Borderlands - Rules Thread

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

...Oh...

Kissing up to the GM helps?
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

Well I doubt it. Kissing him sure doesnt. Trust me, I tried. And sending him dodgy photos dont. Him and lore just jerked off to em, aye lore?

Well thats what he said anyway
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

That potty mouth trouble causer
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Dorian wrote:Well I doubt it. Kissing him sure doesnt. Trust me, I tried. And sending him dodgy photos dont. Him and lore just jerked off to em, aye lore?

...hmmm...

Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Dorian wrote:Well I doubt it. Kissing him sure doesnt. Trust me, I tried. And sending him dodgy photos dont. Him and lore just jerked off to em, aye lore?

LMAO :lol:

[Mental note to reroll the next good result for the LSF]
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

See! Even black humour doesnt work
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

*grin*

:learning as I lurk:
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Well, I'm fairly damn happy with my new system - calculating all player's turns simultaneously with the assistance of an interger generator took me less than ten minutes. I'll write and release all faction reports this evening.
Last edited by Montresor on Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

Montressor wrote:Well, I'm fairly damn happy with my new system - calculating all players turns simultaneously with the assistance of an interger generator took me less than ten minutes. I'll write and release all faction reports this evening.
WHAT!?

Man. That kicks ass.

WOO HOO! :biggrin:
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
James Randel
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by James Randel »

My last post was purely story, so please dont reply to it or act upon any knowledge gleaned from it
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

All turn reports have been sent. A new game thread addition by me may or may not be added this turn.

Turn Two orders are due Friday the 7th. I may going away that weekend, so won't get much time to work on the turn, though if people can submit turns earlier, I can process the turn sooner, and have it done by the Monday, with a bit of luck.

A quick note of clarification (as one player has asked me this, and others are probably wondering) - Supply consumption and generation is calculated at the end of every month. Turns represent one week. This is done to cut down on book-keeping time for me, to make the game run faster, and to leave a degree of uncertainty for players.
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

After much deliberation on my part, I have decided to make STAFF a new order. You may find it in the order list summary. Players need not worry about any elements they have staffed in the first turn, this rule applies only from Turn Two onwards.
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

So that all know - we now have a seventh player, starting on turn two. I'll allow that player to introduce themselves, however.
Shadow Strike
Stonedownor

Post by Shadow Strike »

Montressor wrote:So that all know - we now have a seventh player, starting on turn two. I'll allow that player to introduce themselves, however.
An evil robot monkey named Jim? :D
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

na a homosexual monkey called Ch1mpgay more like
Shadow Strike
Stonedownor

Post by Shadow Strike »

Dorian wrote:na a homosexual monkey called Ch1mpgay more like

... Fetch my musket
Halal Kebab
Servant of the Land

Post by Halal Kebab »

and some elbow grease....
Cobalt
Ramen

Post by Cobalt »

Turn uhh... two? Sent.

Short story in a few days when I have a day off from work.
“A stone is heavy and the sand is weighty; but a fool's wrath is heavier than them both.”
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Received and it looks all good.

I've had a few enquiries about element sizes, so I thought I'd point something out - 1 element always has more than one person in it (the only exceptions are Commander Units and spies). So, if a player has 3 Cannibal Raiders, this does not mean there are only 3 men/women in that group. Most likely, there are between 15 and 30. Military units generally have around 5, scouts usually have about 3, workers can have up to ten people in an element etc etc.

1 unit of PEOPLE is roughly equivalent to 5-20 people (counting the infirm or the too young). So, if someone has a dozen elements and 30 PEOPLE their faction probably has about 400 people in it. Though players should not concern themselves too much with just how many people are in this or that unit - in all likelihood, the same kinds of squads would have different numbers.

Also, a reminder - orders are due tomorrow...sooner means I can process the turn this week.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Hmm. I had entirely forgotten about the time difference--it's already Friday there, isn't it? I need to get moving on my orders.

Return to “Borderlands”