Pantheon - The Third Age - Game Thread

Moderator: Xar

Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

It's very confusing. On my side of Simjen's Wall, Nocturna was raised, then the land connecting it to the Shattered Lands, and a small amount jutting to the southeast in the Shattered Lands. It's entirely possible that the displaced water went down around Enstorm, and flooded the coast of Shaldir.

The problem is, Enstorm would have been flooded as well. Not only was it not, but land was raised there, also! And all the land raised so far is far more than is now gone on Shaldir. And not all of Shaldir is losing land. Just part of the northwestern shore, New Leyr, and some islands west of Coatlic and Shaldir are gone. Why not Akadis? And Coatlic, Mezar-en Largros, Southwall, and Eastwall? The small islands all around Shaldir?

Most confusing.
The Numen
Giantfriend

Post by The Numen »

Zephyr. Imagine the world as a plate, with high parts and low. And water on it, with only the high parts showing above the water. Now, reach your divine hand out and grip the world by Simjen's wall, and lift it ever so slightly. What if the world were to bend a little? The Shattered lands and Enstorm would lose water, while Shaldir would gain it.

By the by, the people of Nocturna and Enstorm appreciate the gift of dry land Shaldir has given us, even if it was by none's choosing.
Nothing rhymes with orange!
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

8O!!! Thank you!! I hadn't considered it that way! That puts things in a whole new light!
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

Okay then, let's get serious. Our power is again approaching critical mass, and we will soon have to use it. Last season, The Unknowable and The Numen studied what has become the Bleed in the Shylan Desert. Others have happened upon bits of information. With these things in mind, three deities are attempting to take care of the three Bleeds this season. Any or all of the three different attempts may succeed. At the very least, we should surely learn enough to have a method that will definitely work the following season.

But more power is always better. Some of us are strong, and I ask them to donate. Anaya, Bel, Brid, Dagon, Halideva, Koel, Simjen, and I are all of a certain strength or higher, and are not known to be Manifesting to fight one of Eiran's extreme dangers. (Moxinomal is in this group, also. But, since he is actually trying to destroy the world, I'll not expect him to donate. :lol:) No, I don't know what imminent dangers any of you may be facing, so nothing will be said if you can't donate. And none need know who doesn't. Ask me privately if you want more information on who is doing what.
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

We had some success ... but Madness has caused additional problems. While a direct attack on Mox will in all likelihood bring the World Breaker into the open ... Madness must be dealt with NOW.
... a bolt of fiery, freezing dark power tainted with the taste of madness and the smell of Moxinomal's dementia falls like a hammer on the Icewalls of the Maw ...
Suggestions?
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam
Location: And closing of the eyes - true vision, The Light within became...Within the Light

Post by O-gon-cho »

Decadent one, this is at least twice now that Madness has interfered in actions where I have been involved which were discussed publicly. As Zephyr had shown with his own planning, I suggest any further discussions of actions take place privately.

The Sunrise Court had set an interceptor of interference in place at the Maw this past season, but it apparently was overwhelmed in turning aside the denizens of the Abyss, instead of deific interference.
In the meantime, a faint haze of power bearing the Unknowable's mark settles over the crack, somehow slowing down somewhat the pouring out of the aberrant horde.
As far as what Mox's power did at the Maw, I am unsure if anyone else who witnessed what happened perceived its possible connection to other situations around Eiran...
...and when the smoke clears, your divine sight can see that another large crack has been opened in the Icewalls, miles away from where you stand; the edges are sealed from healing by a power similar to the Bleed, and the creatures of the Maw are erupting out again in great numbers, like a flooding river, howling and moaning in delight as access to Eiran is granted once more.
...similar to the Bleed.
hmm...
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

And still, in these days when our very world faces imminent destruction, followers of another deity spread lies and blasphemies about me, trying to turn my followers away from me. Do such actions truly serve anyone??

Simjen, a Forest in the Shattered Lands, named Celebi, was just destroyed. It was the work of... wait for it... adventurers. *sigh* They attempting a magical ritual to strengthen the Icewalls. They mistakenly summoned a meteor swarm. I hope you can find some star metal amongst the ashes of Celebi, and make some good come from this horror.
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam
Location: And closing of the eyes - true vision, The Light within became...Within the Light

Post by O-gon-cho »

hmm...
Interesting.

Should Madadeva have had followers of an unknown deity do the same to him in this time of trouble, it would seem the three Masters of the Courts were purposely singled out, as I had the same occur.

Mirificus Casus needs to gain control of these non-follower adventurers. Some tried to violate Estiä's tomb! Is it not enough the tribes and I lost her?
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

Okay, here's a pretty important question:

HOW MANY OF YOU WANT TO SAVE EIRAN?

As far as I can tell, seven of the sixteen of us (I don't know if Dagon is still among us...) did anything, either directly or with donated power, to try to stop the big threats to our home. That is, the Midnight Armies, the Bleeds, and the Maw's Icewall. Less than half of us give a damn!

And to make it even worse, some of those also acted against other deities!

On top of which, Mox is still actively trying to destroy Eiran.

I have no idea what many of you did. You don't bother to say anything to anyone. Is anyone helping Mox? Hmm, let me see... Is anyone just trying to build walls to keep out the things the rest of us are fighting, even though, if we can't stop them very soon, they'll be beyond any walls?

Thank you, Argothoth, for taking control of the Midnight Armies. At least they are no longer a threat. Perhaps they can help at the Maw? I have not heard anything specific from O-gon-cho, uKulwa, or Madadeva about whether or not such help would be needed. Do you folks still have it under control?

If Mox does not continue to turn your efforts to dust?

Together, we wield a staggering amount of power!!! We could most definitely save Eiran if we wanted to!

DO WE WANT TO??
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

:lol:

Laugh ... for in these times only amusement is possible.

*sighs* You whine and complain Zephyr - you do not LEAD. Less crying about Gods who do not care and more action directing our disorganized rabble! There are options for those bold enough to grab them.

It is clear the God of Metals wearies of Eiran - and our squabbles - for he prepares to leave. The Lords of Eiran have abandoned their stations. Perhaps the AllFather himself was touched by the Omega in the last age! I know the despair that can bring; perhaps the AllFather desires to chose the approach to Eiran's destruction - and his choice is the World Breaker and Mox.

I have said before, it is hard to be the God of Desire and Decadence if no decadent are alive! The sequence of action should be clear to all. Mox must be dealt with - conclusively. There are too many places he can cause destruction - even all our might combined cannot cover every place on Eiran where mischief can occur. Then the AllFather must be dealt with. It is HE who acceded to Mox's request - he has wearied of his creation and seeks its end. He must be neutralized. And only then can our combined might take out the World Breaker.

I reveal nothing to our enemies by saying this publicly - for surely they know the sequence that would lead to their defeat and our inability to follow it. For those that want specific actions to take - you may follow the Lead of Desire - for I WILL lead.

If you do not - well I have seen worlds destroyed before, and I am sure will see many more after this one. If none follow; I will party while the world burns!!
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

I do not whine and complain. I berate. And I cannot lead those who cannot find the heart to crawl out of their beds to see what all the noise is outside their windows. Those who will not help disgust me. Take what power you can from a world, then leave when things get difficult.

No, I do not speak of you, Simjen. You have done more for Eiran than any other deity from any age.. More than most others combined. And you are not simply running away. You offer safety to any who need it.

No, I speak of others. All who have not bothered to help less than half of us.
Anaya
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Anaya »

Argothoth's attempt at controlling the Midnight armies was pathetic at best, Verdant Lord. They are such a threat, and he did nothing but talk to them? If I truly have nothing to fear from him, it is because he is ineffectual rather than reformed.

Much of my power this coming season will go towards averting another potential catastrophe, but as always I will offer whatever can be spared. I only hope that I have more success than I did in my previous investigations on your behalf, which were inconclusive.

Do not be mistaken, I do desire to save Eiran, for my daughter's sake if for no one elses.
When you reach a crossroad
Fate is the path you choose to walk
And Fate is the path down which you are thrust
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

Have I heard wrong? Has Argothoth not gotten control of at least most of the Midnight Armies? If uKulwa's and Madadeva's forces are nearly spent - if it is primarily the two gods left standing - then the denizens will go around them in the thousands, even as they kill thousands more. I had hoped the Midnight Armies might help them. Possibly with a manifested Argothoth leading them?

Of course, this all assumes Mox does not shatter the Icewall entirely as they battle.

But will you not speak of your catastrophe, Anaya? Even privately, where Mox cannot learn of it and make things worse? If your danger is worse than what we face, perhaps donated power should go to you. If your actions take care of it, then we can get back to one of the disasters we are all aware of.

Of course, as I said, there are many who could donate power, and we could deal with at least a few of these things right now!
Bel
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Bel »

The apocalypse begins. Those who follow me shall cleanse Eiran of the violence which plagues it.

Zephyr, you choose to believe that this end is not inevitable, and no doubt you would see me as a villain, but I work only to secure the future of all creation.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Brid
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Brid »

I honour you, Grey Goddess, for even in this time of strife, you have time to take care of those lost and straying waifs, the Children of Destiny.

You have inspired me. I must pay more attention to the outcasts of the other gods, not just my own.
Arcadia
Bloodguard

Post by Arcadia »

Brother, you wound me deeply for I only seek to secure the safety of my followers and I am a deity who has not put any power to the fighting these demons.

But tread gently, my dear, for you berate those who simply have a different opinion than you and then quickly forget that it is our choice to use our power as we see fit.

I feel Eiran is doomed and I have listened to the words of your own forests telling me truly that Eiran will perish. Yet, you fail to heed the words, instead wanting to preserve Eiran and thus thwarting the natural course of its life. You may be able to cure the tumor Eiran has or extend its lifes but it will still die and there is nothing you can do to stop it.

You claim that we don't "give a damn" when that is not the real issue. We care deeply.

But, I also recall you being given a chance to deal with Mox once before and you chose not to. Well, now we have to deal with the consequences of that choice, don't we? And you berate us for our failure to save Eiran??

I love you, brother, and therefore, I feel it is necessary to be brutally honest with you: look to your own actions before you judge others.
Many waters cannot quench love, neither can floods drown it. There is no fear in love; for perfect love cast out fear.
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

I don't know what you mean about having had a chance to deal with Mox. Of course I did. Any of us could have dealt with him at any point. But, despite knowing the types of things he has done, we all chose to ignore him.

Regading the death of Eiran... I don't understand you. Every one of each of our followers will eventually die. Should I have simply let Eztlicoatl, Nor Yekith, and the Void wipe them out? Because they would die anyway, sooner or later? Of course not. And there is a difference between a species becoming extinct because of Natural forces, and because someone decided to wipe them out.

And there is a difference between Eiran dying a Natural death, when the laws of the universe decree that it is the proper time, and US destroying it. And, just as we (or at least a couple among us) have brought Eiran to the brink of destruction, so, too, can we save our home. There is nothing imaginable we could not accomplish if we joined together. These Bleeds would be as paper cuts on the fingers of our followers.

Yes, usually, if not always, we have all done things to strengthen our own little realms, rather than work toward Eiran's overall good. And there's nothing wrong with that. But NOW, Eiran WILL be destroyed - not to be confused with "Eiran will die" - if we do not band together to prevent it. I call out to all for help.

And am met with silence.

And, by the way, you are not among those who have not put any power toward Eiran's survival. Even though it was with power donated from me, Kasih is returned to our father's creation. And, with your own power, you have brought much Love back to the world. Just as I have been doing in Shakari all along, if not as easily as the Goddess of Love can. When the world's inhabitants Love each other, they fight for each other. They hold their faith in us, and say, "I still follow you. Please save us."
Arcadia
Bloodguard

Post by Arcadia »

But you also make the assumption that we are not natural nor that the Bleeds and all the rest are our doing when Mox, that dear, crazy little deity, was just releasing what was already there - in essence, natural forces already present in Eiran.

And how can you assume that the laws of the universe, as you call it, have not made the decision that Eiran must die? Have not the Oracles said thus? Has not your forests told you of the inevitability of the end of Eiran?

You appear to want to place a bandage on a heart to keep it pumping once it has stopped. The wounds of Eiran are fatal and we would do our best to use our power to preserve what we can - the lives of our followers - and prepare for them a new place rather than let them suffer this apocalypse where they will lose their loved ones.
Many waters cannot quench love, neither can floods drown it. There is no fear in love; for perfect love cast out fear.
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

No, Mox has not released what was already there. The Bleeds are another reality - another reality - imposing itself on ours. And the Abyss is an absence of reality, which others use as a door into our reality. Ours. Is our response to abandon our home?? Yes, it is wise to prepare for the worst. It is wise to ensure that those who trust us will not die in horror because of their faith. I have my own plans for such an eventuality. But to give up? When there is nothing natural about this? When we have the power to prevent it? The heart has not stopped beating! Melirelle has just returned. A great power! That does not sound to me like Eiran intends to roll over and let the actions of its "gods" blast it to bits. If we but heal the wounds, or stop them from spreading, so that Eiran can heal itself...
Arcadia
Bloodguard

Post by Arcadia »

As I said, a difference of opinon.

But, dear brother, I have to agree with Madadeva on this one. Instead of leading, as the Oracles have plainly named you leader (and dare I say it, savior), you berate those of us who have not acted as you wish.

Now, Eiran is almost at an end and only *now* do you decide to speak up and call for unity. But, you do not speak up with a plan of action. Rather, you yell at us and claim us uninterested in our home.

My beloved brother, if you have a plan of action, proclaim in loudly. I will listen, and discuss options, as will the others of the Pantheon. If not, then let someone else who has a plan take the lead.

Return to “Pantheon”