Pantheon - The Third Age - Game Thread

Moderator: Xar

Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

(No, it was me who said I berate. Madadeva said I whine and complain. :lol:)

It would be the height of foolishness to loudly proclaim a plan of action. I would not do so before, and I will not now. Look what Mox did with the scant information he did have. He turned the extraordinary efforts of O-gon-cho, Madadeva, and uKulwa, which had succeeded, to ruin. Yes, he can assume something must be done there again. But he cannot assume what. Nor can he assume how his interference will be prevented.

As I did last season, I call on all to contact me. We will work out the details of the various plans, deciding who will do what, and who will donate power to whom.
Bel
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Bel »

Ah, now I see. I understand it - why you cannot grasp the truth of things. Why your mind is too small to see the inevitable end of things.

You are of this world, Zephyr. Irrevocably so. Born on Eiran, grown on Eiran, risen to power on Eiran. It is no wonder you lack perspective. You cannot perceive of that which lies beyond this small world except as other, because this world is all you know.

I tell you this, Zephyr - I am not of this world. Nor are most of us. The true Gods originated beyond this reality - your forbears included - and come to worlds such as this to shape some part of it in their image.

I came to bring Peace. What I have discovered is a world polluted beyond repair by those who came before Me. It grows into a blight within all that exists outside of it, and I intend to cleanse it.

Creation shall not be polluted by this world's descent into chaos.

Accept the truth. Your world ends, Zephyr, and I do not believe that you will outlast it.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Arcadia
Bloodguard

Post by Arcadia »

Perhaps there is another issue we need to discuss: Is Eiran even worth saving? We can all see that it is corrupted with evil and most of that evil is not of our doing.

I believe we can create a new world that will resist corruption
Many waters cannot quench love, neither can floods drown it. There is no fear in love; for perfect love cast out fear.
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam
Location: And closing of the eyes - true vision, The Light within became...Within the Light

Post by O-gon-cho »

While there is life of any sort: pure, corrupt, or...
hmm
Let's go with adulterated...
If there are beings who worship us, mortal or immortal, it is our duty to return their faith in us with our utmost ability to provide a home for them. That home is Eiran. I have heard of no means which would relocate all life on Eiran safely elsewhere.

Unless they are the thralls of Nor Yekith, our followers have free will. In order to found a world without corruption, free will would have to be removed. Is that your intent, Sister? If so, I must forego your world.

One of the deities of the Second Age, asta lavista, if I am recalling his name correctly, was the deity of Suffering. As I believe I remember, your father stated regret that there had to be such in the world. asta taught us all that without Suffering in the world, we would not know all aspects of joy and bounty. Even we deities would do well to keep the balance of things in mind.

A world deprived of corruption? I do not believe it will last. There would be nothing to strive against or to overcome.
Simjen
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Simjen »

The "true gods"? What nonsense. I have yet to see an interloper make a more lasting mark on this world than my brothers and sisters (of which I am the last and least) who came to Eiran when it was primordeal. Nor Yekith, perhaps. Such speech reminds me of Kadna. His lasting effect on this world is what, exactly?

And Mox, if you're listening... I was just talking to Ferax about the good old days. He is somewhat amazed at how much difficulty you're causing these other gods. As he recalls, he had no such difficulty wiping your rabble from existence. He has reluctantly conceded to my request to perform the same service for me as he did my dear wife. Your presence in Martovan is an insult I can no longer ignore.
Said she, "What I get I get out of the fire,
So prithee, strike home and redouble the blow."
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

Thank you, Simjen. Please thank Ferax for me.
Arcadia
Bloodguard

Post by Arcadia »

I also thank you Simjen, and Ferax with you.

O-Gon-cho. Please do not misunderstand me. I only look to discuss all options. But I do think it is narrow-minded to say that Eiran is the *only* home possible for our followers. We are gods, after all, and our powers are only limited by ourselves. We could indeed create a new world resistant to evil but I disagree that such a place wouldrestrict the free will of our followers. Corruption does not need to eexist to provide achievement. Other circumstances can provide the samme instances. Adventurers, for example, while being a nuisance, are not inherently evil. Certainly dealing with them and overcoming their adversity can result in achievement.

However, I digress. I am completely open to your ideas my dear brother, Zephyr. But, I also love discussionand may play devils advocate now and then.
Many waters cannot quench love, neither can floods drown it. There is no fear in love; for perfect love cast out fear.
The Numen
Giantfriend

Post by The Numen »

The Numen are also of this world, Simjen. Our mortal coils were thrown off here, and Eiran is all that We intend to know. And while We accept that the world will inevitably end, We also accept that there is no higher purpose but what we gods, and the faithful who give us their belief, choose to give. And therefore, We choose the purpose of bettering the world.

Perhaps only Bel and Mox, for entirely different reasons, would suggest that Eiran's destruction would make it a better place. For all the rest of us, struggling against the inevitable is the only sane choice.

And for the record, saving some small portion of Eiran, via an Ark or something similar, is still struggling against it's destruction. Such a route is pragmatism, and just as laudible as standing at the ice walls fighting off the forces of the Abyss.
Nothing rhymes with orange!
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

Bel wrote:What I have discovered is a world polluted beyond repair by those who came before Me.
Ahhh, friend Bel ... you come late to this realization. In my former incarnation, I called attention to the AllFather's failure as a world builder and declared this Eiran a failed experiment. I am glad you have seen the light.

But consider my newer enlightenment ... Desire and Decadence can be experience even on a failed experiment! Extending it's life prolongs the pleasure :lol:
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

Some of you are aware of two different overall plans to attempt to fix Eiran this season. At least to get a good start going. Will either work? Who can say... I will hear more from some among you before deciding which seems slightly better, and which we will implement. It is possible that either will work, it is just a matter of learning if any among us cannot perform any of the required tasks of either plan. And it's true that one plan, because it was brought up first, has a slight lead. However, nothing has yet been decided.
Moxinomal
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Moxinomal »

Brother Zephyr. There is no longer need for my pleaded codes. I have temporarily broken free from the evil that latched to me from my journey into the mists. I have already spoken with Sister Cho about my plan and now I shall share it with all.

First, with help from O-gon-cho, I have splintered myself from the evil within, but it is only temporary. I do not expect anyone to forgive me for the actions that I was forced to proceed with under the clutches of the AllFather. I just simply wish to be heard.

I am going to enter the Bleed in Nocturna, sacrificing myself if I must, in order to seal it. We know nothing of the Bleeds. We know not what is causing them, but I have my suspicions as I am sure you all do. My thoughts are that even if the evil grips me once more, with what little left of myself I can muster, I will destroy myself within the Bleed. But the attempt is to stop the cause.

I have asked Sister Cho to watch over my followers. If some of you still see fit to destroy them, I sadly have no way to stop you. I ask you with what little respect if any is left of me that you will not destroy them unless I do not come back. Once I return, if I return... I will withdraw any evil influence that is left within them and redeem them and myself.

Know this brothers and sisters of the Pantheon.. I truly wished for none of this to happen to the world. I sought the AllFather within the mists to fix the world and mend the Pantheon. Instead I found a cruel, hate-filled deity with a grudge against those who felt that his ultimate creation was ruined beyond repair. I do this as a last attempt, a final straw, to fix the world and bring a peaceful twilight to the world of Eiran.
Embracing me is to embrace the true way your mind works. Let yourself not be hindered by the false.
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam
Location: And closing of the eyes - true vision, The Light within became...Within the Light

Post by O-gon-cho »

Dear Mox,

Before anyone suspects I have acted out of season, let it be known the only Healing I presented you was a willing ear and an open mind to what you had to say. You are the one who managed to break free of whatever it is that has a leash on you, for now. You did the work; not I.

Brethren, it is as Mox says. In the last Age, he watched over my own while I made a journey to an unknown destination, not knowing if I would return or not. He now asks the same of me. Perhaps in time I may attempt to enLighten their Healing via the reBirth of the return of their own deity or acceptance of others watching over them until his destiny is known.
Simjen
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Simjen »

This is not a sufficient explanation. You speak as if your actions are out of character, but I see little difference between now and when you corrupted O-gon-cho's Song in the last age (why she would believe you much less choose to help you is beyond my ability to understand, even if I wanted to). No, you play your little tricks to bolster your own power, playing the reprimanded child when you are brought to account.

Nor is it simply a matter of your credibility, which even you admit is lacking. Despite your supposed redemption, the effects of your madness have not been alleviated. Yet you do not propose to undo what you have wrought, instead claiming an intent of supposedly noble but in reality self-pitying self-sacrifice. Fix your mess before you martyr yourself, Moxinomal.

And lastly, do not forget that I have also been to the Mists and spoken with the Allfather. Your depiction of him does not match my experience. If he judged you unworthy, which would not surprise me in the least, the fault lies with you.

Martovan will be purged. Submit and relinquish that which is not yours and yours will not be harmed or taken away from you in turn. I do not wish to harm the innocent, but I will not suffer fools and have neither the time nor desire to play your games.
Said she, "What I get I get out of the fire,
So prithee, strike home and redouble the blow."
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

Well, I don't expect it to work, Mox, but I've been wrong often enough. Best of luck.

But tell me - Why did you want me to lead? Why is it the only way?
Moxinomal
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Moxinomal »

Brother Simjen... Allow me to elaborate for you and the rest of our brothers and sisters.

I understand your reluctance to accept whatever I am offering. There is no difference in what happened with the song in the previous age. In my innocence within the second age, I was manipulated by someone who was willing to take me under his wing. I was foolish to believe that he was so willing to accept me without wanting something out of me. I have many regrets within my existence upon Eiran and this is my greatest. Giving into the will of Asta when he saw opportunity to gain power. I was and apparently still am not a being of easy manipulation. And I feel that this is my only chance.. my only way.. to end what I have caused. For you, brother, I will have my followers leave the city formerly known as Martovan. I am as you and do not wish for any harm to be done.

In fact, I will pull all my followers away from wherever they may be and keep them within Asylum. They heed me, heed my wishes, even though they do not know of the corruption that was wrought upon me by whomever may have done it. Let no harm come to them, for I wish not for innocent blood to be spilled. This season that is coming, the city shall be yours.

As Sister Cho had told me, perhaps it was not the AllFather I had put my plea to within the Mists. But with the way he spoke to me, he certainly was crediting himself as such. Maybe there is a possibility that there is another being within the mists that is not him, perhaps not. I do not know. Whatever was there though had managed to manipulated me, probably because of my emotional tirade to them.

Brother Zephyr, the reason I requested upon you to lead was that there needed to be a figure head. There needed to be one of strong will and unclouded vision to see what needed to be accomplished. Your father and his father had completed more than I can fathom for the world of Eiran. You being a child born on this world should know that better than anyone. In my eyes, you were the correct choice to gather the gods together against the coming darkness. I still feel this is correct, brother. Please, do not let the world fall prey to the shadows.
Embracing me is to embrace the true way your mind works. Let yourself not be hindered by the false.
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

Well, I'm certainly trying.

Do you remember sending your power against the Icewall at the Maw just now?
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

Moxinomal wrote:... I sought the AllFather within the mists to fix the world and mend the Pantheon. Instead I found a cruel, hate-filled deity with a grudge against those who felt that his ultimate creation was ruined beyond repair.
I have commented on this even before my deific improvement from Devaguhya to the better God I am now. The AllFather has been corrupted by the Omega. THAT is why Mox now sees a different version than our brother Simjen.

Nonetheless, I share the skepticism of Mox's redemption. And I was so looking forward to hunting Madness! :biggrin: I will think on your request, God of Madness. But I need to hear much more from you to disuade me from my planned amusement!
Moxinomal
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Moxinomal »

Brother Zephyr. What has been done under my mantle after I had left the mists were actions that I had no control over. It was like watching a play being acted out before me. I had witnessed the wickedness performed caged within my own mind. I struggled to get out and I learned how to put secret messages to other gods in hopes that someone would listen. I am glad you did. I had managed to wrest control of myself for one action, and that was to send my piece of starmetal to Simjen for his arc. But that was all I could do before now.

Brother Maddy.. While my evil self reigned madness, it appears that he persuaded one of your followers to my side. I believe you know which one, for you had recently lost contact with her. Seduction. If you so desire, I will return your follower on the dawn of the next season. It is the most I can do to attempt to earn your trust.
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

The reason I ask is in the hopes that you remember enough of it to know who did control what has been done under your mantle. Presumably the World Breaker? But how does he (or whoever) control you? Can identifying the method of control help free you of it?

And your bolt of power to the Maw was a mixture of your own domains and the power of the World Breaker, his minions, and the Bleeds. Did their power come from you? Meaning you are attuned to that realm?
Moxinomal
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Moxinomal »

I can tell you this. I did not feel any outside power other than my own through me. All the power that the evil side of me unleashed was all on his own. I was not the conduit for the extra power so it would seem that it was combined with something as it breached into the world. Perhaps a Bleed was siphoned off from it's natural order as Madness passed over it, giving it the Bleed effect? Maybe through the Bleed, the World Breaker muddled the spell? I am curious as to what exactly happened myself. I just wish I had more to offer.

Return to “Pantheon”