Pantheon - The Third Age - Game Thread

Moderator: Xar

Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

Unzen wrote:
Devaguhya wrote:If they eschew Life, that is their choice.
That is well, for there are bridges that they must cross before they can return.
Ahhhh ... brother Unzen ... there are many paths to Life when I am involved! Some that do not need bridges at all!
Dagon
Giantfriend

Post by Dagon »

Unzen wrote:There is no particular need for you to cast your fish eyed gaze at me, Dagon. But I shall answer the prayers of those who seek my assistance.
As long as those prayers aren't coming from my domain.
Any undead in my waters will be swiftly dealt with.

I would also like to remind the Pantheon that the Seas of Eiran are mine. There will be nothing that occurs in or on top of the Seas that I don't know about.

The Seas are a dangerous place. Any deity's followers who travel on my waters must pay tribute. This can be either followers or wealth. It must be thrown into the ocean where I will collect it.

I assure you this is in your best interest, as any ship who sails without paying tribute might have a difficult time arriving at their destination.
“I am you; you are ME. You are the waves; I am the ocean. Know this and be free, be divine.”
-Sri Sathya Sai Baba
Arcadia
Bloodguard

Post by Arcadia »

Dagon, that is bold. It does not touch me for I am earth and have no desire for me and mine to be water-bound. However, what if I had demanded coin or followers for simply traveling all over my earth which is something every gods followers must do? The earth is even underneath your sea. I think I would be quickly dealt with by the others and taken out of the way.

A word of caution in your ear: you may want to tread (water) more carefully lest you anger too many gods and become a target. You may have allies but your allies may be outnumbered.
Many waters cannot quench love, neither can floods drown it. There is no fear in love; for perfect love cast out fear.
Dagon
Giantfriend

Post by Dagon »

My only goal is to ensure the safety of my fellow Deities' travellers, Sister Earth.

If you offered the same protection for any landwalkers who worship me I would gladly pay any price.
“I am you; you are ME. You are the waves; I am the ocean. Know this and be free, be divine.”
-Sri Sathya Sai Baba
Arcadia
Bloodguard

Post by Arcadia »

Any price? Are you sure of that?
Many waters cannot quench love, neither can floods drown it. There is no fear in love; for perfect love cast out fear.
Unzen
Ramen

Post by Unzen »

Dagon wrote:I assure you this is in your best interest, as any ship who sails without paying tribute might have a difficult time arriving at their destination.
My people have no quarrel with the god of the sea. But if you interfere in their movements to other places.... There is nothing to stop the dwellers of the sea from re-crossing the bridge.
Nou aru taka wa tsume wo kakusu
Arcadia
Bloodguard

Post by Arcadia »

And of course, there are those people who follow no god. What will their fee be?
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam
Location: And closing of the eyes - true vision, The Light within became...Within the Light

Post by O-gon-cho »

Calais wrote:Dagon, that is bold. It does not touch me for I am earth and have no desire for me and mine to be water-bound. However, what if I had demanded coin or followers for simply traveling all over my earth which is something every gods followers must do? The earth is even underneath your sea. I think I would be quickly dealt with by the others and taken out of the way.

A word of caution in your ear: you may want to tread (water) more carefully lest you anger too many gods and become a target. You may have allies but your allies may be outnumbered.
My Lady, if I may be so bold...

I see the example of your mother, the former G-ddess of Wealth, has taught you well. Yet may I remind you that our own circumstances are changed in this new Age? While I hope that cooperation and trust enables our followers to thrive on Eiran, we must take into account Treasury, Wealth, and Contentment. While a bit harsh in his demands, mayhaps Dagon has the rights of it as far as things we should consider.

My L-rd Dagon, may the Light upon your waters bless you with plenty of algae and seaweed, and may the bioluminescence of your deepest dwelling citizens never diminish...
Dagon
Giantfriend

Post by Dagon »

Unzen wrote:My people have no quarrel with the god of the sea. But if you interfere in their movements to other places.... There is nothing to stop the dwellers of the sea from re-crossing the bridge.
You will have my protection if you pay tribute, Unzen. Of course, if you don't, it's unsure what will happen. Your undead don't cause me fear, simply pleasure in defeating them.
Calais wrote:And of course, there are those people who follow no god. What will their fee be?
Those people who do not worship any god will come to realize the best protection is to worship me.
-Sri Sathya Sai Baba
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

O-gon-cho wrote: ... While I hope that cooperation and trust enables our followers to thrive on Eiran, we must take into account Treasury, Wealth, and Contentment. While a bit harsh in his demands, mayhaps Dagon has the rights of it as far as things we should consider.

My L-rd Dagon, may the Light upon your waters bless you with plenty of algae and seaweed, and may the bioluminescence of your deepest dwelling citizens never diminish...
Watch and ware brother Dagon ... I see this hatchling is laying the foundation for her own charges!!

And before you comment again young one ... I may be newly arrived in Eiran; but I am older than your mind can comprehend. I am as old as Life.
Dagon
Giantfriend

Post by Dagon »

Many thanks, Lady O-Gon-Cho! *bows*
-Sri Sathya Sai Baba
Dagon
Giantfriend

Post by Dagon »

Devaguhya wrote:
O-gon-cho wrote: ... While I hope that cooperation and trust enables our followers to thrive on Eiran, we must take into account Treasury, Wealth, and Contentment. While a bit harsh in his demands, mayhaps Dagon has the rights of it as far as things we should consider.

Watch and ware brother Dagon ... I see this hatchling is laying the foundation for her own charges!!

And before you comment again young one ... I may be newly arrived in Eiran; but I am older than your mind can comprehend. I am as old as Life.
Than perhaps it is time for a newer mind, one that is willing to take risks.

It seems I have opened a can of worms here.
-Sri Sathya Sai Baba
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

My goodness! While I was recovering from some delightfully-acquired pains, I missed quite a bit of conversation! :lol:

I must agree that Devaguhya's initial wording was a bit stronger than he now seems to be saying he intended. However, as Bel said, who does not hope to convert all lands? (Aside from me, of course. I'm only interested in the Forests.) But if that was what Devaguhya had in mind, then why bother?

And of course the area with four of the five moonbridges will get a lot of attention. Well, all of you kindly keep your struggles out of the Forests. There are five of them in the Shattered Lands, also.
Unzen
Ramen

Post by Unzen »

Dagon wrote:You will have my protection if you pay tribute, Unzen. Of course, if you don't, it's unsure what will happen. Your undead don't cause me fear, simply pleasure in defeating them.
*shrug* Drowning doesn't worry my followers. The living will rejoice in the opportunity to re-cross the bridge, and the dead fear it not.
Nou aru taka wa tsume wo kakusu
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

Dagon wrote:
Devaguhya wrote:

Than perhaps it is time for a newer mind, one that is willing to take risks.

It seems I have opened a can of worms here.
ahhh ... I apologize brother Dagon ... I should have been more specific. The second comment was for the hatchling O-gon-cho!
Bel
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Bel »

Devaguhya wrote:And before you comment again young one ... I may be newly arrived in Eiran; but I am older than your mind can comprehend. I am as old as Life.
You are truly an arrogant one. Even I do not deny that I am newly called to existence from this world's desire for peace. Life may call for champion or warden as it wills; you are neither the first, nor shall you be the last to claim that role.

Dagon, I will pay no tribute. Do as you will to those of mine who travel upon your seas, but know that action begets action in turn.
Last edited by Bel on Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Dagon
Giantfriend

Post by Dagon »

None taken, Brother Life. I apologize for my misunderstanding.
-Sri Sathya Sai Baba
Arcadia
Bloodguard

Post by Arcadia »

O-gon-cho,
While a bit harsh in his demands, mayhaps Dagon has the rights of it as far as things we should consider.
By this reasoning, then, I also have the right to charge a fee for any creature stepping foot on land. If they desire safe passage over land, then they must pay for it.

What is good for the goose is good for the gander.

Dagon himself claimed that he would pay any price. By your admission, you uphold my right to charge for the use of my earth.

I have been generous to those deities who have asked for my blessing. I have given this blessing freely and without price because I believe that the earth is for all to enjoy and benefit from.

Yet, if this is the path that we are taking, so be it.

I have the monopoly on the earth, as Dagon has on the sea. However, his sea rests on my earth. The ocean floor is mine. The sand, the rock, the dirt is all mine.

Therefore, since Dagon himself claimed that he would pay any price to me, I will demand that he give me half of his earnings from sea crossing.
Keev Furaha
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Keev Furaha »

Zephyr, when the mountain lioness sharpens her claws on the tree bark it can be painful yes but pleasurable and beneficial to both as well, can it not?
Dagon
Giantfriend

Post by Dagon »

Calais, I feel a bit singled out.

If you will notice, my protection is going to everybody. I'm not making any special deals for anyone, including members of my own court.

I'm not going to give in to what is clearly an attack directed solely at me.
-Sri Sathya Sai Baba

Return to “Pantheon”