Borderlands - Rules Thread

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

I have to say that the game is rapidly becoming more interesting now. I can't wait for the results.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Interesting turn. Things are starting to get tricky.
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Indeed . . .

All reports sent.

There will be no history write-up for Turn Nine. Perhaps nothing of great import happened, perhaps rumours are travelling slowly . . .

TURN TEN orders due this Friday the 21st of March.
"For the love of God, Montresor!"
"Yes," I said, "for the love of God!" - Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado.

Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Well...
Not great, but that went far better than I expected.
...not happy about this latest radio transmission from the RU though...

And by the by...

Happy birthday, Montresor!
(it is the 17th where you're at, yes?)
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Yes, alas, someone had to spread that news on to this site . . .

Anyway - as I will be away for a few days over the weekend, everyone has until Sunday the 23rd ofMarch to submit orders. Those who submit much earlier will speed things along.
"Yes," I said, "for the love of God!" - Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado.

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

My orders are almost all worked out, so you'll see them fairly soon.
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

By all means, send away :) I can do nine tenths of everyone's turn before Thursday if they submit early, which means, come Sunday, I shall be able to release reports on time, rather than late.

Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

*nod*

I need to consult with a few others, but otherwise I think I'm ready to go. If I can reach everyone I need to talk to, I should be sending out tomorrow night, my time.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Sent. :)
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Montresor, pending input from others my Orders will be delayed a day or so. But, you should definitely have them soon enough to start working on them before you leave.
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Menolly wrote:Montresor, pending input from others my Orders will be delayed a day or so. But, you should definitely have them soon enough to start working on them before you leave.
I leave in a day.

Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Thanks to the three players who managed to submit so early, I have already calculated fifty percent of the Turn Ten results.

So far we've had - One player's faction leader come under attack; and two cruel massacres perpetrated by the same faction [whether that's a PC or NPC faction remains to be seen]. Also, some people may have learnt that, when someone makes a promise, they stick to it...The jackboot has come down very hard this turn on some.

Finally, in the spirit of the game, some players are sliding deeper and deeper into a food supply crisis.

Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Almost done with the results (I'll release reports in a few hours). One thing I want to mention and, to avoid forgetting about it, a few players were a little ambiguous with their SCROUNGE orders this turn. I wasn't entirely sure whether they were scrounging or not. In future, could people just be slightly clearer - for instance, writing the actual order command in BOLD is helpful.

EDIT - yet more battles happening this turn. Others learn that dogs are no longer man's best friend.

Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

Fucking dogs. I shall eradicate them with extreme prejudice
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Dorian wrote:Fucking dogs. I shall eradicate them with extreme prejudice
awwww...

Now what could you possibly have against the sweet wee beasties.

:twisted:
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Haha!

That's more or less how I see them, funnily enough.

There were quite a few run-ins with wild this week. Almost every single player had some kind of battle, or came under attack. Almost everyone has suffered casualties. A harsh turn in the wastes. Am releasing results now.

Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

All reports released. The map will finally be updated tonight or tomorrow night.

TURN ELEVEN orders are due Saturday the 29th of March.

Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Montresor wrote:Haha!

That's more or less how I see them, funnily enough.
Yeah...
I figured the Hounds of Chaos were the perfect depiction.
...and so yummy...!
;)
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

That looks like a skinny puppy version, though.

After much deliberation, and an extreme reluctance to run NPC factions, I have come up with a means of dealing with the unfair advantage many players have due to there being zones of the map near them with no rival PC faction. The two most hemmed in factions will receive a small bonus in resources, or in units.

Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

New addendum to the Diplomacy section:

Trade between player factions

Trade is a necessity for survival in the Borderlands. It is highly unlikely that one faction will find itself comfortably represented in every resource type. Therefore, players will need to trade amongst themselves, and decide upon there own prices. Resources need to be shifted by elements from one of their structures either to another faction's elements or settlements. Once a player has received resources, he may not use them until they have been transported back to a settlement.

Though this may sound complicated or impractical, it is remarkably easy to achieve. Certain structures can be built anywhere in the wastes and used to transport goods. Guard posts, way stations, and unique (non-settlement) locations, like gas stations, can be used for this purpose. If a location isn't a settlement, however, there is a limit of 5 resources per turn maximum which can be traded in this fashion.

Also, some players are using off-base orders for shifting PEOPLE - this is not necessary. No order is required to shift PEOPLE. A simple direction in your orders is fine.

Return to “Borderlands”