Pantheon - The Third Age - Game Thread

Moderator: Xar

Bel
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Bel »

Devaguhya wrote:I hereby give notice: I intend to convert the Shattered Lands! While I will not object to others' followers living in my cities; and will offer them Life's support if they ask, I announce my intent now to allow any who object to my plans to comment.

Does any other deity claim the Shattered Lands?
You would lay claim, exclusively, over almost a score of your peers, to the single largest region in the whole of this world--a region that contains one fifth of all the inhabited cities and all four of the bridges that allow safe passage between east and west?
That you would make this claim makes you either a fool or a deliberate provocateur. What right do you claim to anything in this world, except as its inhabitants will grant you? Such claims can only be ignored; time and faith will tell who gains influence in the regions of the world. We can only trust that its peoples choose well.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
an Carraig
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by an Carraig »

somebody's got their CRANKYpants on today!!
sorta testy for a proclaimed peace-nik, aren'tcha there, bel-bottom? :twisted:
crime pays the rock
Bel
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Bel »

Try to conduct yourself with some dignity, child. What are you--a god, or the village fool?
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

I thank you an Carraig and Calais! *bows*. You both show impeccable taste!! *chuckles* And you will have my assitance whenever you request! Life supports prisoners and anything living in th earth!

As to you Bel ... I am simply letting all know that I intend to convert the Shattered Lands ... no one is forced to follow Life. They will follow or not as they chose.
Cryak
Giantfriend

Post by Cryak »

Good morning to all my fellow deities.

Deva, while I do not condone or condemn your claiming of the Shattered Lands, I would like to tell you now that I agree it is as Bel says: an action that invites provocation. Tread carefully.
From a single Acorn, a mighty Oak
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

Tawhiri-matea wrote:Good morning to all my fellow deities.

Deva, while I do not condone or condemn your claiming of the Shattered Lands, I would like to tell you now that I agree it is as Bel says: an action that invites provocation. Tread carefully.
You misunderstand ...
Devaguhya wrote:I hereby give notice: I intend to convert the Shattered Lands!
I did not say claim! That would indeed be provocative. It is not mine to claim. But, I may inform my brothers and sisters that I intend to convert all that I can there! Surely I am being generous with my plans so as to avoid any misunderstandings in the future. [Is not this the way of 'peace' Bel?]
an Carraig
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by an Carraig »

Bel wrote:Try to conduct yourself with some dignity, child. What are you--a god, or the village fool?
i am what you need me to be, ya grump.
goddess or fool. whatever you like. ;)
crime pays the rock
Arcadia
Bloodguard

Post by Arcadia »

"Convert?"

I have no problem with conversions as long as they do not include the earth.
Many waters cannot quench love, neither can floods drown it. There is no fear in love; for perfect love cast out fear.
Bel
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Bel »

God of Life, while you did not state that precise meaning in your words, your statements presupposed ownership just as clearly, when you conflated the term "The Shattered Lands" with "my cities".

You asked if any other god laid claim to the Shattered Lands. I state here now what is no secret to any: that I lay claim to all of the world. There cannot be Peace when the lands and peoples--and even the gods--are divided against themselves. Thus there cannot be Peace unless the whole of the world shares in it.
Unzen
Ramen

Post by Unzen »

Devaguhya wrote:I hereby give notice: I intend to convert the Shattered Lands! While I will not object to others' followers living in my cities; and will offer them Life's support if they ask, I announce my intent now to allow any who object to my plans to comment.
And if they do not wish to convert?
Nou aru taka wa tsume wo kakusu
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam
Location: And closing of the eyes - true vision, The Light within became...Within the Light

Post by O-gon-cho »

Bel wrote: You asked if any other god laid claim to the Shattered Lands. I state here now what is no secret to any: that I lay claim to all of the world. There cannot be Peace when the lands and peoples--and even the gods--are divided against themselves. Thus there cannot be Peace unless the whole of the world shares in it.
I will state a similar intent as well. Wherever Light shines, or wherever Light is needed, I will have word of me spread among the peoples there.
Brid
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Brid »

Does any other deity claim the Shattered Lands?
May Bel's Peace bless your intentions, God of Life.

And yet, what other choice have you? Unless you wish to gift unto Brid, those that displease you?
Keev Furaha
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Keev Furaha »

I too shall have followers everywhere for it is through my dominion that a new mother brings a new being into the world. I am the first thing an infant knows when entering the world. The pain of birth seperation. You cannot keep me out of the shattered lands.
Rasion
Stonedownor

Post by Rasion »

Keev Furaha wrote:Dev wrote:
Keev Furaha wrote:
... I will also return you to life. ... You were dead for half an hour.

I grant you this animation sister Keev. For he is your prophet; and for the affection I hold for those in the Sunset Court. But remember ... Life is my domain ... and none may grant it without my leave!
Thank you for this boon brother Dev. I never intended to step on your toes.... well then again, toe stepping can be fun, for me anyway.

Telmag, a metal bikini you say? Can you make it pinch and chaffe in all the fun places?
If that is what you so choose, could add little barbs and.. Well, we could take this to a more private discussion ;)
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

Unzen wrote:
And if they do not wish to convert?
If they eschew Life, that is their choice. Those who inhabit Eiran are free to chose whatever deity or deities they desire to worship.
Dagon
Giantfriend

Post by Dagon »

Hail, Pantheon!

The Master of the Seas has awakened...
“I am you; you are ME. You are the waves; I am the ocean. Know this and be free, be divine.”
-Sri Sathya Sai Baba
Unzen
Ramen

Post by Unzen »

Devaguhya wrote:If they eschew Life, that is their choice.
That is well, for there are bridges that they must cross before they can return.
Keev Furaha
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Keev Furaha »

Telmag wrote:
If that is what you so choose, could add little barbs and.. Well, we could take this to a more private discussion
Mmmm... Barbs.... I like the sound of that.... 8O :wink:
Dagon
Giantfriend

Post by Dagon »

I trust you will leave your paws off of life under the oceans, Unzen.

I wouldn't things to become... unpleasant... between us.
“I am you; you are ME. You are the waves; I am the ocean. Know this and be free, be divine.”
-Sri Sathya Sai Baba
Unzen
Ramen

Post by Unzen »

There is no particular need for you to cast your fish eyed gaze at me, Dagon. But I shall answer the prayers of those who seek my assistance.

Return to “Pantheon”