Talk about all your favorite series, shows, programs, news anchorpeople, ect.

Moderators: Cagliostro, sgt.null

Sunbaneglasses
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sunbaneglasses »

I got hooked on this show while watching it with my kids, I now watch it just because I want to. The ideas are great, and the characters are wonderful. I have thought for a while that Prince Zuko would end up teaching Ang firebending, and I was touched when Zuko confronted his cruel father, renounced him and told him that he was joining The Avatar. Does anyone else watch Avatar? I strongly recommend it.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

It's a very cool show! Alas, I don't pay enough attention to know when it's on, so I only catch it occasionally. I very much like the fact that they're not just a bunch of stand-alone episodes. Long-term stories like that don't come along all that often in cartoons.

And the art if great! :D
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Yeah, I'm a pretty big fan. My wife and I even played the CCG for a while (sadly, I think they stopped making the cards). I started a thread for it a while ago, but we seem to be in the minority.

This season had a couple snoozers, but overall it was really good. And yeah, Zuko handing Ozai (voiced by Mark Hammil) his ass was cool. I was a bit disappointed that Ang, Toph, and Sokka couldn't handle Azula and a couple Dai Li, but oh well. And I really wish they would've shown Uncle Iroh breaking out.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Syl wrote:Yeah, I'm a pretty big fan. My wife and I even played the CCG for a while (sadly, I think they stopped making the cards). I started a thread for it a while ago, but we seem to be in the minority.
Hey, I was the first to reply to that thread, too! :D
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Fist and Faith wrote:
Syl wrote:Yeah, I'm a pretty big fan. My wife and I even played the CCG for a while (sadly, I think they stopped making the cards). I started a thread for it a while ago, but we seem to be in the minority.
Hey, I was the first to reply to that thread, too! :D
*nodding*

I tried to find that thread, and couldn't!

Because Beorn doesn't watch it, I am really behind on the show (one television family and still no cable). Are there DVD collections of it? Perhaps my library has it if so...
Sunbaneglasses
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sunbaneglasses »

The characters are top notch, so much so that my favorite character changes
on occasion. Uncle Iroh rocks! Prince Zuko has become a very sympathetic character over time, Sokka is a goofball but becomes a born leader in desperate situations, Hoph seems self absorbed and spoiled but puts her friends first when they are in danger, and there is the romantic tension between Ang and Katara. For a kids show, there is a lot character development.

Honestly, I did not even think to look and see if there was already an Avatar thread, I thought that I was in left field on this one.
The Dreaming
The Gap Into Spam

Post by The Dreaming »

Another show I stumbled across while surfing one day and was surprised that I couldn't flip away.
Wyldewode
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Wyldewode »

I kept up with it for a while, but stopped watching about 6 months ago when I moved. I'm planning on keeping up with it through checking out the dvds at my library--eventually. Good show!

hierachy
Lord

Post by hierachy »

I don't watch Avatar, but I do watch Naruto.
Sunbaneglasses
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sunbaneglasses »

I must admit that I felt a little emotional when the group accepted Zuko in tonights new episode, I'm a little weird like that.

Best American cartoon aimed towards kids ever. IMO
Sunbaneglasses
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sunbaneglasses »

Did anyone else catch Sosin's Comet?
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

I've never seen it but I've always thought it must have something to do with farts. I guess I was wrong.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
Sunbaneglasses
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sunbaneglasses »

Cagliostro wrote:I've never seen it but I've always thought it must have something to do with farts. I guess I was wrong.
I should expect as much from A Fartbender, it's always fart this and fart that from you Fart Kingdomners.
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Finally watched it the other night. Pretty decent end to the story. It felt a little rushed, almost like something was missing, but...

And Iroh isn't nearly the same without Mako. Tof metal bending that door was cool, though.

Hope they put out something as good on whatever project they do next.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Sunbaneglasses
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sunbaneglasses »

I really enjoyed Azula getting her ass handed to her by Kitara.
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

The movie, directed by Shyamalan, will be out next summer.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0ZjjMBXMpk
-George Steiner
Rigel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rigel »

I just watched Sozin's Comet (4 episodes long!), and really enjoyed it.

It's a little disappointing that the show is only 3 seasons, but it ends well.

I especially like the character development. It's rare to see characters that grow and change on shows meant for adults, let alone ones aimed at kids.
"You make me think Hell is run like a corporation."
"It's the other way around, but yes."
Obaki, Too Much Information
Rigel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rigel »

I{m left wondering, though, about the fate of Zuko's father and sister... especially his father, as the last scene between the two of them was quite forboding, but unfinished.
"You make me think Hell is run like a corporation."
"It's the other way around, but yes."
Obaki, Too Much Information
Tulizar
Bloodguard

Post by Tulizar »

I watched all three seasons over the past couple of weeks.

I wasn't disappointed by a single episode. The stories were well written and the characters were likable.
The character development was well done. The major players learned something about themselves and grew into their roles as heroes.

I was happy when Sokka finally found his calling. I was starting to feel bad for the poor dude--couldn't bend a damn thing, what good was he??!

I especially enjoyed the relationship between Zuko and Uncle Iroh. Sad that Mako passed away. He definitely made Iroh memorable. Zuko's transformation was integral to the story and handled perfectly.

Rigel wrote:I{m left wondering, though, about the fate of Zuko's father and sister... especially his father, as the last scene between the two of them was quite forboding, but unfinished.
Yeah, I was sort of expecting some closure with Azula. I was also expecting Zuko to be reunited with his Mother in one of the final episodes. Then he confronts his father in prison about her, and...nothing. Seemed a little odd.
Proverbs for Paranoids #3.

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about answers.
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

-George Steiner

Return to “TV Shows”