Webcomics

Look! Up in the sky! *To be continued...* (This story continued in KW Comics #263)

Moderators: dANdeLION, aTOMiC, sgt.null

balon!
Lord

Webcomics

Post by balon! »

Some of my favotrites:

The Zombies Hunters: "Years after the crippling outbreak that turned the population inot undead, the last survivors have taken up residence on a small island, home to the research facilities of the Argus Research Corps. In order to deal with the annhilitation of the past government and military, a small group know as the Red Halo's was formed. In turn they formed the 'Zombie Hunters', a small orginizxation to assist them with the crumbling military, as well as lift public moral while rebuilding and protecting the last remnants of the human race." (part of the intro)

Fear the Boot: "An irreverent look at tabletop roleplaying games and a little bit more."

Xkcd: "A webcomic of romance,sarcasm, math, and language."
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

xkcd is a good one.

Some of the better ones I read:
Scary-Go-Round
Dinosaur Comics
Dr. McNinja
Girly
Usivius
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Usivius »

My all time favourite is a hilarious ne called "Butternut Squash".

Sorry, I don't know how to do those linky things, but here is the address:
www.butternutsquash.net/2003/04/16/meet-da-punks/

that is the link to the first page. It is a weekly comic and has been runnig for over two years (I think). It is absolutely hilarious. Nothing is taboo, and all really well written and especially erally well drawn.
Check it out!
Just hit the ">>" at the top riht to forward yourselves through to the following pages...

:lol:
~...with a floating smile and a light blue sponge...~
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

HAHAHA. That's great stuff guys. Dr. McNinja and Butternut squash go into my bookmarks now...

Story of my life.

Here's another I found. It's updated rarely, but it's really funny, and I love the artwork.

Gone with the Blastwave is not a very serious comic. It is not being made very seriously, so you shouldn't try to take it, or my writings, too seriously.

I make a new page whenever I feel like it. They will appear online on Sundays (sometimes in the middle of the week, but I always aim for the Sundays.). There is usually multiple weeks between updates. There are longer gaps, that some people consider hiatuses, often. To me this is just the way I chose to do this comic. During the first year I made 19 pages, second year got 18 pages, third year looks like it's going to get even less... so don't expect too much.

I usually only work on the comic when I don't have anything more important to do. So if I have some real work, I usually push this comic way down in my priority list. Even if I really have the time to work on it.

For the world of Blastwave I stole things from many post-apocalyptic and/or war movies, games, things. But nothing is a straight rip. Think of it as a some kind of a parody to those things. I'm in no way even trying to be original, the goal was to have a really generic post-apocalyptic setting.
(from the info page)
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
The Laughing Man
The Gap Into Spam

Post by The Laughing Man »

emotional leper
The Gap Into Spam

Post by emotional leper »

B&
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

Multiplex: story of my life. Takes place at a movie theater.
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

Gunnerkrigg CourtSo far, my experiences have been most strange at Gunnerkrigg Court. I will endeavour to keep record of the people I meet here and update when I learn more.
Gigaville The last days of FoxHound, a Metal Gear Solid comic.
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Girl Genius--this really belongs in print rather than online, IMO--it's a long storyline that I would think delivers better when it's not in a one-page-every-few-days format. I started reading it yesterday, it's a little cliched in places but for the most part pretty good--and gets better as it goes. I keep thinking the storyline's going to bog down in one place for a while, but it doesn't--it keeps moving. Seems like it's actually been well-plotted in advance.
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

The only webcomic I've allowed myself to get into is Shortpacked! I have no idea whether it's even above average in quality, but it amuses me. It's primarily about action figure geekdom, but I'm not remotely interested in action figures and I still enjoy it.

I only have time for one of these things, and Shortpacked! is it.
Usivius
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Usivius »

OMG ... I have just found one that is so different and is a mix of funny and gut-wrentching emotion ...
The Abominable Charles Christopher: horhaus.com/abominable/

Start at thee beginning ... it is very well drawn, smart, ... wow. Love it.

Anyone else read this one?...

Oh, and I joined the Butternut Squash Army!
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Great find, Usivius. I'll look forward to seeing where it goes, should be good.
JazFusion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by JazFusion »

Savage Chickens
PvP
VG Cats
Perry Bible Fellowship
Alien Loves Predator
BugReport - My husband draws this strip. Sorry for the shameless plug.
Last edited by JazFusion on Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt." - Kurt Vonnegut
JazFusion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by JazFusion »

Balon wrote: Gone with the Blastwave is not a very serious comic. It is not being made very seriously, so you shouldn't try to take it, or my writings, too seriously.

I make a new page whenever I feel like it. They will appear online on Sundays (sometimes in the middle of the week, but I always aim for the Sundays.). There is usually multiple weeks between updates. There are longer gaps, that some people consider hiatuses, often. To me this is just the way I chose to do this comic. During the first year I made 19 pages, second year got 18 pages, third year looks like it's going to get even less... so don't expect too much.

I usually only work on the comic when I don't have anything more important to do. So if I have some real work, I usually push this comic way down in my priority list. Even if I really have the time to work on it.

For the world of Blastwave I stole things from many post-apocalyptic and/or war movies, games, things. But nothing is a straight rip. Think of it as a some kind of a parody to those things. I'm in no way even trying to be original, the goal was to have a really generic post-apocalyptic setting.
(from the info page)
I like it. The artwork is very well done. I first thought it was a parody of Fallout. hehe
Last edited by JazFusion on Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt." - Kurt Vonnegut
Chrysalis
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Chrysalis »

Balon wrote: Image
Haha I'd just been reading this exact strip and was about to come post-almost snorted coffee!
"-People think dreams aren't real just because they aren't made of matter, of particles. Dreams are real. But they are made of viewpoints, of images, of memories and puns and lost hopes."
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

One of the funniest ones I've found in a while: Nobody Scores
Lord Mhoram
Lord

Post by Lord Mhoram »

Usivius
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Usivius »

www.kukuburi.com/2007/08/09/one/

8O
I am in awe of this man ... great art and very interesting sotry developing... I love the free-flowing nature of it.

check it out.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Buttercup Festival
Saw this one mentioned by the guy who does xkcd, and checked it out. Started reading the archived stuff (the comic apparently ran for some years, ended, and has restarted just this year; what I'm reading is the original run), and at first it didn't do much for me--a lot of it didn't seem to make enough sense to be funny. But it slowly improves, and by volume three it's actually pretty good. Though he does have a habit of making three-panel comics where the final panel quite often has nothing to do with the preceding two.

The archives are here.

Return to “dANdeLION's Comics Cave”