Borderlands - Rules Thread

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Dorian wrote:you still aint updated the map
He knows.
Last edited by Menolly on Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Just too busy to do so. The map won't be updated until Turn 8 has been processed.

If anyone wants to know which grid points were revealed specifically on turn seven, PM me, and I will let you know.
"For the love of God, Montresor!"
"Yes," I said, "for the love of God!" - Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado.

Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

One turn down, five to go. That player had a good turn too.
"Yes," I said, "for the love of God!" - Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado.

Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Though I will be 50% done by the end of the night, I won't be able to get the results out until Friday the 7th of March. Sorry, guys. Just have to move apartments, and will be without a net connection for a couple of days of that.

Interesting turn.

There has already been one pitched battle, and it looks promising that there may be a couple more. Some people are doing well for food. Others are staring at the last few grains of rice in the barrel :twisted:

Shadow Strike
Stonedownor

Post by Shadow Strike »

Montresor wrote:Though I will be 50% done by the end of the night, I won't be able to get the results out until Friday the 7th of March.
I thought Australians were efficient and hard working? oh wait..
Whats the matter Colonel Sanders? CHICKEN!?

Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

Dude you made the amateur mistake of getting Aussies mixed up with Kiwis.

Besides, whoever says that about aussies was obviously observing kiwi immigrants working over there
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

*shaking head*

Good luck with the move, Montresor.
We will wait.
Impatiently...
But we will wait.
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Thanks to Halal for jogging my memory on this issue:

Players may wish to submit to me in their next turns (NOT in PM), their standing guide to how their forces should react when encountering other NPC or PC forces. Borders are close now, and direct encounters are likely (some may even have happened this turn). If I have no directives as to how your forces will act, I will simply make a die roll.

Keep in mind that, no matter what is ordered, there are always variables which can produce an undesireable result.

I will take any directive given to me about interactions as set in stone until further notice.

Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

IMPORTANT

Could all players please PM me their email addresses, so I can send turn reports tomorrow morning? I am without net access at home until well into the next week, so I do not have your email addresses with me.

Halal and Lore are excluded from this, as I know both of these addresses off the top of my head.

EDIT - all but one player's turn processed. Someone had truly amazing population growth, and someone had truly woeful population growth. One or two had barely enough to feed their populations (before growth), and a couple players seem to be performing fairly solidly in all resources. That said, it's still a surprisingly well-balanced mix. Some players have some very impressive technologies; one player has a potentially astounding military; others have more people in their community than they not what to do with; and some have an abundance of rare resources yet little to spend them on; all are with strengths and weaknesses, and noone stands forth as a clear leader as yet.

Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Turn results have been sent. Please do not under any circumstances reply or send emails to the address I have sent the reports from.

Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

OMGs, OMGs, OMGs...

I knew two good turns in a row was so not happening...

Now to make sense out of all of this.

The story is awesome again. But, I definitely smell trouble abrewin'...
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

TURN NINE orders due Friday the 14th.

Remember - in order to better avoid mishaps and infelicities of armed-expression, please submit in your orders a brief guideline as to how your forces will react to others if encountered in the waste. Thanks.

Due to the vagaries of telecommunications companies, the updated map will likely be posted after next Wednesday.

Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

*drops head in hands*

...oy...
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

*sorry for the double post*

Montresor, with the guidelines to faction interaction as part of my upcoming Orders, this turn's submittal is a tick long. Nothing like my Pantheon submittals, but longer than I have sent you in the past.

Do you still want the Orders pasted into the body of the email, or shall I send them as a Word document attachment?
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Either or.

Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Coolness...
Unless the Sisters are going to hear again from the RU, I'm pretty sure I'm ready to send my Orders in.
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

New ORDER and organisation type added to the rules:

FORM BRIGADE: elements or companies ordered to join a brigade form part of a large concentration of units. A brigade may have up to ten elements, and one Command unit. Brigades can only be formed with military units, though any kind of Command unit may lead it. Brigades are complex units and require an entire week to organise. An element or company forming a brigade may do nothing else that turn but issue a FORM BRIGADE order. Leaving a brigade costs no orders. Companies which join a brigade may keep their structure (i.e., still remain in a company) though they cannot act as a company individually while still in a brigade.

Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Orders due tomorrow night. Latecomers will be shot.

Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Just double checking...
We're mine received, Montresor?
I sent them about 25 hours ago...
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

All but one player's turns have been calculated. All reports shall be released tonight.

An interesting turn. Some of my personal favourite locations discovered. A near elimination for one detachment of a player's forces, and something very dangerous encountered. Surprisingly, everyone did well for scrounging this turn.

Return to “Borderlands”