hugging pantheon players
Cobalt
Ramen

Post by Cobalt »

You say that like it's a bad thing. :biggrin:
“A stone is heavy and the sand is weighty; but a fool's wrath is heavier than them both.”
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Dorian wrote:
Aiden Gale wrote:I'll just do what others do when they need to up their postcount: head for Mallory's.
some of us are watch noobs and dont leave gravin threndor mate.
Pheh. Vespers is kinda friendly.
And I personally vouch for my domain, The Galley.
Dorian wrote:out theres so... scary, while in heres so safe, despite all the crazed tree hugging pantheon players
:biggrin:

Only some of us are tree hugging. Now stop basing your overall impression of a few (one?) player/s.
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

Ill bash all I like. Im a fascist! that makes me superior!!
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

*shaking head and softly smiling*
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

Never fear, everyone should have their reports by Monday.
So this is turn one?
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Your orders due on the 30th will be for turn 1, but wait until you receive your pre-game report before sending me your orders.
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

All pre-game reports have now been sent. Orders for turn 1 are due this Friday the 30th.

Enjoy.

Also, barring odd circumstance or GM exhaustion, the game thread will be up tomorrow night.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

An excellent turn, I might add. :)
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Thanks.

I have added the game thread. Please remember that the comments by my alter-ego, the historian Alexei Valliss, are written about twenty years after the events of the game. However, anything he says should be considered common knowledge.

In some game write-ups, a rumours section will be added.

Please use the Game Thread for any in character write-ups or dialogue (assuming you want your announcements to be public). All factions have radio equipment which they can use to contact other players (i.e. in the game thread, or via PMs etc). This is a game conceit to allow interaction.

Of course, effort and participation in the game thread will be rewarded, though people should not feel compelled to post there if they don't want to.
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

A reminder:

Turn One orders are due tomorrow night. You have slightly over 24 hrs to submit them. Please send orders to the email account which I have sent you all the info from - i.e., not the Montressor account.
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

I'll submit mine tonight. About six or seven, western US time, so I think around your lunch time. I think. :D
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

which is 12 hours too late id like to point out, us being well behind Australia and NZ. Im lucky, im two hours ahead :P :P
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

By the way, someone else post in the game thread. I dontwanna post till someone else does, so do eeeettt
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

Dorian wrote:which is 12 hours too late id like to point out, us being well behind Australia and NZ. Im lucky, im two hours ahead :P :P
Pft. You guy's and your backwards time scale. :P
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

Turn submitted, and a GREAT one at that. Looks like a killer game, Montressor.
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Thanks! :D

Brownie points for you :wink:

Return to “Borderlands”