Dieting

Learn how to make Spring Wine and aliantha cookies.

Moderator: Menolly

Infelice
Lord

Dieting

Post by Infelice »

With middle age quickly approaching I find keeping the figure in good nick is very hard.....next to impossible...*sigh* :cry:

Currently OZ is in the grip of this new fad diet ....which is not really new....called the The Kick-Start Plan, which is a 7 day eating plan based on this vegetable soup and each day you get to eat various other things in combination with the soup.

eg.
Day 1 Soup and Fruit

Day 2 Soup and Vegies

Day 3 Soup and Fuit and Vegies

Day 4 Soup and Banana Smoothies :D

Day 5 Soup and Beef and Tomatoes

Day 6 Soup and Beef and Vegies

Day 7 Soup and Brown Rice and Vegies and Fruit Juice :|

I'm gonna try it.....Day 1 is tomorrow...... 8O eek!!! what am I getting myself into???

Will keep you posted :roll:

If you have tried any weird and wonderful diets...... or any good ones for that matter......let us know . :)
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

oh u poor thing! :cry:

that sounds aweful! absolutely bloody aweful! i mean come on. soup?! u would b better off being dragged over hot coals or ripped apart by wild horses.

*kneels in a pious fashion*

Our Father in heaven, I bring infelice before You and ask You to deliver her from this evil soup demon. In Jesus name. Amen.

sum sui generis
You do not hear, and so you cannot be redeemed.

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

I'm glad fad diets aren't just an american thing. The new thing here is the South Beach Diet. I think it's like the Atkins diet.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

I'm starting a diet. Nothing what Infelice is doing. Just eat less and try to get off my dead a-- and exercise.
Infelice
Lord

Post by Infelice »

Apparently I can eat as much of the soup as I want, for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Hmmmmmm.........gonna have to get used to the idea of soup for brekkie. :roll:
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by duchess of malfi »

Infelice, I'm sorry but soup for breakfast sounds sort of offputting for me... :( can you opt for just juice or water instead? :?
Damelon, you are adorable just the way you are! :) If your diet works, that's fine -- but if it doesn't, remember that you are a sweet, sexy man as you are! ;) And I can't think of anyone I'd rather slowdance with! :)
Love as thou wilt.

Kinslaughterer
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Kinslaughterer »

Well that last post was a little provocative... ;)
anyway, diets don't work in the long run. Your body is just too smart. The key to weight loss is exercise. If you reduce the amount of food you eat you will lose weight at first but your body will catch on and slow your metabolism down to compensate. The weight will come back.
You must exercise. I suggest combining running with some weight-lifting for the best effect. Then eat several small meals throughout the day which will actually increase your metabolism. You'll slowly lose fat and replace some with muscle which will in turn speed your metabolism further. This works for anyone and don't worry ladies you will not bulk up, trust me. Remember also don't worry about the scale go by what you look like because muscle weighs more than fat.
Its not hard just try an hour a day and lift 3 days a week while running the rest.
"We do not follow maps to buried treasure, and remember:X never, ever, marks the spot."
- Professor Henry Jones Jr.

"Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand, a thief, a reaver, a slayer, with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet."

https://crowcanyon.org/
support your local archaeologist!
Infelice
Lord

Post by Infelice »

I hear you Kin....This diet is actually one that doctors put overwieght prospective heart surgery patients on in order to quickly reduce their weight so that they have a decreased risk during surgery...

Ummmm... and with regards to actually starting the diet....well tomorrow will have to be Day 1 cos I forgot that we were going to a party this afternoon. :roll:
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

LOL .. i agree with duchess .. not that I have ever seen damelon .. but you got to be happy with who you are first ..

if you need to lose weight dieting is definately not the way .. unless its accompanied by lifestyle change .. and for some this may be dramatic lifestyle changes ..

you got to examine what you do .. the way you eat .. what you eat .. and how you live ..

fad diets .. are rarely effective .. especially in the long term .. which is really what counts

and as kins said .. your body will adjust to the reduced energy intake and enable your body to function on less energy .. witholding fat stores ..

now whats that called .. ?? its got a name and it has escaped me ..

just eat wisely .. which it seems that you do ..

as middle age dawns .. you got to accept that your physical body has aged .. and it is your mind that enables your body to retain its youth .. your mind and your attitude to your life, the univere and everything ;)

this is the fountain of eternal youth and beauty ;)

a healthy mind .. a healthy body follows ..

good luck with what ever path you choose ;)
infelice wrote: I can eat as much of the soup as I want
;) mmm .. lucky ;)
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

I think its just called evolution, Lord Sky. I think some people have bodies designed to haul around a few extra pounds for when the next famine arrives...
Love as thou wilt.

Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

LOL ..

my step-father is 70+ and runs 5kms every day!! thats attitude for ya .. and he walks every evening after his evening meal .. he is trim and tort .. and he is elderly .. but he doesnt look a day over 55 ..

now thats what I mean .. it begins with your mind .. his attitude to his life clearly begins with his mind .. and his body naturally follows ;)

but then some are plagued with ill-health and are not able to realise their minds attitude to life ..
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Biff
Giantfriend

Post by Biff »

OK, I'll say it...

I am on a seafood diet... I eat what I see.

There, happy... but if you catch me on Yahoo... you may get a glimpse of my lil newly formed pooch forming on my belly.
*Biff* - Doing the Wiggles dance.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

why not bring yer pooch over here and post it in the Motley crew album?? lol
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Infelice
Lord

Post by Infelice »

Welll....I ahve survived 3 days but if I see another piece of fruit and vegetable.......

Oh Joy Oh Bliss...... Today is BANANA SMOOTHIE DAY.....*sigh* more fruit :roll:
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

:D

Well, I developed diverticulitis a couple years ago. In case you don't know, when you get an attack of it, it hurts like hell!! I figured that my eating habits might have had something to do with the whole thing, so I changed them a little. For one thing, I actually started eating vegetables. This is not something I do for pleasure. But there are one or two that I actually like, so I started having some for dinner every day.

The other thing I did is cut out fat. Almost entirely. But I absolutely MUST have at least one dessert every day. This is non-negotiable. I get pretty cranky if I am forced to go without for more than a day or two. Usually, I have ice cream, because it's delicious, easy, and there is always a brand on sale at the local grocery store. So I went to low- and non-fat ice creams and frozen yogurts. But I also discovered that Hershey's cholocate syrup is fat-free! So every day, I had a bowl of ice cream swimming in chocolate syrup.

A year later, I happened to step on the scale, and found that I had lost 25 lbs. Mind you, I hadn't exercised a single step. I guess that goes to show just how bad my eating habits were. And, unfortunately, are again. I haven't had an attack of diverticulitis in a couple years, and without the pain to motivate me... So my 25 lbs are back! :)

So there's my dieting advice - develop diverticulitis.
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Infelice
Lord

Post by Infelice »

Fist and Faith wrote: So there's my dieting advice - develop diverticulitis.
8O ermmmm.....thanks but no thanks. I would rather endure the soup diet. 8O
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Spoilsport! :)
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Infelice
Lord

Post by Infelice »

Hey ...you know we Elohim.... we like to take the easy way out. ;)

hmmmmm.......that perhaps didnt come out the way I expected.........

hmmmmmm..... and neither did that. :roll:
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

I would have to agree that getting sick would be a very unpleasant way to lose weight. :?
Love as thou wilt.

Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Well, I was just trying to help!!! :)
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon

Return to “The Galley”