Borderlands - Rules Thread

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Orders due tomorrow.
"For the love of God, Montresor!"
"Yes," I said, "for the love of God!" - Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado.

Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

*sigh*

I was hoping anyone else would post in the game thread before I posted again. But I want to post before I submit my Orders. So, I'll post in the morning when I wake up, regardless of if there are any other posts after my last one...

~*~edit~*~

...I really am not good at dialog, and speech making is not my thing, but here goes...
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT:

For reasons which I fully support, and which are beyond the provenance of this site, a player has had to take a break from things for awhile. Real life is more important than any game, of course, but it has some major effects for the world of Borderlands.

To carry on playing without the player will be extremely problematic for balance reasons (whether they can rejoin later or not), and it poses a major issue for me as the GM.

Therefore, I would like to throw it out to the players to see what you all would want to do. Suggest anything you like. One option that is not really doable is me taking over the player's faction for a short time (as I would have too much game knowledge and would find it difficult to make impartial choices).

I'll add some suggestions of my own in a few days if no-one throws anything out there.
"Yes," I said, "for the love of God!" - Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado.

Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

False alarm, folks. Things will procceed as normal. However, due to the delay associated with this, I won't have the turn done until the end of next week. Plenty of time for you all to plot, connive, or do nothing at all.

Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Yay!
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Shock announcement #2:

We are taking a little break from Borderlands. I have my grant confirmation hearing coming up very, very soon, and will be burning midnight oil working on that. I also have to plan for a seminar which I really won't even know if I have to give or not until I travel interstate in a couple weeks.

I'm really sorry to have to delay things like this, but the vagaries of my chosen career dictate my schedule at the moment. Don't expect results to be posted until the 9th of May.

However, if more than half of the players post here and say yes, than I can release some very basic turn results (ie, without any attempt at narrative or description). The results would be very basic. Very. i.e. - elements built X, Y, Z; Element A moves to B, fights wth C, C destroyed.

If people give me their opinion on that in a couple of days, I can have the turn results posted by the end of this week.

Injerian Praetus II
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Injerian Praetus II »

I say 'yes' to the delay.
"Oh of course," the Navigator said with faint mocking in his voice, "you have probably heard of House Praetus. We have a palace on Holy Terra. Like all powerful groups, we also have our enemies. Do you honestly think someone like you matters?" - A dissolute noble.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

I am of the opinion that a game like this needs to always take a back seat to the real life situation of the game master. So the delay does not bother me, as long as eventually the game will go forth.

As for results...

This was supposed to be the monthly detailed report, right? As I am known for saying over on Pantheon, I would rather wait to receive a more detailed results write-up, then rush the game master. If a basic report was sent, with the intent that the monthly details would be forthcoming later, but before we sent in our next Orders, then OK. If it is sent to replace the detailed reports, I would rather wait.
Halal Kebab
Servant of the Land

Delay of reports

Post by Halal Kebab »

I would rather wait until 9th May. The story is what drives the game so let's do it properly. Also, I'm heading off to Egypt until 18 May so will have to put my next orders in late anyway. I'm planning on picking up some scythed chariots for my faction!
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

:LOLS:

Don't give me ideas!

Delayed it shall be. I will add a report tonight of an important random event, as a teaser.

Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

Good to see my counter spy network has managed to even fool google as to the power of my forces...

So menolly, my happy neighbor, wish to help me jump up in population growth this month? I need a handy player character to help me convince the locals that Im strong... :twisted:
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

...hmph...

With the posting of the current random event, was such a strategy ever in doubt?

...yeah, yeah...OK, OK Game Master...

Uhm...

No!

I've been talked into doing my best, and to not have a defeatist attitude.

*snort*

...wishing I had some DRPs to put into divine defenses...
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

So, you've found the tool I use to resolve all combat situations in Borderlands . . .

You cheated, btw. Had you entered the USA instead of Halal Kebab, you would have been beaten by about 4000 points.

Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Oops! Sorry, Menolly . . . that's twice now, but I accidentally deleted your post.

Perhaps that's the penalty for cheating with the USA.

Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Montresor wrote:Oops! Sorry, Menolly . . . that's twice now, but I accidentally deleted your post.

Perhaps that's the penalty for cheating with the USA.
But...I didn't cheat!

Should I have used The Mykyta instead of Shadow Strike?
He's the other one who does not post on a separate account, that I know of...

*shaking head*

...mod tools abuser... ;)

Funny...Shadow Strike said via messenger that he was sitting and watching the thread, just waiting for an argument...
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

OK, OK, OK...

The Sisters of Solace vs. The USA (proper)

yeesh
Want to bet results would be different if I could remember what the acromym USA stood for in game?

The Sisters of Solace vs. The Mykyta (proper)

heh.
That's more like it.

...happy???

~*~edit~*~

*wicked grin*

The Sisters of Solace vs. The Utopian States of America

:twisted:
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

It's a good thing for Halal that I use the Acronym.

Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

heh

:|

g'night all
Halal Kebab
Servant of the Land

Sisters of Solace vs USA

Post by Halal Kebab »

I think using the USA is appropriate, it is in common usage and that rule even applies for Scrabble!

Besides, the stick figure for the USA looks just like my leader - Google is simply amazing!!!

Return to “Borderlands”